I love my old truck!

It's a 1965 Chevrolet, the long bed stepside model. I've had it for about 7 years now. Runs great, but I only drive it on weekends. It's an in-line six engine with a granny four speed transmission. As you see, it sports the very popular patina paint job. I did restore the interior.

IMG-0029.jpg

image.jpg
OMG! we had a bright yellow one! That's the interior too!
I met my guy- and we would drive it up to swank restaurant on the lake- 5 am. He was the cook and I was the waitress. young? All the town was sleeping- and it would let out these huge backfiring sounds.
once he made a bet if i could drive it.? i did it! could hardly reach the pedals.

My first vehicle was a 1969 step-side chevy truck with the side tire rack.
The side tire rack was a rare option.
I looked a lot like this one.

View attachment 890374
We had one of those too!!!!!!!? This is funny- The blue truck had a black wood body built on it. it was that color too!
Once again- we're head up to the lake to work. I threw my ciggy out the window-
It flew back? and caught the wood rack on fire... flaming roads using ideas as my map?

We pulled over at a tourist stop.... and we kept running back and forth to the water to put it out. The worst damage to the truck was done by a DOG! yep Rosie the Lab-

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzhyper.gif
ate the seat.
ooo I wish I was young again.

This is my truck now. It's a 1987 f-150. small.
It hauls wood and it plows. The plow is hanging all crooked- and rusted. To get in it- a person has to crawl in the passengers side. No wipers. LOL
I was tellin a guy at the doctors today... he said does it still plow? Yup. She's a beauty..

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzztruck.JPG

Last edited:
This is my truck now. It's a 1987 f-150. small.
It hauls wood and it plows. The plow is hanging all crooked- and rusted. To get in it- a person has to crawl in the passengers side. No wipers. LOL
I was tellin a guy at the doctors today... he said does it still plow? Yup. She's a beauty..

View attachment 896349
I used to have a truck just like that. It was two-tone gray.

Only thing I ever used it for was to haul wood and yard debris.

Valve covers leaked like a sieve, though.

Those things will last forever if you keep oil in em.

Forum List

Back