I have a question

I don't know about that and I don't care. That's between him and his bandmates.

But I do know that he's recorded some damn good music. I prefer his Sabbath material to his solo, but I may well be in the minority on that.

You'll notice that my question only involved Ozzy.

Ozzy sucks.

New? Yes,

Old? You're on fucking crack.

If I was on crack I'd probably enjoy him more, the whole lowered inhibitions and heightened interest thing.

For real though, he's not my bag. I did actually think he did some ok stuff with Black Label Society though, but that would be the new stuff you don't like.

I can dig Zakk Wylde, him and Ozzy sound alright together.

Ozzy sucks.

New? Yes,

Old? You're on fucking crack.

If I was on crack I'd probably enjoy him more, the whole lowered inhibitions and heightened interest thing.

For real though, he's not my bag. I did actually think he did some ok stuff with Black Label Society though, but that would be the new stuff you don't like.

I can dig Zakk Wylde, him and Ozzy sound alright together.

Interesting that you like him and Zakk together, but you don't like any Ozzy, since Zakk was Ozzy's lead guitarist for a damn long period of time..at *least* 3 consecutive albums, if I remember right...as well as misc. tours and such over the last 10+ years. During summer of this year, they finally decided to part ways...

Last edited by a moderator:
He's a perfect example of why people should stay away from drug use. He looks like shit. He dresses like shit. He's ruined his body with his drug use. I've never heard him say anything intelligent. As a musician, he really sucks. I agree with you. He sucks. In my humble opinion, he is a very poor example of just about everything except of what a drug addict should be.

He's a perfect example of why people should stay away from drug use. He looks like shit. He dresses like shit. He's ruined his body with his drug use. I've never heard him say anything intelligent. As a musician, he really sucks. I agree with you. He sucks. In my humble opinion, he is a very poor example of just about everything except of what a drug addict should be.

He hasn't done drugs, or had an alcohol problem in a number of years..and the reason his voice got all raspy, he sounded incoherent, and had the shakes was not because of drug use - it was because he was diagnosed with Parkins Syndrome, and over-medicated by the doctor..

He's also one of the richest men in Rock & Roll history - drugs couldn't have taken that much of a toll on him, since he's still recording, and still raking in the bucks.. :)

He hasn't done drugs, or had an alcohol problem in a number of years..and the reason his voice got all raspy, he sounded incoherent, and had the shakes was not because of drug use - it was because he was diagnosed with Parkins Syndrome, and over-medicated by the doctor..

He's also one of the richest men in Rock & Roll history - drugs couldn't have taken that much of a toll on him, since he's still recording, and still raking in the bucks.. :)

It's amazing how he can't manage a normal word when he talks, but he can still sing.

And I was saying I only really liked the stuff he did with Black Label Society, had nothing to do with Zakk being his guitarist. Like I said, I like Zakk.

Ozzy's new stuff isn't great by any means but his old stuff was. I preferred his stuff when he was a member of Black Sabbath but maybe that's just me.

Not a big fan, but this song f'ing rocks:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbxfe7DMxVo]YouTube - Black Sabbath - War Pigs[/ame]

It's amazing how he can't manage a normal word when he talks, but he can still sing.

And I was saying I only really liked the stuff he did with Black Label Society, had nothing to do with Zakk being his guitarist. Like I said, I like Zakk.

The "stuff" he did with Black Label Society? :eusa_eh:

Wasn't it something like one or two songs?

Does 'stuff' have a specific connotative amount?

Yeah, the one or two songs he did was pretty much all I like of Ozzy. The point being, I like BLS, but I only like Ozzy when he's on one of their tracks. That's the only time I feel like hearing his voice adds value to a track.

Does that answer your question.

Yeah, the one or two songs he did was pretty much all I like of Ozzy. The point being, I like BLS, but I only like Ozzy when he's on one of their tracks. That's the only time I feel like hearing his voice adds value to a track.

Does that answer your question?

Partially.

What is your opinion of Black Sabbath with Ozzy?

Partially.

With the exception of maybe 5 tracks, one NOT being Crazy Train since I've just heard it too many times in my life to still like it, I'm not really a fan.

War Pigs is pretty good.

This reminds me, I hate Led Zepplin too.

Last edited:

Partially.

With the exception of maybe 5 tracks, one NOT being Crazy Train since I've just heard it too many times in my life to still like it, I'm not really a fan.

War Pigs is pretty good.

This reminds me, I hate Led Zepplin too.

Crazy Train is not Sabbath, it's Ozzy solo.

I'm beginning to suspect your opinion is not an educated one. Not that there's anything wrong with that, especially when it comes to accounting for taste.

A few of the better known Sabbath (with Ozzy) tunes include:

War Pigs (which you've mentioned)
Paranoid
Iron Man
Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
N.I.B. (probably my favorite Sabbath riff)
Tomorrow's Dream
The Wizard
Into the Void
Children of the Grave
Fairies wear boots
Symptom of the Universe
Sweet Leaf (i'm sure you know what that one is about ;))
After Forever
Lord of this World
Supernaut

"beginning to suspect", lol you crack me up dude. Not every single opinion on something requires 100% knowledge of the subject. If it hurts your feelings that I don't like Ozzy just say so for crying out loud :rolleyes:

"beginning to suspect", lol you crack me up dude. Not every single opinion on something requires 100% knowledge of the subject. If it hurts your feelings that I don't like Ozzy just say so for crying out loud :rolleyes:

:lol:

It doesn't hurt my feelings at all dude. I simply recognized a fundamental gap in your Black Sabbath musical knowledge that I tried to partially resolve. I really don't care if you love'em or hate'em to be honest. But considering the fact that they invented heavy metal, I figured you might be slightly interested.

Forum List

Back