I feel used up’: Carrier workers aren’t happy about losing jobs after Trump’s ‘deal

brummelben

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2016
Fifty-six-year-old Jim Shalle doesn’t want to complain but things aren’t going well, The New York Times reported.

“I’m a routine guy, and I’m not boohooing,” he said. “But I feel used up.”

Unfortunately, Jim isn’t alone. His colleague Pat is still working for Carrier but with production ending just after Christmas, she knows her days are numbered. She’s been with the company for 40 years after graduating from high school, as did her daughter, who is now 33 years old.

“I loved my job,” she said. “It’s all I’ve ever known.”

While then-Gov. Mike Pence bribed Carrier with a hefty tax break deal, instead of 1400 jobs heading to Mexico — that number is more like 800. Both Jim and Pat thought they’d be OK, but the plant in Huntington wasn’t part of the deal. The so-called “buy American” mandate and federal infrastructure projects Trump has promised also wouldn’t do anything to help.
Report Advertisement
While then-Gov. Mike Pence bribed Carrier with a hefty tax break deal, instead of 1400 jobs heading to Mexico — that number is more like 800. Both Jim and Pat thought they’d be OK, but the plant in Huntington wasn’t part of the deal.

• Banned
Fifty-six-year-old Jim Shalle doesn’t want to complain but things aren’t going well, The New York Times reported.

Unfortunately, Jim isn’t alone. His colleague Pat is still working for Carrier but with production ending just after Christmas, she knows her days are numbered. She’s been with the company for 40 years after graduating from high school, as did her daughter, who is now 33 years old.

While then-Gov. Mike Pence bribed Carrier with a hefty tax break deal, instead of 1400 jobs heading to Mexico — that number is more like 800. Both Jim and Pat thought they’d be OK, but the plant in Huntington wasn’t part of the deal. The so-called “buy American” mandate and federal infrastructure projects Trump has promised also wouldn’t do anything to help.
Report Advertisement
While then-Gov. Mike Pence bribed Carrier with a hefty tax break deal, instead of 1400 jobs heading to Mexico — that number is more like 800. Both Jim and Pat thought they’d be OK, but the plant in Huntington wasn’t part of the deal.
Chalk up one more in a long series of Trump failures

I don't get it. Carrier isn't moving to Mexico and maybe Trump saved 800 jobs rather than 1400 and Carrier is getting a hefty tax break. Is the NY Times editorial complaining that Trump "only" saved 800 jobs instead of 1400? How many jobs did Obama save with the laughable "cash for clunkers bill". After a hefty tax break Solyndra took the money and filed for bankruptcy.

• Banned
I don't get it. Carrier isn't moving to Mexico and maybe Trump saved 800 jobs rather than 1400 and Carrier is getting a hefty tax break. Is the NY Times editorial complaining that Trump "only" saved 800 jobs instead of 1400?
Trump didn't save any jobs, it was the state tax breaks that kept some jobs in the US. Of course there are other Carrier plants that Trump conveniently never mentioned, and those jobs are also going to Mexico

He didn't save any jobs. Carrier is using the money they got from the tax break for automation. Once that is completed, the remaining workers will be let go.

• Banned
He didn't save any jobs. Carrier is using the money they got from the tax break for automation. Once that is completed, the remaining workers will be let go.
Just exactly what the right wingers want. The faster they can destroy this country, the better. Then they can rebuild in their own image

I don't get it. Carrier isn't moving to Mexico and maybe Trump saved 800 jobs rather than 1400 and Carrier is getting a hefty tax break. Is the NY Times editorial complaining that Trump "only" saved 800 jobs instead of 1400? How many jobs did Obama save with the laughable "cash for clunkers bill". After a hefty tax break Solyndra took the money and filed for bankruptcy.
The complaint is that he had campaigned on the promise that any business trying to export jobs would be taxed sooooo heavily on incoming products, that it wouldn't be beneficial for them to export said jobs. I thought this was a halfway decent idea. Instead, he did the opposite and started offering HUGE tax breaks begging them to stay. For one, this is only perpetuating the problem of corporate welfare. For two, he taught every other company how to receive huge tax break- threaten to export jobs. For three, trump, in normal trump fashion boasted about saving about twice the amount of jobs that were actually saved. So imagine thinking that your job was saved, then being fired.

In office less than 100 days, out of a 1408 day term. Lol
The complaint is that he had campaigned on the promise that any business trying to export jobs would be taxed sooooo heavily on incoming products, that it wouldn't be beneficial for them to export said jobs. I thought this was a halfway decent idea. Instead, he did the opposite and started offering HUGE tax breaks begging them to stay. For one, this is only perpetuating the problem of corporate welfare. For two, he taught every other company how to receive huge tax break- threaten to export jobs. For three, trump, in normal trump fashion boasted about saving about twice the amount of jobs that were actually saved. So imagine thinking that your job was saved, then being fired.

• Banned
Not a single legislative accomplishment in the first 100 day. A record!

What does the duration of time have to do with him being a total flop? You think he'll learn as he goes? Hate to break it to you but he can't even read.

Actually 28 bills have been passed.

Following Alinsky rules, I see...you were taught well, but are as transparent as hell.
What does the duration of time have to do with him being a total flop? You think he'll learn as he goes? Hate to break it to you but he can't even read.

What does Congress have to do with Trump failure?

What Trump failure? They couldn't save all the jobs because parts of production moving was already in the works. Obama did nothing for them and Trump helped negotiate a good portion of jobs staying. You don't like it and it's tough shit.

What Trump failure? They couldn't save all the jobs because parts of production moving was already in the works. Obama did nothing for them and Trump helped negotiate a good portion of jobs staying. You don't like it and it's tough shit.
Trump did nothing asshole, it was the governor of Indiana who produced the tax breaks needed

You used the term. Do I need to explain what legislative means to you...

26 new libraries have been named

Report Advertisement
So he saved jobs.

Awesome, Trump ROCKS!!

hahahahhahahaha

You are a dolt.

You wish...

Forum List

Back