I love my old truck!

Grumpyolman

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2018
San Diego
It's a 1965 Chevrolet, the long bed stepside model. I've had it for about 7 years now. Runs great, but I only drive it on weekends. It's an in-line six engine with a granny four speed transmission. As you see, it sports the very popular patina paint job. I did restore the interior.

IMG-0029.jpg

image.jpg

It's a 1965 Chevrolet, the long bed stepside model. I've had it for about 7 years now. Runs great, but I only drive it on weekends. It's an in-line six engine with a granny four speed transmission. As you see, it sports the very popular patina paint job. I did restore the interior.

IMG-0029.jpg

image.jpg
/——/ I’m not a truck guy but if I were, that’s what I’d want.

Last edited:

IMG-0029.jpg

image.jpg

I see it has 2-60 air conditioner installed:

Two side vent windows open and drive 60 mph to cool the cab. :laughing0301:

The G43 scope mount looks like SARCO repop.

I wasn't a truck kinda gal till I bought my first one a couple decades ago and I never wanted anything else after that. It was a 1972 Ford and it was bad ass. We loved each other.

Then I got my '89 Ford 4x4 with huge tires I couldn't begin to heft if I had a flat. That sucked, but it's beautiful, reliable and chock full of great goodies. The oil warmer dealio comes in handy when it's 147 below zero.

Fun fun fun...

That absolutely looks like a truck for a Grumpy Old Man. There's little danger of it being stolen.

I'm at a loss here.

Someone explain to me the fascination with driving a truck when you don't have to.

I'm at a loss here.

Someone explain to me the fascination with driving a truck when you don't have to.
It is a male thing, related to
  • Driving a car that will travel at speeds you will never, ever even consider, or
  • Driving an SUV that is capable of navigating a swamp that you would avoid like the plague,
  • Carrying a weapon that you will never have to use,
  • Owning expensive tools that you MIGHT use once every decade.

Anyone else have an old truck? If so, what ya got?

Got a 1994 C1500, 215,000 miles, Vortec 4.3L 6 cyl., manual trans., only rust on the body is both cab corners are gone, but fenders and wheel wells/quarter panels are all solid, the frame is pretty rusty but unless you crawl underneath you wouldn't know. Just put a new exhaust and water pump on it, everything has probably been replaced once, some twice but that motor and transmission have never had anything but minor issues since I bought it in 1995.

Anyone else have an old truck? If so, what ya got?

Got a 1994 C1500, 215,000 miles, Vortec 4.3L 6 cyl., manual trans., only rust on the body is both cab corners are gone, but fenders and wheel wells/quarter panels are all solid, the frame is pretty rusty but unless you crawl underneath you wouldn't know. Just put a new exhaust and water pump on it, everything has probably been replaced once, some twice but that motor and transmission have never had anything but minor issues since I bought it in 1995.
95 Ford F-150 XL single cab, long bed w/ straight six & a 5-speed trans. 174k original miles. Rust free.

Forum List

Back