I hear VZ is a good buy right now

Since I've started this thread, this is the only stock in my portfolio that has been a steady gainer, albeit modestly. All my other holdings have lost value from their highest value in the period between July 17 and November 22.

A good rule is to not look for massive growth in all your holdings, but to buy some you know will remain either stable or have modest growth, especially if your other holdings have a volatile history. I do wish I had of bought more of this stock, as a nice safe place to park.

The stock is way down, as are all telecom stocks, questions about lead cabling, and costly replacement. My stock guy said to load up.

Your "stock guy" is recommending you buy individual stocks? He doesn't happen to work at 7-11, does he?

lol

How about this...

I bought 333 shares of IMUX for $1.48 a share. Lets see who made the most money off their stock in say 6 months or a year?

You game?
Looks like 6 mos later, you're down a whopping $140-ish

imux.png

VZ isn't a super-rotten buy at around 36-ish right now. The median's around $44.

$8-$9 a share easy

That's about 25%, brah.

9 is 25% of 36 all day long. :dunno:

Idk how you were told to buy stocks, I only know the way I was. Some middle-aged Jewish business man

that ran a small company doing that taught me the basics a long time ago, and somehow it stuck.

Last edited:
Since I've started this thread, this is the only stock in my portfolio that has been a steady gainer, albeit modestly. All my other holdings have lost value from their highest value in the period between July 17 and November 22.

A good rule is to not look for massive growth in all your holdings, but to buy some you know will remain either stable or have modest growth, especially if your other holdings have a volatile history. I do wish I had of bought more of this stock, as a nice safe place to park.
In my experience, the only way a little guy can outperform the major indexes is with dividend reinvestment is solid big companies. Otherwise, just dollar cost average into the index funds.

In my experience, the only way a little guy can outperform the major indexes is with dividend reinvestment is solid big companies. Otherwise, just dollar cost average into the index funds.
:uhoh3:

This is like my friend's kid trying to explain options to me. Basically it's betting from what I can figure. :dunno:

Looks like 6 mos later, you're down a whopping $140-ish

View attachment 862025
VZ isn't a super-rotten buy at around 36-ish right now. The median's around $44.

$8-$9 a share easy

That's about 25%, brah.

9 is 25% of 36 all day long. :dunno:

Idk how you were told to buy stocks, I only know the way I was. Some middle-aged Jewish business man

that ran a small company doing that taught me the basics a long time ago, and somehow it stuck.

except for the fact I sold it the beginning of Aug.

Ahh, you made a little money!
Close to $300?

I did make a little money, it is my mad money. I pay a professional for my real investments. Then I have an account that I buy stocks like this with. I win some, I lose some. Started it with 250 bucks I think and have never put more money into it, but have taken out a few times.

I never buy stocks because real estate is way better.
Not only do houses appreciate much faster and steady than stocks, but if housing prices flatten, then rents tend to go up and you still make out.
With real estate, all you have to do is come up with the financing, and then the tenants buy the property for you.
Not to mention all the tax breaks.
But have trump supporters and biden haters been complaining about the houses appreciating in value in under biden?

Yes, everyday I see another post about House Prices being unaffordable....and nobody can afford a purchase of a house.....but that certainly changes if you are the property owner.......huh!

The stock is way down, as are all telecom stocks, questions about lead cabling, and costly replacement. My stock guy said to load up.

It’s up 7% since July. A profit is a profit.

I put some money into Victoria’s Secret in Snapchat. Victoria’s Secret up about 15% in a month and Snapchat is up about 23% in the same time.

I’m also invested into rumble at around 5.35 a share … I got it at just about it at Low point

You should look at Victoria’s Secret. It was his highest $75 a share and even now it’s at about 22 last time I checked. They got rid of their go woke go broke policy so that should help.

Snapchat had an all-time high of around $80 and it’s 12.50 now

I’m down big though on exro technologies … some kind of Canadian company that makes parts for electric vehicles. A friend of mine told me about it and thought it would take off and maybe it’s still will.

Got about $2.50 a share almost 2 years ago it’s today down 60% of its value but I’m gonna hang onto it. Ill learn my lesson from that though.

I will trust my own intuitions. And I’m not sure about the future of these electric car companies.

Forum List

Back