I had no idea

Beck was pointing out that the Congressman who was comparing the tactics of the Repubs to that of the Nazi's in WWII.
He showed that the Nazis were using the tactics of the progressives of the early 1900's (i.e. Edward Bernays book Propaganda)
Goebells was a big fan of Edward Bernays

Oh, and you re wrong about the pink triangle. They did use it in defiance of the Nazis.
And yes the Nazis used the swastika after other cultures did as well.... whats your point?

Beck evokes Godwin's Law.
Not at all...He points out that the Nazis stole from American progressives, not the other way around.

:lol: :cuckoo:

Unlike Naggie, I did a rather quick web search and got the facts of Beck's position.

Glenn Beck SAYS a lot of stuff. You're just gullible.

Beck’s heartfelt evangelism was pure hypocrisy. “We’re dividing ourselves...There is growing hatred in the country. We must be better than what we’ve allowed ourselves to become. We must get the poison of hatred out of us, no matter what smears or lies are thrown our way… we must look to God and look to love. We must defend those we disagree with.”

img-mg---glenn-beck-rally-8_130236168789.jpg

Has Glenn Beck ever watched The Glenn Beck Show?

Glenn Beck SAYS a lot of stuff. You're just gullible.

Beck’s heartfelt evangelism was pure hypocrisy. “We’re dividing ourselves...There is growing hatred in the country. We must be better than what we’ve allowed ourselves to become. We must get the poison of hatred out of us, no matter what smears or lies are thrown our way… we must look to God and look to love. We must defend those we disagree with.”

Has Glenn Beck ever watched The Glenn Beck Show?

Im still waiting for you and Geaux (rhymes with bleaux) to prove him wrong :confused:

Beck evokes Godwin's Law.
Not at all...He points out that the Nazis stole from American progressives, not the other way around.

This could be a radically shocking notion, but American progressives didn't come up with the concept of propaganda.

Edward Bernays was a progressive....you can deny it all ya want. That wont make you correct.

Edward Bernays - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Edward Louis Bernays (November 22, 1891 – March 9, 1995), was an American pioneer in the field of public relations and propaganda along with Ivy Lee, referred to in his obituary as "the father of public relations" :rolleyes: .[1] Combining the ideas of Gustave Le Bon and Wilfred Trotter on crowd psychology with the psychoanalytical ideas of his uncle, Dr. Sigmund Freud, Bernays was one of the first to attempt to manipulate public opinion using the subconscious.

He felt this manipulation was necessary in society, which he regarded as irrational and dangerous as a result of the 'herd instinct' that Trotter had described.[citation needed] Adam Curtis's award-winning 2002 documentary for the BBC, The Century of the Self, pinpoints Bernays as the originator of modern public relations, and Bernays was named one of the 100 most influential Americans of the 20th century by Life magazine.[2]

Propaganda by Edward Bernays (1928)

All the new day progressives have done is renamed "propaganda". It is now called "public ralations" :rolleyes:

You know.....if you think about it, which party is the most gay unfriendly, doesn't like others who don't think like themselves as well as have a FAR RIGHT agenda?

That's right......the GOP, which is nothing more than a bunch of fascists anyway.

You know.....if you think about it, which party is the most gay unfriendly, doesn't like others who don't think like themselves as well as have a FAR RIGHT agenda?

That's right......the GOP, which is nothing more than a bunch of fascists anyway.

How did this thread turn into a hate fest on the GOP?

All I really wanted to do is share something I truly found interesting. :confused:

Anyways, carry on I guess.

Forum List

Back