I just want a @%*&!! pickup truck!!

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
Ready to trade off my loooong paid for 2006 Eddie Bauer Explorer...
frd.jpg

For a pick up truck.
But alas... they don't make trucks anymore.
I don't want a @$#&!! luxury RV sized thing that happens to have a small bed:

ford.jpg

Where the f*ck are pick up trucks?? They use to be cheaper than cars!!... why did they become these monster vehicle/status symbols?
The f*ck do I want to get a 2nd vehicle that cost more than our main car??

Insanity.

IMHO, lots of men (and women) drive huge pickup trucks to compensate.

View attachment 281695

For a pick up truck.

View attachment 281697

Where the f*ck are pick up trucks?? They use to be cheaper than cars!!... why did they become these monster vehicle/status symbols?

Insanity.
I agree completely. Went shopping for a z71 Silverado extended cab long bed. Would have had to be special ordered for around $70 grand.

View attachment 281695

For a pick up truck.

View attachment 281697

Insanity.

Get a used truck.

My primary vehicle is a Ram 1500 and it is very nice because I tend to do long drives. But it is a monster to park in town. So I got myself a 1991 Mercury Capri convertible to drive in town. It cost me $3500. I wasn't going to spend $50 K on a new convertible for that.

View attachment 281695

For a pick up truck.

View attachment 281697

Insanity.
Maybe, since ISIS, pick up trucks became more rare and thus expensive...

View attachment 281695

For a pick up truck.

View attachment 281697

Insanity.

Get a used truck.

My primary vehicle is a Ram 1500 and it is very nice because I tend to do long drives. But it is a monster to park in town. So I got myself a 1991 Mercury Capri convertible to drive in town. It cost me $3500. I wasn't going to spend $50 K on a new convertible for that.
I bought a used Tacoma a year ago (2006). I haven't had a problem with it.

View attachment 281695

For a pick up truck.

View attachment 281697

Insanity.

Get a used truck.

/—-/ I had a Capri convertible, loved it. 120,000 miles on the original clutch. Traded it in for a 05 mustang convertible that lasted me 10 years until the Ford dealer screwed me on a repair.

I don't get why people would choose to drive a truck if they didn't have to.

View attachment 281695

For a pick up truck.

View attachment 281697

Insanity.

My biggest bitch is having to buy a certain package to get that one feature you want.
You can still get a plain Jane work truck if you want basic.

I paid right at 40k for my TRD Tundra. Thought about the TRD Pro for 58k but since I was going to modify the suspension,which is the big draw of the Pro,I went with the TRD and spent another 15k on mods.
The only thing I dont have is that damn electric window in the back!!! Damn I wanted that feature!!!

View attachment 281695

For a pick up truck.

View attachment 281697

Insanity.

Keep the explorer and buy a 2014 or so F150

And the ones who actually need a truck don’t want a luxury vehicle to ding up while doing truck things. The OP is correct that there should be basic trucks for sale.

General truck stuff... I don't live in a city, we have some grounds so you need boards/rocks/yard stuff... different stuff.
And I don't...won't.... spend $40k+ to get a vehicle that you are going to "man handle".

2019_Tundra_SX_Package_1_AC043EEA48E8882758898CC7401E2295CD2F08B0-679x381.jpg

Toyota’s Tundra is not the newest full-size pickup on the market today – not by a longshot – but it’s probably the most reliable. When it comes to value, you can pick up an entry-level SR model for roughly $33,000 including delivery charges. That gets you an extended-cab body with a six-and-a-half-foot bed. Under the hood resides a 4.6-liter V8 that’s good for 310 horsepower and 327 pound-feet of torque. A six-speed auto-box and two-wheel drive round out this truck’s powertrain.

View attachment 281695

For a pick up truck.

View attachment 281697

Insanity.

Get a used truck.

A nice truck. I put almost 250,000 on mine before I traded it in and never had a problem.

View attachment 281695

For a pick up truck.

View attachment 281697

Insanity.

Get a used truck.

A nice truck. I put almost 250,000 on mine before I traded it in and never had a problem.

We only buy Toyotas.
The Wife got 275k miles out of her 4Runner,I kept trying to get her to trade it in but she refused.....right up until she saw that our local dealership had the 2019 Tacoma 4x4 in Quicksand.
bde419f8034de4a6c65173d63583d44a.jpg

And the ones who actually need a truck don’t want a luxury vehicle to ding up while doing truck things. The OP is correct that there should be basic trucks for sale.
/----/ Never been a truck guy but you can buy a basic one starting at $18 grand.
Top 10 Cheapest Pickup Trucks » AutoGuide.com News
The problem with the Frontier is the box is small, it is a little bigger than the old Chevy S10, or Ford Ranger (which I understand Ford is bringing back the Ranger)
And it has the lowly 2.0 4 cyl. I hate under powered vehicles.
I have seen a few Chevy Colorado's around, It has the long box which is good

And there are.
Think of fleet trucks,they're basic as hell and you can still buy em.

Forum List

Back