I have a baby bird alone and weak in front of my door

Dalia

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2016
France
This morning I found at my door a little baby bird that was facing the wall and he was not moving.:(
I thought he was dead, but he moved a little bit.
I left the front door open and he came slowly to face the wall again.
I phoned my mother for advice because the poor little thing had been sick.
My mother said first give her a name she chose Fanny and after trying to give her water and breadcrumbs but she did not want to eat.
She stays face to the wall, I told her Fanny I'm going to take care of you so I took a piece of wet cotton-swab and I put it against her beak she took the water and she to drink.:)
I think she is gaining strength, and I put next to her crumbs of bread, she will not go Inside my home she is between two doors, I do not want to put it out because there are cats.

Do you have any advice to give me for the sake of this baby bird ?

You have to take it in and care for it. Feed it dog food. Keep it in a big box.

Canned dog food with a nail file. I raised a bird, a Jay tore apart their nest and killed all its siblings.

call the aspca-------my mom tried to nurse injured baby birds
(the nest fell out of the tree) ----the vet said if she does not feed them chewed up worms, they will die. She fed them wheat germ mixed with milk------they died

Alpo, a nail file, and a big box. Give it something to perch on in the big box.

1 cubic yard box.

Canned dog food with a nail file. I raised a bird, a Jay tore apart their nest and killed all its siblings.
Thank you ,Marion Morrison but I have no dog food can I give it anything else?
Right now, I give her some small pieces of wet bread but she still has not eaten

(the nest fell out of the tree) ----the vet said if she does not feed them chewed up worms, they will die. She fed them wheat germ mixed with milk------they died

ASPCA is crap. Don't waste the time.

Right now, I give her some small pieces of wet bread but she still has not eaten

Milk from a syringe. Really birds can thrive on dog food. (wet) Get some. 2 cans of Alpo can probably sustain it until it's ready to go free.

Okay, thank you I will take your advice but here in France everything is closed on Sunday you believe that the baby can hold until tomorrow morning if I can not contact the help?

Okay, thank you I will take your advice but here in France everything is closed on Sunday you believe that the baby can hold until tomorrow morning if I can not contact the help?

The first part of "ASPCA" stands for "American". You're in France, and they're bullshit anyways.

All they do is take in donations. Try to find some canned dog food.

Milk from a syringe. Really birds can thrive on dog food. (wet) Get some. 2 cans of Alpo can probably sustain it until it's ready to go free.
I will regularly give her a little water, she seems to regain strength.
I will give her milk on my cotton-swab everything close on Sunday i will have to ask a neighbour for dog food.

I have no idea--------I just related a childhood memory.

Water the grass and go nightcrawler hunting or dig and find earth worms.

Okay, you can listen to asshats who have never successfully raised a bird, or me, who has. That's your decision.

You do need to give it some nutrition. Baby Formula wouldn't be too bad. Birds have a high metabolism.

I have a horror of his things, I'll ask my neighbor for food

Okay, you can listen to asshats who have never successfully raised a bird, or me, who has. That's your decision.

You do need to give it some nutrition. Baby Formula wouldn't be too bad. Birds have a high metabolism.
I listen too you, i will ask for dog food i just when see her i put her in box like you said and i did give her milk

I have a horror of his things, I'll ask my neighbor for food

Yes then ask a neighbor to get you some worms, keep them in a can, with holes punched in, with dirt.

Do not give it wet bread, pls. Maybe if with milk. The bread might could choke it.
She does not want food with milk, I try a little really small, she did not want to take it.
I go see her again, the poor thing i just want to save her

They need protein....so try buying some canned dog food.
No milk. It may get better for a day or two, but dairy products won't work.

Forum List

Back