“I’m Going To Drag Your Asses Into Federal Court... Slander? How can that be?

I am not blind to hatred from lefties...but that is not what we are discussing.

We are discussing a lawsuit from a hypersensitive rightie alleging that he was blamed for last weekend's murders. I have not seen one statement that backs up his claim.
May be true, may not be true. That's for the courts to decide if Levin does drag them in. That's the point. Levin DOES have the right to do that and the results are not always clean cut.

Levin's no moron, no matter what you may think of his rhetoric as a 'hangup artist' talkshow host.

We are discussing a lawsuit from a hypersensitive rightie alleging that he was blamed for last weekend's murders. I have not seen one statement that backs up his claim.
May be true, may not be true. That's for the courts to decide if Levin does drag them in. That's the point. Levin DOES have the right to do that and the results are not always clean cut.

Levin's no moron, no matter what you may think of his rhetoric as a 'hangup artist' talkshow host.
Of course he has the right to put forth a suit. And I have the right to point out that he is a hypocrite on two fronts. One for wanting other talking heads to be shut up. And one for bringing a suit when he has railed against frivolous lawsuits in the past.

Of course he has the right to put forth a suit. And I have the right to point out that he is a hypocrite on two fronts. One for wanting other talking heads to be shut up. And one for bringing a suit when he has railed against frivolous lawsuits in the past.
The hypocrisy being? The fact that he uses inflammatory rhetoric? See Boncher's Maxim below.

Second, any one of them can try to drag him into court if they think they have a case too. Quid pro quo, Clarice.

Thirdly, yes he has railed against frivilous lawsuits. Obviously frivolity is in the mind of the litigants.

Fourthly, this has been done for going on 40 years and is now the precedent of the land... personally I suspect you'd be cheering like crazy if it was Levin who was being threatened with a lawsuit.

Therefore, take the railroad tie out of your own eye before trying to get the mote out of Levin's.

One of these days, some right wing talk show host is gonna get shot.... And the left will find out what it's like to be falsely accused.

But... on topic.... how cool would it be to see some of the media getting dragged into court? I would be highly entertained!

Meh, it would never make it that far. Public figures, members of the press, giving opinions on air? Covered. Under more than one scenario. Hell, they're even allowed to lie, remember?

But yeah....if it happened I'd have a whole thread dedicated to that case. Kickass! :thup:

*Hell, they're even allowed to lie, remember?*

You said it Sister...

If the leftist media didn't lie.. they wouldn't have much to say..:lol:

But isn't that ok? Considering that words don't make people do things?

Ahem.

Marshall Applewhite anyone?

Or David Koresh?

Words don't make people do things, eh?

And I thought the right were against frivilous lawsuits constoing our govt oney?

WTF?

Care to post in English this time?

Damn finners!

OOps.

Costing our government money.

Oh. Well, now that we have you to translate your previously unedited random keystrokes into English (thank you, by the way, for that translation) we can all see that you made no sense in the first place. How on Earth do you come to the conclusion that suing someone like that idiot Chrissy Matthews over at MSLSD is going to "cost the government" anything?

The courts already operate. Litigants pay filing fees, etc. The loser (if it happened to be Matthews) end up paying the judgment. There is basically no cost to the government in such a lawsuit beyond what they are already spending to even exist and operate.

And since the lawsuit hasn't even been filed yet (if it ever is), I deny your presupposition that it's "frivolous," anyway. It seems to me that it may turn out to be frivolous. On its surface, it doesn't sound promising. That I acknowledge. But that's not a certainty. It remains within the realm of possibility that Mr. Levin has a valid legal theory which may take such a possible lawsuit entirely outside the realm of "frivolous."

The hypocrisy being? The fact that he uses inflammatory rhetoric? See Boncher's Maxim below.

Second, any one of them can try to drag him into court if they think they have a case too. Quid pro quo, Clarice.

Thirdly, yes he has railed against frivilous lawsuits. Obviously frivolity is in the mind of the litigants.

Fourthly, this has been done for going on 40 years and is now the precedent of the land... personally I suspect you'd be cheering like crazy if it was Levin who was being threatened with a lawsuit.

Therefore, take the railroad tie out of your own eye before trying to get the mote out of Levin's.
You make a lot of assumptions about other people. In my opinion, all talking heads are basically full of shit and anyone that brought such a lawsuit, left, right, center, or whatever, should be mocked.

You make a lot of assumptions about other people.

