I feel used up’: Carrier workers aren’t happy about losing jobs after Trump’s ‘deal

I don't get it. Carrier isn't moving to Mexico and maybe Trump saved 800 jobs rather than 1400 and Carrier is getting a hefty tax break. Is the NY Times editorial complaining that Trump "only" saved 800 jobs instead of 1400?
Trump didn't save any jobs, it was the state tax breaks that kept some jobs in the US. Of course there are other Carrier plants that Trump conveniently never mentioned, and those jobs are also going to Mexico
So with your logic Trump didn't do anything. So what are you complaining about?
Thats the problem, we have a president who does nothing, blames everyone else for his screw ups and takes credit for everything he didn't do
Obama did the same. Lol

Fifty-six-year-old Jim Shalle doesn’t want to complain but things aren’t going well, The New York Times reported.

“I’m a routine guy, and I’m not boohooing,” he said. “But I feel used up.”

Unfortunately, Jim isn’t alone. His colleague Pat is still working for Carrier but with production ending just after Christmas, she knows her days are numbered. She’s been with the company for 40 years after graduating from high school, as did her daughter, who is now 33 years old.

“I loved my job,” she said. “It’s all I’ve ever known.”

While then-Gov. Mike Pence bribed Carrier with a hefty tax break deal, instead of 1400 jobs heading to Mexico — that number is more like 800. Both Jim and Pat thought they’d be OK, but the plant in Huntington wasn’t part of the deal. The so-called “buy American” mandate and federal infrastructure projects Trump has promised also wouldn’t do anything to help.
Report Advertisement
While then-Gov. Mike Pence bribed Carrier with a hefty tax break deal, instead of 1400 jobs heading to Mexico — that number is more like 800. Both Jim and Pat thought they’d be OK, but the plant in Huntington wasn’t part of the deal.
Let them live and be unemployed with their "make America great again" vote...
Next up they'll be bitching about their disappearing Obamacare that they thought the traitor in chief would never "really" get rid of...

I don't get it. Carrier isn't moving to Mexico and maybe Trump saved 800 jobs rather than 1400 and Carrier is getting a hefty tax break. Is the NY Times editorial complaining that Trump "only" saved 800 jobs instead of 1400?
Trump didn't save any jobs, it was the state tax breaks that kept some jobs in the US. Of course there are other Carrier plants that Trump conveniently never mentioned, and those jobs are also going to Mexico
So with your logic Trump didn't do anything. So what are you complaining about?
Thats the problem, we have a president who does nothing, blames everyone else for his screw ups and takes credit for everything he didn't do
Ironic post of the day.

Also blatantly stupid, so I'm putting this asshat on ignore. What a waste of skin.

Forum List

Back