I just checked the weather, its raining in NC. Pretty historic indeed lulz

No crystal ball needed. Just exercise common sense based on weather reports. All the sensationalism is uncalled for.

I guess the phrase, "erring on the side of caution" isn't part of your vernacular.

I certainly have no problem with that and that's what most officials are doing. Then you have those who were just seeking the limelight.

No crystal ball needed. Just exercise common sense based on weather reports. All the sensationalism is uncalled for.

I guess the phrase, "erring on the side of caution" isn't part of your vernacular.

I certainly have no problem with that and that's what most officials are doing. Then you have those who were just seeking the limelight.

Of course there were some but meteorology is anything but an exact science, all the computer models were showing worst case scenarios. If that's what you have to go on then that is what you follow. Remember also, since Katrina, our government, from local to national, have become overly cautious when it comes to hurricanes for obvious reasons.

What an epic failure of a prediction.

Grandpa, maybe you should start posting your threads in the right forum. Not EVERYTHING you post about goes in the "politics" forum.
You sure are a bitter little piece of shit.

You said something to that effect yesterday. Duly noted twit. Now go back to your obsession with presidential hair.

What an epic failure of a prediction.

Grandpa, maybe you should start posting your threads in the right forum. Not EVERYTHING you post about goes in the "politics" forum.

You said something to that effect yesterday. Duly noted twit. Now go back to your obsession with presidential hair.
It bears repeating.

People have already died from this storm. Millions are without power. The storm surge is already higher than Gloria. It's expected to be at least a foot higher.
The ground is saturated from the summer of continuous rain.
The storm is 1600 miles across and producing record rain.

This is going to be one great big mess.

People have already died from this storm. Millions are without power. The storm surge is already higher than Gloria. It's expected to be at least a foot higher.

Vinyl went out years ago......... Just saying......... :eusa_whistle:

Vinyl went out years ago......... Just saying......... :eusa_whistle:

Thirteen inches of rain have already fallen in the area -- however forecasters from the National Weather Service (NWS) expect two inches in Friday morning, up to 2.5 inches more on Saturday and perhaps a little more on Sunday before Irene finally fades away.

By that point, the old monthly record of rainfall, 13.07 inches recorded in September 1999, will be shattered by a wide margin.

Hurricane Irene: Philadelphia Area May Break Monthly Rainfall Record - International Business Times

Forecasters say that also made August 2011 the all-time wettest month on record, breaking the old record of 13.07 inches set in September 1999, mostly due to another storm — Hurricane Floyd.

But the month isn’t over yet — and forecasters note that Hurricane Irene can be counted on to add additional rainfall to push those totals even higher.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2011/08/27/philadelphia-already-has-had-wettest-month-in-history/

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone knew it would be a Cat 1 by the time it got here. Obama is just trying fool people by insert himself into a situation and posing as a leader.

Yes that is all it is..He is being hammered for all the vacations, for his failed policies, the polls are showing the people want him gone, sooner rather than later.
so in he rides to take COMMAND of a rainstorm..:lol:

Maybe Rick Perry could ask God to move some of this rain to Texas?

Everyone knew it would be a Cat 1 by the time it got here. Obama is just trying fool people by insert himself into a situation and posing as a leader.

Yes that is all it is..He is being hammered for all the vacations, for his failed policies, the polls are showing the people want him gone, sooner rather than later.

Are you talking about the policies Republicans sabotaged? Remember, they got 98% of everything they wanted and then the country was downgraded.

Boehner: I do. When you look at this final agreement that we came to with the white House, I got 98 percent of what I wanted. I'm pretty happy.

Boehner: I got 98 percent of what I wanted - CBS News

Only Republicans are happy with failure. It's why everything they've touched for the last 20 years has failed. They aren't through yet. The country is only staggering. It's still alive. Seems they still have work to do.

