I have a question about the 2nd amendment:

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
When it says a well regulated militia how come the U.S. government don't give us the "militia" free M-16's and the training to use them ? Like Switzerland- they give away free ammo and one in two Swiss owns a gun.I mean they give free Obama phones, food stamps and such that's not even an amendment or in the Bill of rights how come not free guns ?

The U.S. government should give it's citizens :

Free guns

Free ammo

And the training to use them.

Per the second amendment..

When it says a well regulated militia how come the U.S. government don't give us the "militia" free M-16's and the training to use them ? Like Switzerland- they give away free ammo and one in two Swiss owns a gun.I mean they give free Obama phones, food stamps and such that's not even an amendment or in the Bill of rights how come not free guns ?

Free guns

Free ammo

The militia has zero to do with the .gov.....and the .gov has zero to do with the militia.....

Free guns

Free ammo

The militia has zero to do with the .gov.....and the .gov has zero to do with the militia.....

Again it says a "well regulated militia" wich is us, so we should get free guns.

Free guns

Free ammo

Again it says a "well regulated militia" wich is us, so we should get free guns.

Camels nose under the tent......

Free guns

Free ammo

per the consitution it is up to the people to bring the military weapons

I don't like the idea of the Government giving out weapons. Sounds like an excuse to give firearms to adamant supporters, the kind that will turn them own their fellow citizens because the Fed orders it. We've already seen government agencies used to punish those with a different opinion.

Free guns

Free ammo

the government never supplied the guns for the militia

the people brought them from home or where ever they had them hid

as well as a knapsack ball and power

Free guns

Free ammo

Ok you got me on that one but that was before the 2nd amendment am I correct?

Free guns

Free ammo

I think the idea is to keep the government completely out of it. Not supplying weapons, and also not regulating them. The lilitia is whatever you need it to be. You and your family, your neighbors, town or state. Anything but the feds.

Free guns

Free ammo

Well the 2nd came from that for sure. I believe it was intended to keep the same option open for all of us.

Free guns

Free ammo

You might want to read Article 1, Section 8, Clause 16.

Article 1, Section 8, Clause 16

double_line.gif

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

Free guns

Free ammo

I had to Google that one, the revolution war was over in 1783 and the second amendment was made into law 1791

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. On December 15, 1791, the Bill of Rights (the first ten amendments to the Constitution) was adopted, having been ratified by three-fourths of the states.

The Second Amendment was put in place so that if the government became too oppressive the people could AGAIN overthrow it. In a nation of subsistence farmers (mainly) most people already had weapons, and the Founders wanted to make sure that later politicians were not able to take them away.

In Switzerland, military service is compulsory for some, and you are allowed to keep your sidearms after you are discharged. But you are not allowed to have any ammunition. Only the government has ammo.

Only criminals have ammunition.

Sound familiar?

Free guns

Free ammo

I had to Google that one, the revolution war was over in 1783 and the second amendment was made into law 1791

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. On December 15, 1791, the Bill of Rights (the first ten amendments to the Constitution) was adopted, having been ratified by three-fourths of the states.

So with those facts in mind how come us "militia" don't get free guns, ammo and training on how to use them from the U.S. government?

So with those facts in mind how come us "militia" don't get free guns, ammo and training on how to use them from the U.S. government?
Again, what does the militia have to do with the .gov?

The Second Amendment was put in place so that if the government became too oppressive the people could AGAIN overthrow it. In a nation of subsistence farmers (mainly) most people already had weapons, and the Founders wanted to make sure that later politicians were not able to take them away.

In Switzerland, military service is compulsory for some, and you are allowed to keep your sidearms after you are discharged. But you are not allowed to have any ammunition. Only the government has ammo.

Only criminals have ammunition.

Sound familiar?

I already read up on it before I posted my OP in Switzerland you can purchase your firearm if you choose after leaving the military.

A well regulated militia comes to mind, meaning the government should give us weapons to defend the U.S.A. if our military can't

A well regulated militia comes to mind, meaning the government should give us weapons to defend the U.S.A. if our military can't
Why? The militia has zero to do with the .gov......

Basic service rifles are contracted by the lowest bidder. I have better rifles in my closet than Uncle Sam issues our soldiers. No thanks. I'll buy my own.

Forum List

Back