I dOnt AccEpT

Powerman said:
Well times were different then. Women were treated as objects and second class citizens. Hell that started in Genesis. Woman was just supposed to be a helper for man. They didn't waste anytime justifying sexism in the Bible that's for sure.

But as far as the multiple wife thing I don't think there would be much nagging. I think what would happen is the "wife" would know her role and speak when spoken to. It's not like today when men and women are essentially equal partners in the relationship. Women acted and treated like they were inferior to the men. That's just how things were then.

My, my, my Powerman. For one of the two smartest guys in the world, you sure can put a lot of stupid things in one post.

Calling someone a "help mate" doesnt make them inferior. Plus God said Adam was lonely, so he created Eve for the purpose that they would give each other company, that is an EQUAL partnership.

The multiple wives thing you are harping on wasnt restricted to the Jews, but you only attack the Biblical versions. As for anyone going to Hell, I thought you had read the Bible before? Isnt the ONLY unforgivable sin "blasphemy"? and not having multiple wives?

Anyways, Im not even sure why the multiple wives thing is being harped upon. The problem is the guy is a pedophile. PEDOPHILE.

theHawk said:
But I do agree the titles of threads should not be changed. It makes it look like you wrote that and that is wrong.

Great sig Hawk.! Can people be repped for sigs?

Thats funny too, because by definition, the conclusion (as usual) by the DU poster is wrong. Using the bell curve, it would be required that most of the people would land in the middle, not the bottom 20%

plus it just goes to show how elitist they really are. DU is full of liberals claiming conservatives dont like freedom of speech, and how they support it, yet they can post such stupid lies and diatribes, yet if you simply posted that you think a fetus should not be able to be aborted,,,,,,,,,BANNED!!

Arabian said:
so it was a cuture and traditions in these days,,, girl can get married in young age,, in this age she is mature enough,, if we compared, they lived in hard taugh invironment in desert ,, if we compared it with girls now it will be totally different ,, or what is your opinion,,,

and part me :$ how many girl in USA get rapped from their father or nonymas
in small age,, really its disaster everyone should work hard to stop it
may allah help you to stop such things and show them th eright way

So,,,,, your claim is that since there are pedophiles in the US, its ok for mohammed "the madman" to be one? In that case, he could also murder, torture and rape people, since that exists in virtually every culture that ever existed.

And I would like to see some proof that marrying 6 year olds, and having sex with 9 year olds is normal in that culture. In fact, the article says IT WAS UNUSUAL.

When I called mohammed "the madman" a pedophile, I was asked to produce proof, which I did, so now you need to provide proof of your claim, that it was just a normal cultural thing to do, marry 6 year olds.

and you are trying to claim she was mature enough at SIX YEARS OLD???

PROOF PLEASE!!! The default assumption would be she wasnt, so by claiming she was, you need to provide proof. But of course to liberals, just possibilites that would support their posistions is proof enough.

LuvRPgrl said:
So,,,,, your claim is that since there are pedophiles in the US, its ok for mohammed "the madman" to be one? In that case, he could also murder, torture and rape people, since that exists in virtually every culture that ever existed.

And I would like to see some proof that marrying 6 year olds, and having sex with 9 year olds is normal in that culture. In fact, the article says IT WAS UNUSUAL.

When I called mohammed "the madman" a pedophile, I was asked to produce proof, which I did, so now you need to provide proof of your claim, that it was just a normal cultural thing to do, marry 6 year olds.

and you are trying to claim she was mature enough at SIX YEARS OLD???

PROOF PLEASE!!! The default assumption would be she wasnt, so by claiming she was, you need to provide proof. But of course to liberals, just possibilites that would support their posistions is proof enough.

In Middle Eastern cultures, obviously, arranged marriages are common. The word "married" and the word "betrothed" often cause confusion bc the customs are different in our culture.

In Western culture, as I'm sure you know, A man and a woman generally wait until after the age of consent to even think of marriage, bc they are largely in charge of choosing their spouses. Couples consummate marriage with sexual intercourse almost immediately after the marriage ceremony.

In Eastern culture, engagement (betrothal) is taken much more seriously, from a legal standpoint. And the couple, at least the female, has little or no say in the intended spouse. Once betrothed, they are considered to be married, although they are not supposed to consummate the marriage until the female has reached physical maturity, or when she starts her period.

Many girls do start to menstruate at the age of 9. My 9 yo daughter has 2 girls in her class who have started their periods already. Although, physical maturity is a whole different subject than emotional maturity. And even if a young girl has started her period, this doesn't mean that her body is ready to begin bearing children. Many teen births are considered risky bc the girl's hips have not widened sufficiently, and the baby runs the risk of being caught behind the pelvic bone. So, it seems much better to wait at least until the late teens for marriage/sex/childbearing.

Too bad those cultures don't place more emphasis on love when deciding on spouses. It would definitely be very creepy to be a young girl married to a middle-aged guy.

mom4 said:
In Middle Eastern cultures, obviously, arranged marriages are common. The word "married" and the word "betrothed" often cause confusion bc the customs are different in our culture.

In Western culture, as I'm sure you know, A man and a woman generally wait until after the age of consent to even think of marriage, bc they are largely in charge of choosing their spouses. Couples consummate marriage with sexual intercourse almost immediately after the marriage ceremony.

In Eastern culture, engagement (betrothal) is taken much more seriously, from a legal standpoint. And the couple, at least the female, has little or no say in the intended spouse. Once betrothed, they are considered to be married, although they are not supposed to consummate the marriage until the female has reached physical maturity, or when she starts her period.

Many girls do start to menstruate at the age of 9. My 9 yo daughter has 2 girls in her class who have started their periods already. Although, physical maturity is a whole different subject than emotional maturity. And even if a young girl has started her period, this doesn't mean that her body is ready to begin bearing children. Many teen births are considered risky bc the girl's hips have not widened sufficiently, and the baby runs the risk of being caught behind the pelvic bone. So, it seems much better to wait at least until the late teens for marriage/sex/childbearing.

Too bad those cultures don't place more emphasis on love when deciding on spouses. It would definitely be very creepy to be a young girl married to a middle-aged guy.

A nine year old couldnt even give me an erection. No breasts, or anything else that my wife has that is sexy and sensuous to me. I dont think any guy can get aroused by a nine year old unless, he is a pedophile.

LuvRPgrl said:
A nine year old couldnt even give me an erection. No breasts, or anything else that my wife has that is sexy and sensuous to me. I dont think any guy can get aroused by a nine year old unless, he is a pedophile.
true

mom4 said:
Where does it say there is no problem with multiple wives? There are many examples of men having problems because they have multiple wives/concubines.

In fact, Abraham was told he would have children. The Biblical standard was to have a child through your wife, but his wife was barren and he didn't have faith, so he followed a local custom and slept with his handmaiden, Hagar, producing a son, Ishmael, who became the father of the Arab race. Then he had the son God was talking about, Isaac, by his wife, Sarah. The consequences of taking a concubine have lived through to the present day, as the sons of Abraham have truly perfected the art of killing each other.

Hobbit said:
In fact, Abraham was told he would have children. The Biblical standard was to have a child through your wife, but his wife was barren and he didn't have faith, so he followed a local custom and slept with his handmaiden, Hagar, producing a son, Ishmael, who became the father of the Arab race. Then he had the son God was talking about, Isaac, by his wife, Sarah. The consequences of taking a concubine have lived through to the present day, as the sons of Abraham have truly perfected the art of killing each other.
Amen, brotha.

Forum List

Back