I just caught a frog and ate its legs - tastes like chicken breast.

Mr.Nick

VIP Member
May 10, 2011
I was watching Man vs Wild and Bear Grills was eating frog legs.... I was like "I wonder what those taste like" so I went out back and caught some frogs and grilled their legs over a fire. Pretty tasty - not a lot of meat but it tastes like chicken breast....

My goal was to eat anything I caught and grill it over the fire...... I wanted to catch a catfish, but I caught a "tad poll" looking fish the size of a small catfish - a fish I have never caught or seen in my life (and I fish a lot) so I didn't eat that because I had no idea what it was.... I ate the frog legs tho - they were awesome. I put the big ass tad poll looking thing in my pond.

I've never seen a tad poll 6-8 inches long.

About 25 years ago my son and I caught a 7.5 lb Channel Cat in a farm pond in Missouri. Brought it home, my wife sliced it up and deep fried it.

It was probably the best fish I've ever had.

Frog%20Legs-thumb-244x242.jpg

About 25 years ago my son and I caught a 7.5 lb Channel Cat in a farm pond in Missouri. Brought it home, my wife sliced it up and deep fried it.

I only wish I caught a catfish (which I usually catch)...... I caught something that resembled a catfish that I have never seen before..... It was like a gigantic tadpole (6-8 inches)...

I threw it in a bag then threw it in the small family pond - I should have taken a few pics because I am absolutely dumbfounded on what exactly it was.... I wasn't going to eat it.

Catfish are delicious tho..... Outside of Salmon and Tuna they're my favorite.

Oh dude! That's like epic, dude! Like totally! Like, how many beers did you have with the frog, dude? Yo dude, like I bet you could have like had sex with the frog if you like wanted to, but you like totally like said 'no way' because the frog was like too young. Also, you like almost kicked some other frog's ass, I bet.

I only wish I caught a catfish (which I usually catch)...... I caught something that resembled a catfish that I have never seen before..... It was like a gigantic tadpole (6-8 inches)...

I threw it in a bag then threw it in the small family pond - I should have taken a few pics because I am absolutely dumbfounded on what exactly it was.... I wasn't going to eat it.

Did it have 2 legs or 4 legs? If 4 legs it could habe been a "grampus" or Hellbender.
Google hellbender and see.

Did it have 2 legs or 4 legs? If 4 legs it could habe been a "grampus" or Hellbender.
Google hellbender and see.

No, the best way to describe it would be a catfish with a catfish body (puffy stomach) smooth channel cat gray skin but with a bizarre tail (kinda like the hellbender) but it didn't have the bony fins like a catfish does..... It was almost like a hybrid..... I've been fishing for most of my life and never caught anything like it....

I thew it in my pond, I don't even know if it is still alive - either way I'm going to take pics to have it identified......

It looks like 6-8 inch tadpole with channel cat gray skin with a weird tail and an extended belly with amphibian like fins/legs.... It has a catfish head tho with no whiskers...

It's a bizarre mutant fish......

I'll post pics tomorrow because I'm extremely curious as to what it is.....

I was watching Man vs Wild and Bear Grills was eating frog legs.... I was like "I wonder what those taste like" so I went out back and caught some frogs and grilled their legs over a fire. Pretty tasty - not a lot of meat but it tastes like chicken breast....

My goal was to eat anything I caught and grill it over the fire...... I wanted to catch a catfish, but I caught a "tad poll" looking fish the size of a small catfish - a fish I have never caught or seen in my life (and I fish a lot) so I didn't eat that because I had no idea what it was.... I ate the frog legs tho - they were awesome. I put the big ass tad poll looking thing in my pond.

Cool!.... any pics of the tad poll?

Cool!.... any pics of the tad poll?

Tomorrow.....

If it is alive it may take me a couple days to catch it but I'm certainly going to try......

The pond is like 13 feet by 12 feet and 2-1/2 feet deep...

As it is we have 4 Bulegill, 12 goldfish, 2 Koi,, catfish, rock bass and few frogs (Which I didn't eat). Oh yeah not to mention the weirdo fish I caught today...

Cool!!.... i cant wait to see what this thing is!

It is a mutant catfish or a record sized tadpole......

At any rate I hope it is dead so I can take pics and send it off to potentially be analyzed.

It could be common somewhere else, but I never caught this type of fish .......

If I can get the little guy dead or alive I will certainly provide pics - I really don't know what type of fish this is.....

At any rate I hope it is dead so I can take pics and send it off to potentially be analyzed.

If I can get the little guy dead or alive I will certainly provide pics - I really don't know what type of fish this is.....

sp_1510_07.jpg

sp_1510_07.jpg

I found out what it was.... It was a gigantic tadpole..

Oh and the raccoons ate half of it hahahaha...

5404122873_765d58dc63_z.jpg

I never caught anything like that.... It was huge too 6-8 inches....

Mine was 2x the size of the one in the picture and looked more like a catfish....

Last edited:

Forum List

Back