I knew there was a problem with the criminal justice system long before all this happened

I leave people alone and I don't hurt anyone that I don't have good cause to.

Oh boy, if I had a nickel...

... I am curious about something. What do you consider 'good cause' to hurt someone?
If they make a credible threat to me or mine, or if they actually try to hurt me or mine.

Or if I'm being paid to.
What occupation pays people or more specifically you, to "hurt" others?
Relax, I don't do that anymore.
This has nothing to do with relaxation, I'm just trying to ascertain what occupation allows you to "hurt" people because my experiences indicate that huring people - physically, emotionally, financially, psychologically and in some cases merely threatening to hurt them is illegal.

So the only conclusion I can draw if you aren't willing to state a legitimate occupation is that you were taking money to engage in criminal acts of violence against persons which is unlawful according to everything I know however I realize I don't know everything and am curious as to whether this occured somewhere where it wouldn't be considered a crime.
Well you're overlooking military service, where we do get paid to fuck people and shit up.

But yes, I have done other things that would be frowned upon by law enforcement.

Many people who are not guilty take a plea.

A plea is an admission of guilt. Why would you admit guilt if you're not guilty?

You are offered a chance to spend two years in prison for a crime you did not commit, or the option of spending ten times the money your entire family has to try and convince the jury you did not commit a different crime, with a penalty of ten years. You are innocent of both crimes. What do you do knowing that the Prosecution has nearly unlimited funds, and the jury will believe a cop, even when the cop lies?

They will bankrupt anyone ....even if innocent if they choose too..........for politics are to get re elected as a DA...........to stay in power........They can manufacture evidence and railroad your ass............

And even when they are caught doing so.........they will get no punishment other than maybe losing their jobs and nothing more.............

No Gov't can survive UNETHICAL MEN running the country...........No LEGAL SYSTEM can be Just when run by IMMORAL MEN.

A plea is an admission of guilt. Why would you admit guilt if you're not guilty?

You are offered a chance to spend two years in prison for a crime you did not commit, or the option of spending ten times the money your entire family has to try and convince the jury you did not commit a different crime, with a penalty of ten years. You are innocent of both crimes. What do you do knowing that the Prosecution has nearly unlimited funds, and the jury will believe a cop, even when the cop lies?

And yet, thousands of people walk free from courtrooms across this country every day. Including many that, on face value, probably shouldn't.

I have to wonder why that mean, old Prosecutor chose to pick on you and not all the others.

Yes, the adversarial system of justice destroys the lives of innocent people everyday.

There is no genuine search for the truth.

As many an expert has pointed out, judges know very well that some cops lie in court, but the judges are part of the system, so they play along.

Furthermore, there is a lot of injustice because there is not enough investigation after a person accuses another of a crime. Some years back, some teenagers decided to accuse a woman of putting a razor in Halloween candy. The cops arrested the woman on the mere word of the accusers. Although she was eventually released, one can imagine the mental and physical turmoil suffered by that lady.

There should be reform of the police. The reason why many people cannot support that "movement" with three initials is that it refuses to acknowledge that most of those incidents involving certain young gentlemen and the cops resulted from the defiance and violence used by the young gentlemen.

In Japan, I hear, charges are usually brought against someone ONLY after a thorough investigation. Conviction is usually a given in the Japanese courts, as a result.

And yet, thousands of people walk free from courtrooms across this country every day. Including many that, on face value, probably shouldn't.

I have to wonder why that mean, old Prosecutor chose to pick on you and not all the others.

Well since the most serious crime I have been convicted of was speeding your allusion that I am a crook falls flat. Of course that is always what you say.

Well since the most serious crime I have been convicted of was speeding your allusion that I am a crook falls flat. Of course that is always what you say.

You seem to have rather strong views on the subject considering you have no experience with it.

So your knowledge of the justice system seems is purely anecdotal and not based on any actual experience.

Prosecutors and police have too much power in the criminal justice system. If they charge you with a crime, it doesn't matter if you're guilty, you have to take the plea bargain to avoid the expense of trial and the possibility of a long prison sentence.

Public defenders won't help you. They are overworked and not very motivated.

A private attorney will help you, but only the wealthy can afford to pay.
of course it matters if youre guilty,,,

and if you arent guilty your stupid for taking a plea,,,

You have no idea what you are talking about.
it would help if you explained why,,,you sound like a nutjob otherwise,,,

Prosecutors and police have too much power in the criminal justice system. If they charge you with a crime, it doesn't matter if you're guilty, you have to take the plea bargain to avoid the expense of trial and the possibility of a long prison sentence.

Public defenders won't help you. They are overworked and not very motivated.