Are you talking about the policies Republicans sabotaged? Remember, they got 98% of everything they wanted and then the country was downgraded.

Boehner: I do. When you look at this final agreement that we came to with the white House, I got 98 percent of what I wanted. I'm pretty happy.

Boehner: I got 98 percent of what I wanted - CBS News

Only Republicans are happy with failure. It's why everything they've touched for the last 20 years has failed. They aren't through yet. The country is only staggering. It's still alive. Seems they still have work to do.

Yeah yeah, we've heard it all before, NOTHING is the fault of the Obama or his Comrades in Arms in the DEMOCRAT PARTY...that is why his approval is now down in the 30,s...and in ONLY LESS THAN THREE YEARS. he beat Bush out on that HISTORIC rating in such a short time..:lol:

Maybe Rick Perry could ask God to move some of this rain to Texas?

Obama is already parting the storm so Rick wouldn't get much. The messiah has already spoken on this subject matter. He informed us that were all basically doomed.

Oh wait...... That was based on his election.

The thing will be a tropical storm by the time it hits the Apple. They will get some rain and storm surge because Long Island NY is a freaking island in the Atlantic Ocean. I watched Fox's Shep Smith whom I trust, question the sanity of a man in Queens who who did not evacuate and refused to believe that Queens County would be wiped off the map. Fox had a veteran war correspondant standing on the Atlantic City boardwalk who proceeded to tell viewers how wild the ocean looked and how close it was coming while you could see about a half a mile of beach in the background. Scripted hysteria seemed to be the rule of the day.

I lived in Houston for many years and went through at least a dozen named storms. They're unpredictable. Sometimes they weaken and sometimes they change course at the last minute like Rita and sometimes they hit dead on at full force, like Ike and Allison and Alicia. The job of government is to warn people of the worst case scenario. "Hope for the best and plan for the worst". This storm had the potential to cause historic damage - it was a Cat 3 over the water, and a large one. Fortunately, it fell apart and didn't really make a direct hit.

But that doesn't mean that Obama didn't say exactly the right thing as the storm was coming in.

People blaming him for his comments are woefully ignorant. Talk about looking for anything to bash somebody with. A president warns his people of a possibly devastating storm, then the storm turns out to not be as bad as it could have been, so now the president's an idiot? Man, that's a bad look for y'all.

Yea, all the fear mongering and 24/7 sensationalism was completely necessary. Most people are too stupid to prepare without being told too. Everyone did a great job manufacturing a crisis to rally around.

Warning the people is one thing, beating the fear drums to the bitter end is ridiculous.

If you're talking about the media, I completely agree. I heard some tart describe "driving rain" and "pounding surf" and she even said the guy on the scene was having to anchor his foot in the wet sand to avoid being "literally blown away". He was in maybe 50-60 mph winds at the time. We get those winds pretty regularly in Central Texas and it's not that difficult to walk through, but she acted like he was standing in the middle of freaking Katrina.

But if you think Obama is somehow to blame for the sensationalism of the news, I completely disagree. Obama said exactly what he should have said. He shouldn't lose points for warning people of the worst case scenario and then the worst case scenario not coming to fruition.

If you're talking about the media, I completely agree. I heard some tart describe "driving rain" and "pounding surf" and she even said the guy on the scene was having to anchor his foot in the wet sand to avoid being "literally blown away". He was in maybe 50-60 mph winds at the time. We get those winds pretty regularly in Central Texas and it's not that difficult to walk through, but she acted like he was standing in the middle of freaking Katrina.

But if you think Obama is somehow to blame for the sensationalism of the news, I completely disagree. Obama said exactly what he should have said. He shouldn't lose points for warning people of the worst case scenario and then the worst case scenario not coming to fruition.

That's right tex. Weather people can't say the word wave without adding "crashing" or "thundering". Here's an actual quote this morning from weather hype in Vermont: "35 mph winds, pretty amazing stuff". Say what?

Forum List

Back