I Don't Know a Single Person On This Earth Any More.

I don't have any grandkids.....My kids just don't want any....

I just caught this. I'm in another location right now.

The article attracted my attention because I visit an old man in a care home. And he is totally alone; wife died, no children or siblings.

Had an interesting life in Canada and New Zealand.

And I wonder: is this all there is?
6df.gif
Everyone's going to die.

Funny, the only people the Republicans want to keep from dying are the fetus. After they are born, the GOP quickly loses interest. Unless it comes to paying for school lunches or education or healthcare. It's then the Republicans wouldn't mind if they died quickly.

Too many elderly people have no real relationship with their grandchildren. They are completely alone.

I couldn’t get him out of my mind. He woke me up at 2 a.m. and I paced the room, blew my nose and stared into my bathroom mirror studying my own aging features. He wasn’t my patient.

He belonged to my emergency physician colleague, Dr. Brian Thomas Fletcher, who posted the case for some of us to read. It simply stated, “Saddest case ever.”

95-year-old male comes in for suicidal ideation. When asked why, he said, “My last friend died last week. I don’t know one single person on this earth anymore. Not one.” :(

My heart stopped when I read it, pausing a few beats perhaps, but I’m fairly certain it stopped. Now the words woke me up.

I tilted my head under the faucet and took a long drink and laid back down. I didn’t take care of him but I could see him. Thin, balding in a shirt and slacks that once covered a robust six-foot frame now five-nine, a face etched by more than 34,000 sunrises that perhaps saw the decks of a destroyer, or the inside of a bomber somewhere over the Pacific or Italy. His silver, wire-rimmed frames magnify eyes with wrinkles that held tears for perhaps the first time in years, the last being when he buried his wife.

I Don't Know a Single Person on this Earth Anymore
Perhaps that's why Republicans have no problem cutting Social Security, Medicare and wouldn't mind seeing the elderly end up homeless..........or dead.

I didn't want to politicise the human condition.

I don't have any grandkids.....My kids just don't want any....

I just caught this. I'm in another location right now.

The article attracted my attention because I visit an old man in a care home. And he is totally alone; wife died, no children or siblings.

Had an interesting life in Canada and New Zealand.

And I wonder: is this all there is?
6df.gif
Everyone's going to die.

Funny, the only people the Republicans want to keep from dying are the fetus. After they are born, the GOP quickly loses interest. Unless it comes to paying for school lunches or education or healthcare. It's then the Republicans wouldn't mind if they died quickly.
No, the repubs want abortion also,, when in power they act like they forgot the issue...Just like the debt... All political ploys for votes...

Too many elderly people have no real relationship with their grandchildren. They are completely alone.

I couldn’t get him out of my mind. He woke me up at 2 a.m. and I paced the room, blew my nose and stared into my bathroom mirror studying my own aging features. He wasn’t my patient.

He belonged to my emergency physician colleague, Dr. Brian Thomas Fletcher, who posted the case for some of us to read. It simply stated, “Saddest case ever.”

95-year-old male comes in for suicidal ideation. When asked why, he said, “My last friend died last week. I don’t know one single person on this earth anymore. Not one.” :(

My heart stopped when I read it, pausing a few beats perhaps, but I’m fairly certain it stopped. Now the words woke me up.

I tilted my head under the faucet and took a long drink and laid back down. I didn’t take care of him but I could see him. Thin, balding in a shirt and slacks that once covered a robust six-foot frame now five-nine, a face etched by more than 34,000 sunrises that perhaps saw the decks of a destroyer, or the inside of a bomber somewhere over the Pacific or Italy. His silver, wire-rimmed frames magnify eyes with wrinkles that held tears for perhaps the first time in years, the last being when he buried his wife.

Perhaps that's why Republicans have no problem cutting Social Security, Medicare and wouldn't mind seeing the elderly end up homeless..........or dead.

Yet there it is...

Yet there it is...

Societies in the southern Euro countries; one sees old and young mingling with each other.

The thought of putting one's mother in a home is unthinkable.

And then there's the Japanese culture with regard to the elderly.

Yet there it is...

Societies in the southern Euro countries; one sees old and young mingling with each other.

The thought of putting one's mother in a home is unthinkable.

And then there's the Japanese culture with regard to the elderly.
In my family the elderly stay at home and the family unit takes care of them....Currently today I have to go troubleshoot my Ma in law's stove, she is 90 and my wife lives with her to keep Arkansas from forcing her into a retirement home because she was living alone....Yeah these so called freedom loving states forces people to do that which they don't wish....

Unfortunately the GOP has politicized it when they went after Healthcare and are setting their sights on Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid. Cut veterans benefits, block veterans jobs training and went after school lunches and daycare and healthcare for poor children.

That's the current reality. The Republicans do something truly awful and their base either blames it on Democrats, Obama or say they don't want to talk about it.

Unfortunately the GOP has politicized it when they went after Healthcare and are setting their sights on Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid. Cut veterans benefits, block veterans jobs training and went after school lunches and daycare and healthcare for poor children.

That's the current reality. The Republicans do something truly awful and their base either blames it on Democrats, Obama or say they don't want to talk about it.

As far as I am concerned, this is another discussion.

Forum List

Back