A private attorney will help you, but only the wealthy can afford to pay.
of course it matters if youre guilty,,,

and if you arent guilty your stupid for taking a plea,,,

You have no idea what you are talking about.
it would help if you explained why,,,you sound like a nutjob otherwise,,,
It's OK...everybody except you understood.

The way out is being connected to people who can get you out.

White people will often have these connections.

Black people almost never do.
It's about planning ahead; I have a bondsman, and a lawyer. I have a friend who is a shift supervisor at county. And I did a favor for, and maintain a relationship with, a person who is a direct line to an ABoT shotcaller in Huntsville if I ever get sent there and need to call on that.

I'm living pretty clean these days but since when has that been enough to keep a man out of jail?

I'm all about planning ahead.

If you're planning ahead for getting arrested, I'm going out on a limb here and guessing you're not exactly a choir boy.
I'm not.

I'm a free man determined to keep living that way. I leave people alone and I don't hurt anyone that I don't have good cause to. But I don't allow anyone to abuse me or my people either.
Treat me good and I'll treat you better. Treat me bad and I'll treat you worse.

You would not believe how many people hate me and want me thrown in a cage for the rest of my life and/or killed just for that.
You must be a real charmer.
I can be but it's work.... and I'm getting tired of making the effort, the older I get.

I keep to myself and I don't fuck with people. If someone has a beef with me, I sure as hell didn't instigate it.
Have read a lot of your posts and often seem like reasonably normal people. I figured you were on some kind of binge binge of thought last night. Been in positions where I had to call the shots, enforce my will and be what some thought an asshole, but almost never engendered the animosity of those I interacted with as you reflect, mostly passing down plans, policy, course corrections etc, through others, sometimes chosen for people skills that came easier to them, that I had not developed as well. Surely you are not a slumlord super. What kind of business are you in?

It's about planning ahead; I have a bondsman, and a lawyer. I have a friend who is a shift supervisor at county. And I did a favor for, and maintain a relationship with, a person who is a direct line to an ABoT shotcaller in Huntsville if I ever get sent there and need to call on that.

I'm living pretty clean these days but since when has that been enough to keep a man out of jail?

If you're planning ahead for getting arrested, I'm going out on a limb here and guessing you're not exactly a choir boy.
I'm not.

I'm a free man determined to keep living that way. I leave people alone and I don't hurt anyone that I don't have good cause to. But I don't allow anyone to abuse me or my people either.

You would not believe how many people hate me and want me thrown in a cage for the rest of my life and/or killed just for that.
I can be but it's work.... and I'm getting tired of making the effort, the older I get.

I keep to myself and I don't fuck with people. If someone has a beef with me, I sure as hell didn't instigate it.
Have read a lot of your posts and often seem like reasonably normal people. I figured you were on some kind of binge binge of thought last night. Been in positions where I had to call the shots, enforce my will and be what some thought an asshole, but almost never engendered the animosity of those I interacted with as you reflect, mostly passing down plans, policy, course corrections etc, through others, sometimes chosen for people skills that came easier to them, that I had not developed as well. Surely you are not a slumlord super. What kind of business are you in?
Security.
Consulting, instructing, contracting, etc.
And I'm retired Army.

I spend a lot of time telling people things they don't want to hear, and none of them are getting any better at listening and accepting it when I do; it gets really tiresome.

I'm not.

Security.
And I'm retired Army.

I spend a lot of time telling people things they don't want to hear, and none of them are getting any better at listening and accepting it when I do; it gets really tiresome.
Figures. People that pay to hear what at some level they probably knew but didn't like it when thought it either are a pain in the ass. Best you can really do is give written report and make sure you get the check, whether they make change 1 or not, but you already know that.

I'm not.

Security.
And I'm retired Army.

Figures. People that pay to hear what at some level they probably knew but didn't like it when thought it either are a pain in the ass. Best you can really do is give written report and make sure you get the check, whether they make change 1 or not, but you already know that.
People want simple bottom line answers to incredibly complex and nuanced questions, and they get pissy when the best answer I can give is, "Well, it depends...."
The other response they hate is when I say "No."; a certain type of person will always attempt to disregard that and keep on with whatever behavior got me involved in the first place, and they will bullshit, cajole, threaten, bluster, lie, or just plain ignore that "No.", and when they do, I know that I'm going to have to listen to a lot of nonsense, and quite possibly have to go hands on, to make them understand that they are going to accept that "No.", even if I have to write it on a 2x4, and then kick it up their ass sideways.

None of this is particularly fun, which is why I charge $100 an hour for instruction and consultation.
Contracting doesn't pay as well, but it's a steadier income stream, because most people don't want to deal with these people even if they know how, (which a lot don't), so they're happy to have somebody like me who can get it done without the facility getting sued or ending up on the news.

Forum List

Back