I just finished my Christmas shopping.

Sunshine

Trust the pie.
Dec 17, 2009
Online shopping is the bomb!

Admittedly, I don't have many to buy for these days. Pretty much all of my in laws have died, and most of my family. But I try to do well for the children and the grandson.

I'll be watching Amazon to see if anything on my wish list is less on Cyber Monday, but I didn't want to risk waiting until them for the gifts. Last year I did wait to buy for the grandbaby for cyber Monday, but it was an expensive gift. I didn't expect them to sell out and I got a good discount.

Last edited:
Do you have a rewards credit card? You get 5% back from Amazon purchases.

I have Amazon Prime and only pay $78 or so a year for shipping of everything I order. I do not have the rewards card. At present I am using my American Airlines Advantage card for most everything and collecting air mileage points for a trip.

I'll be starting my Christmas shopping on Friday, against my better judgment. The wife's going to drag me to the mall amongst the madness and chaos.

I have no choice. Tomorrow, while I'm watching football, and entertaining guests, the wife will be busy in the kitchen preparing all the food. If I don't go on Friday, my conscience would bother me. I would be able to eat plenty of leftover turkey sandwiches, but unfortunately my conscience would not permit me.

Admittedly, I don't have many to buy for these days. Pretty much all of my in laws have died, and most of my family. But I try to do well for the children and the grandson.

You're blessed to have someone to share your love. Christmas time makes me wish I had had a family of my own. I never look forward to the day, with everything closed down and no business to conduct. It's the one day I can feel downright lonely. Spoil the crap out of those kids...it's a precious thing.

You're blessed to have someone to share your love. Christmas time makes me wish I had had a family of my own. I never look forward to the day, with everything closed down and no business to conduct. It's the one day I can feel downright lonely. Spoil the crap out of those kids...it's a precious thing.

Somewhere near you there is a hospital that has a children's unit. Just sayin'.

One thing I have to accept is how sick my body is. But my life has been spent in the service of others. So, giving up my job was the hardest thing I ever did. I used to fantasize about being a hospital clown and having a circuit of children's units to visit. I even planned to buy a metallic gold Harley trike to ride in on. I had the costume designed in my mind. After years of seeing and smelling mental illness, homelessness, and abuse I wanted to do something fun. Now, it is of great importance that I stay away from sick children because of my own illness. But I have found a place to volunteer that is fun and entails none of those bad things.

Forum List

Back