Bernie Sanders: Clear To Everyone "That The Model Of The Democratic Party Is Failing"

toomuchtime_

Gold Member
Dec 29, 2008
SEN. BERNIE SANDERS (I), VERMONT: Well, I think what is clear to anyone who looks at where the Democratic Party today is, that the model of the Democratic Party is failing.

We have a Republican president who ran as a candidate as the most unpopular candidate in modern history of this country. Republicans control the House, the Senate, two-thirds of governor's chairs. And in the last eight years, they have picked up 900 legislative seats.

Clearly, the Democratic Party has got to change. And, in my view, what it has got to become is a grassroots party, a party which makes decisions from the bottom on up, a party which is more dependent on small donations than large donations, a party, John, that speaks to the pain of the working class in this country.

Bernie Sanders: Clear To Everyone "That The Model Of The Democratic Party Is Failing"

What will Sanders call his new political party?

SEN. BERNIE SANDERS (I), VERMONT: Well, I think what is clear to anyone who looks at where the Democratic Party today is, that the model of the Democratic Party is failing.

We have a Republican president who ran as a candidate as the most unpopular candidate in modern history of this country. Republicans control the House, the Senate, two-thirds of governor's chairs. And in the last eight years, they have picked up 900 legislative seats.

Clearly, the Democratic Party has got to change. And, in my view, what it has got to become is a grassroots party, a party which makes decisions from the bottom on up, a party which is more dependent on small donations than large donations, a party, John, that speaks to the pain of the working class in this country.

The party was FINE until the Regressive Left mutants took it over.

Marginalize them and the party will be fine again.

Sanders is no different from any other Democrat regressive.

He's right. The exclusion of White working class voters was felt at the ballot boxes.

I can't wait for this cage match to begin, moderate Dem's vs Sanders vs Clintons vs Obamas. If Dem's lose again in 2018 all hell is going to break loose. :popcorn:

I agree...racism, violence and hate, the core of the democrat party.....is no way to run a party.......

Forum List

Back