I may never have to "slam" a president again in my lifetime

Other than in-laws, (and a few outlaws), my ancestors have been born here since at least the 1840s on my mothers side, and the 1750s on my fathers.

Pretty sure that means my 'vote' wasnt' imported.

you don't have a clue about Latinos, take away the immigration issue and they are conservative to the core. They always was, always will be.
Your statement demonstrates you have no clue about Latinos and American politics.

Let me first state that I have often criticized Obama, not to mention the countless times I've criticized the Clintons whom I consider to be unethical, at best, and corrupt at worst. Nonetheless, I reserve my "slamming" of president for folks like GWB who, among his many sins, also directly was responsible for US and others' deaths and maiming, torture, and wasted trillions of dollars.

Nonetheless, given a few important factors, I may never have the "satisfaction" of again slamming a POTUS.....The factors are:

1. The current implosion of the republican party, led by scared, weak and self-preserving morons without an ethical compass. Just look at the vast majority of GOP candidates and the "leaders' in both houses of congress.

2. The rapidly changing demographics of key red states (such as TX and FL) where their electoral college votes may soon turn those status, first purple, and then a vivid blue.

3. And finally, my age and life expectancy.....Since I don't expect a republican to sit in the oval office for another 18 or so years, my criticism of presidents may still be there.........but the slamming, hardly..........alas.
What a load of crap.

May you live long enough to criticize the rabid right's attempts to impose another disaster like Bush jr on this nation many decades into the future, Nat!

Thank you friend.....I'm reminded of the phrase." may you live in interesting times..." which can be interpreted as both a blessing or a curse....and, indeed, we are living in "interesting times."
Obama is interesting...like watching flies on shit.
obama-fly.jpg
:biggrin::lol::p

you don't have a clue about Latinos, take away the immigration issue and they are conservative to the core. They always was, always will be.
Your statement demonstrates you have no clue about Latinos and American politics.
You wish I have Latino friends from Chicago to Arizona, I know what the legals think. I have been in there homes, I was invited to their party's.

They bring their culture with them.

I recall a report, I wish I had saved it, of a gay bashing that took place on Long Island. THe bashers were local hispanic gang members.

Long term residents were horrified.

One local said something along the lines of "we don't do stuff like that here".

Moron.

When you invited outsiders into your community, you no longer get to define what "we" do. Because of your actions, the "we" has changed to include people who DO do "stuff like that".

You have considered the cultural changes that are occurring because of massive demographic shift, right?

I grew up in a Mexican-American town.

I have known and interacted all my life with Hispanics.

Their personal family and cultural "conservatism" does not translate into political conservatism, as the numbers quite clearly indicated in the last few elections.

If the GOP refuses to reach out to them where they are at, the GOP will lose. Period.

Their personal family and cultural "conservatism" does not translate into political conservatism, as the numbers quite clearly indicate.

So, you agree that there is a cultural "conservatism" there.

Interesting.

What changes do you foresee in America as we continue to import vast numbers of cultural "conservatives" who tend to join the Democratic Party?

May you live long enough to criticize the rabid right's attempts to impose another disaster like Bush jr on this nation many decades into the future, Nat!

Thank you friend.....I'm reminded of the phrase." may you live in interesting times..." which can be interpreted as both a blessing or a curse....and, indeed, we are living in "interesting times."
Obama is interesting...like watching flies on shit.
obama-fly.jpg
:biggrin::lol::p
Flies love poop.

They bring their culture with them.

I recall a report, I wish I had saved it, of a gay bashing that took place on Long Island. THe bashers were local hispanic gang members.

Long term residents were horrified.

One local said something along the lines of "we don't do stuff like that here".

Moron.

When you invited outsiders into your community, you no longer get to define what "we" do. Because of your actions, the "we" has changed to include people who DO do "stuff like that".

You have considered the cultural changes that are occurring because of massive demographic shift, right?
yup, most all Catholic to the core with shrines in their houses to Jesus

And they are all about family, I can't count how many times they told me how the illegals steal their jobs and lower wages.

Their personal family and cultural "conservatism" does not translate into political conservatism, as the numbers quite clearly indicated in the last few elections.

If the GOP refuses to reach out to them where they are at, the GOP will lose. Period.
what Mexican American town? I see you are afraid to post it in your profile.

Forum List

Back