:::holds up a mirror:::

...your hypocritical point being as you commit the same sin you criticize 3 words later.

You won't...as it doesn't exist.

LMAO, What is our court system coming to where the residents of the snake pit start suing each other?
That's what's so funny about this. Like I said...Levin's a laughingstock.

:lol:

RWers are infamous for demonizing lawyers and/or those that suck up the resources of the Courts over frivolities....The irony.

RWers are infamous for demonizing lawyers and/or those that suck up the resources of the Courts over frivolities....The irony.

And leftists are notorious for supporting frivilous lawsuits to forward THEIR political cause.

Oh the Irony!

129167297847724253.jpg

Fitz...you're not making any sense. When will FarRWers accept personal responsibility that they seem to revere so much?

The man is being hypocritical...and that's putting it lightly.

Fitz...you're not making any sense. When will FarRWers accept personal responsibility that they seem to revere so much?

There is no hypocrisy inherent the idea of suing someone for slander or libel.

When will you uber-leftwingnuts accept any responsibility for your own words and the consequences of your words?

Your words shames your avatar.

And since people cant seem to read signatures, I'll post it for the terminally stupid here.

"Everyone's a hypocrite. After that it is just a question of subject and scale." Boncher's Maxim

Thank you for proving that maxim all the more.

Mr. Levin does not seem to understand Federal Court jurisdiction. Funner as it might be to litigate where the walls are paneled in walnut, his case will have to filed in state court.

Where it will promptly be dismissed. There is no "statement of fact", only opinion involved here....and he's a public figure, who would never be able to show his defendants knew they were incorrect but nonetheless spoke with actual malice.

This is a blowhard, blowing hard.

I do love when public figures reveal their lack of understanding of the US legal system.

Yeah, right. Attorney Mark Levin probably doesn't understand our system as well as the Dr.IsInsane.

Really valid post, there, nitwit. :cuckoo:

You're right, Mark Levin probably does know the law.

But he's taking advantage of the fact that you (and most of his listeners) clearly don't.

Either Mark Levin doesn't understand the law, or he's full of shit, and all you guys are eating it up. Look up the legal definition of defamation of public figures, and find me a single comment by ANYONE on the left that would qualify as such.

But he's taking advantage of the fact that you (and most of his listeners) clearly don't.

Either Mark Levin doesn't understand the law, or he's full of shit, and all you guys are eating it up. Look up the legal definition of defamation of public figures, and find me a single comment by ANYONE on the left that would qualify as such.

They won't because they can't.

The whopping irony in all this is that the FarRWers have spent, literally, decades demonizing such frivolous lawsuits, yet the INSTANT one of their own initiates one they hail it as the most patriotic thing ever.

LOL!!!

And leftists are notorious for supporting frivilous lawsuits to forward THEIR political cause.

Oh the Irony!

129167297847724253.jpg

It's ironic that you don't know what the word "irony" means...

I haven't seen any liberals who want to stop Levin from suing. We just know that no lawsuit is going to go anywhere. Because we know what the law says.

I wonder if he's going hire one of those dreaded trial lawyers association members...

I do love when public figures reveal their lack of understanding of the US legal system.

Yeah, right. Attorney Mark Levin probably doesn't understand our system as well as the Dr.IsInsane.

Really valid post, there, nitwit. :cuckoo:

Try to untangle your own verbal web, silly boi.

My reply to you was as to your absurd claim about Mark Levin not knowing or understanding what he was talking about.

I accept your concession that he does.

Now, we turn to your claim that since YOU deem his threat of a lawsuit to be un-meritorious, therefore HE must be lying. While I happen to believe that there is probably no genuine prospect that he will ever sue Matthews for saying that he (Levin) bears responsibility for the Arizona tragedy, I (unlike you) recognize that the possibility of a valid lawsuit DOES exist.

I don't have to find you anything. Mark Levin took issue with what Matthews said. So, do your own homework. Many of us already have. What Matthews said is recorded and is available on the web. Try Google. It shouldn't be so difficult for you to locate.

They spent the last two years, in particilar, demonizing "trial lawyers" and turning it into a curse word. But all of a sudden its a badge of honor and patriotism.

Just because a FarRW nutter like Levin's decided to consider mucking up the legal system with his nonsensical and false claims.

CLASSIC!!!

:lol:

P.S. - it was actually more like the last 4 years, because they ramped up the demonization of Lawyers once they saw Obama on the scene and wanted to shut him down.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back