I may never have to "slam" a president again in my lifetime

nat4900

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2015
Let me first state that I have often criticized Obama, not to mention the countless times I've criticized the Clintons whom I consider to be unethical, at best, and corrupt at worst. Nonetheless, I reserve my "slamming" of president for folks like GWB who, among his many sins, also directly was responsible for US and others' deaths and maiming, torture, and wasted trillions of dollars.

Nonetheless, given a few important factors, I may never have the "satisfaction" of again slamming a POTUS.....The factors are:

1. The current implosion of the republican party, led by scared, weak and self-preserving morons without an ethical compass. Just look at the vast majority of GOP candidates and the "leaders' in both houses of congress.

2. The rapidly changing demographics of key red states (such as TX and FL) where their electoral college votes may soon turn those status, first purple, and then a vivid blue.

3. And finally, my age and life expectancy.....Since I don't expect a republican to sit in the oval office for another 18 or so years, my criticism of presidents may still be there.........but the slamming, hardly..........alas.

May you live long enough to criticize the rabid right's attempts to impose another disaster like Bush jr on this nation many decades into the future, Nat!

:)

I'd have to concur.

the ability of the left to lie and distract the country from actually important issues is amazing, and during Pres elections it's truly a wonder to behold.

during the last re-election it was made clear to me that no (R) will hold the WH for decades, if ever.

the loss of focus on important issues was just stunning, listen to any station and they were all talking about the most useless meaningless tripe.

the debt is $18 Trillion+ and it won't get but a passing mention, just watch.

Let me first state that I have often criticized Obama, not to mention the countless times I've criticized the Clintons whom I consider to be unethical, at best, and corrupt at worst. Nonetheless, I reserve my "slamming" of president for folks like GWB who, among his many sins, also directly was responsible for US and others' deaths and maiming, torture, and wasted trillions of dollars.

Nonetheless, given a few important factors, I may never have the "satisfaction" of again slamming a POTUS.....The factors are:

1. The current implosion of the republican party, led by scared, weak and self-preserving morons without an ethical compass. Just look at the vast majority of GOP candidates and the "leaders' in both houses of congress.

2. The rapidly changing demographics of key red states (such as TX and FL) where their electoral college votes may soon turn those status, first purple, and then a vivid blue.

3. And finally, my age and life expectancy.....Since I don't expect a republican to sit in the oval office for another 18 or so years, my criticism of presidents may still be there.........but the slamming, hardly..........alas.
Ditto here. I used to be a liberal democrat. Clinton killed that kernel of naiveté. But then I go back, every single politician after Eisenhower has been a gigantic shill sell out to PACs or various groups, either party is just as guilty. From the Military industrial complex to NRA to Hispanic illegal immigrants to gay rights, these are groups manipulating this culture based on money and plain old emotion, and we plebes are left in the lurch.

Don't despair nat...

There will be a Republican president elected again in your short lifetime, well within the 18 years you predict.

• Banned
May you live long enough to criticize the rabid right's attempts to impose another disaster like Bush jr on this nation many decades into the future, Nat!

Thank you friend.....I'm reminded of the phrase." may you live in interesting times..." which can be interpreted as both a blessing or a curse....and, indeed, we are living in "interesting times."

• Banned
Don't despair nat...

There will be a Republican president elected again in your short lifetime, well within the 18 years you predict.

Well, that's good news (I think) ...I'll go sharpen my fangs....LOL

you don't have a clue about Latinos, take away the immigration issue and they are conservative to the core. They always was, always will be.

Thanks for the support. American political system needs to tune into US Americans, not this politically correct spooky weak ideal. Get in tune with America! We want someone to listen to us, all of us. Not just liberal moneyed rich whites , the NRA, Gay rights activists or Hispanic activists. Damn. Just listen to us! Listen to Americans!

Don't despair nat...

How do you expect the gop to out lie the dnc?

you get a fair shake on fox and have con radio
the dems have; abc, cbs, nbc, msn, cnn, hln, pbs,lib radio and social media

plz tell me the plan to out maneuver them

Thanks for the support. American political system needs to tune into US Americans, not this politically correct spooky weak ideal. Get in tune with America! We want someone to listen to us, all of us. Not just liberal moneyed rich whites , the NRA, Gay rights activists or Hispanic activists. Damn. Just listen to us! Listen to Americans!

Isn't that the current purpose of the Hillary campaign?

There will not be a GOP president ever elected in your lifetime.
If you're planning on living only anotehr 17 months. Otherwise you will get to witness the awesomeness of total control of all levels of government by the GOP. Except for a few coastal blue states the rest of the country and the national gov't will be all GOP. The Democrats have so thoroughly screwed the pooch with every program and intitiative a total failure that voters will punish them for years to come. Democrats will have to revert to their old moniker, the Democrat-Republicans in order to win elections.

Don't despair nat...

How do you expect the gop to out lie the dnc?

you get a fair shake on fox and have con radio
the dems have; abc, cbs, nbc, msn, cnn, hln, pbs,lib radio and social media

Out maneuver them?

without Hillary, they have nothing.

Sanders, Chaffee, O'Malley will be lucky to win blue states.

IF Biden runs, he's already a 2 time loser, and the party didn't even give him Miss Congeniality.

There will not be a GOP president ever elected in your lifetime.
If you're planning on living only anotehr 17 months. Otherwise you will get to witness the awesomeness of total control of all levels of government by the GOP. Except for a few coastal blue states the rest of the country and the national gov't will be all GOP. The Democrats have so thoroughly screwed the pooch with every program and intitiative a total failure that voters will punish them for years to come. Democrats will have to revert to their old moniker, the Democrat-Republicans in order to win elections.

Isn't it time for Rabbid to have his meds again?

Because he is so far off in lalaland again not even the OP can stretch that far! :D

Sorry, I was listening to 80s synth. retro. Turns out some millenniums enjoy the 80s sound.

What this about no more Republican presidents?

Well, my dear fellow poster, listening to all those "activists" IS the inherent nature of democracy....which the wise, ancient Greeks labeled "mob-a-cracy."

Not a plan....but a simple suggestion; stop sipping that darn tea.

Delaware-Tea-Party.jpg

Isn't that the current purpose of the Hillary campaign?
someone better tell her then.....because all im hearing his a politician spewing the same old shit...

Forum List

Back