I had no idea

The Infidel

EVIL CONSERVATIVE
May 19, 2010
AMERITOPIA
I had been watching Glenn Beck lastnite and I learned something quite interesting.
He was explaining how propaganda was used by progressives here in America. Then used by Paul Joseph Goebbels from 1933 to 1945.
Take a look at Edward Bernays book Propaganda (1928) a book that was used by the Nazi’s to control and manipulate the German people.
During the course of the show… close to the end, he made a point to prove his case that you should never silence the voices of dissent, because it will always end badly.
He showed this image and asked if we knew where it originated… I had no idea, and frankly never really cared. Even though my mom is a lesbian, and I don’t think she even knows, I never cared to look it up. I always just thought it was a way for them (gays & lesbians) to separate themselves from the rest of society.
silence_equals_death.gif

Glenn then went on to explain the symbol…

It was used by the Nazi’s as a way to label the prisoners… it was an upside down pink triangle. They had to wear it just like the Jews wore a yellow Jewish star.

So I then went and looked at the symbols the Nazi’s used to categorize their prisoners and I was astonished and sickened by it….

420px-German_concentration_camp_chart_of_prisoner_markings.jpg

Here in English:

2.jpg

There were:

Political enemies (wow) – red triangle

Habitual criminals – Green triangle

Imigrants (foreign slaves) – blue triangle

Jehovahs witnesses (I had no idea) – purple trianlgle

Gay males – pink triangle

Antisocials (whatever that means) – black triangle

There were also male and female “race defiers” (wtf?)

What a sad part of human history.

Anyways, I just thought some of you folks might find this as interesting and enlightening as I did.

I had been watching Glenn Beck lastnite and I learned something quite interesting.
He was explaining how propaganda was used by progressives here in America. Then used by Paul Joseph Goebbels from 1933 to 1945.
Take a look at Edward Bernays book Propaganda (1928) a book that was used by the Nazi’s to control and manipulate the German people.
During the course of the show… close to the end, he made a point to prove his case that you should never silence the voices of dissent, because it will always end badly.
He showed this image and asked if we knew where it originated… I had no idea, and frankly never really cared. Even though my mom is a lesbian, and I don’t think she even knows, I never cared to look it up. I always just thought it was a way for them (gays & lesbians) to separate themselves from the rest of society.
silence_equals_death.gif

It was used by the Nazi’s as a way to label the prisoners… it was an upside down pink triangle. They had to wear it just like the Jews wore a yellow Jewish star.

So I then went and looked at the symbols the Nazi’s used to categorize their prisoners and I was astonished and sickened by it….

420px-German_concentration_camp_chart_of_prisoner_markings.jpg

Here in English:

2.jpg

There were:

Political enemies (wow) – red triangle

Habitual criminals – Green triangle

Imigrants (foreign slaves) – blue triangle

Jehovahs witnesses (I had no idea) – purple trianlgle

Gay males – pink triangle

Antisocials (whatever that means) – black triangle

There were also male and female “race defiers” (wtf?)

What a sad part of human history.

Anyways, I just thought some of you folks might find this as interesting and enlightening as I did.

Once again, the subject was never about SILENCING dissent or divisive opinions. Since the Tucson incident, which exacerbated an already heated topic, there has been a mutual hope from everyone that the tone of debate at least begin to carry a modicum of civility to it. No one said one "side" or the other should be "silenced" from dissention completely, which is what Glenn Beck implies.

And the Zeig Heil salute during the pledge of allegance?

One can find many similarities between Nazi Germany and the USA if they look for them and expect to find them.

Last edited:
silence_equals_death.gif

Posted, I presume to oppose mine,

http://www.usmessageboard.com/media/151746-bizarro-beck-5.html

in order to show that kinder, gentler "Christian" side of Glenn Beck. Unfortunately, he's already had a field day once or twice mocking Barney Frank. He remains a phony and a hypocrite to me.

in order to show that kinder, gentler "Christian" side of Glenn Beck. Unfortunately, he's already had a field day once or twice mocking Barney Frank. He remains a phony and a hypocrite to me.

Dont flatter yourself.

(look at the timelines, we were posting along about the same time - Jeez - )

I was simply watching his show and this was mentioned along with his topic of the evening.

I posted the symbols because as the title of the thread *implies* "I had no idea" about the symbols.
I thought some folks here might find it interesting and instead all I get is you trolling my posts.

Get a life :cuckoo:

Last edited:
Beck is equating American political discourse with Goebbels?

God that guy is a total douche bag.

Somehow I think the "pink triangle" as a symbol selected by homosexuals is as coincidental with Naziism as the fact that the swastika was used by Native Americans and eastern cultures as a symbol of luck long before Hitler adapted it.

The division's original shoulder sleeve insignia featured a left-facing swastika,[7] a common Native American symbol, as a tribute to the south-western United States region which had a large population of Native Americans.[2] However, with the rise of the Nazi party in Germany, with its famous right-facing swastika symbol, the 45th Division stopped using the insignia. A new shoulder sleeve insignia featuring the Thunderbird, another Native American symbol, was approved in 1939.[2]

45th Infantry Division (United States) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yep, I thought about leaving the "Beck" angle out of my post, but then that would not have been honest. I never thought to even ask where it came from until I saw it on his show.
One thing for sure... it brought the trolls out of the dark places :eusa_eh:

I asked my mom if she knew lastnight when I spoke to her, and to my surprise she knew.
Guess I should have asked before now :confused:

Why would anyone listen to Beck for historical accuracy anyway?

Remember the 10 dollar slave tax? Beck thought it was for all immigrants coming to this country.

Somehow I think the "pink triangle" as a symbol selected by homosexuals is as coincidental with Naziism as the fact that the swastika was used by Native Americans and eastern cultures as a symbol of luck long before Hitler adapted it.

Beck was pointing out that the Congressman who was comparing the tactics of the Repubs to that of the Nazi's in WWII.
He showed that the Nazis were using the tactics of the progressives of the early 1900's (i.e. Edward Bernays book Propaganda)
Goebells was a big fan of Edward Bernays

Oh, and you re wrong about the pink triangle. They did use it in defiance of the Nazis.
And yes the Nazis used the swastika after other cultures did as well.... whats your point?

Beck was pointing out that the Congressman who was comparing the tactics of the Repubs to that of the Nazi's in WWII.
He showed that the Nazis were using the tactics of the progressives of the early 1900's (i.e. Edward Bernays book Propaganda)

Oh, and you re wrong about the pink triangle. They did use it in defiance of the Nazis.
And yes the Nazis used the swastika after other cultures did as well.... whats your point?

Beck evokes Godwin's Law.

My point? A triangle is a triangle.

Not at all...He points out that the Nazis stole from American progressives, not the other way around.

Not at all...He points out that the Nazis stole from American progressives, not the other way around.

This could be a radically shocking notion, but American progressives didn't come up with the concept of propaganda.

Dont flatter yourself.

(look at the timelines, we were posting along about the same time - Jeez - )

I was simply watching his show and this was mentioned along with his topic of the evening.

I posted the symbols because as the title of the thread *implies* "I had no idea" about the symbols.
I thought some folks here might find it interesting and instead all I get is you trolling my posts.

Get a life :cuckoo:

Uh, don't flatter yourself.

My point? A triangle is a triangle.

As in Infidel's avatar? Complete with rainbow. Maybe he didn't realize...

Forum List

Back