1st i wanna Apology if i hurted anyone with my words,, but i swear by Allah
i didnt mean it ,, i was trying to show reality ,,
so i hope those i hurted or was taugh with them to accept my appology,,,,
but all what i said was true and i didnt lie,,,
2nd i do not accept the changing of the main article human rights,, to
cristianity VS Islam,,,
cause its not ,,
Islam do believe in Christianity,, its not Christianity VS islam
they are not in Contrary both of THem allah sent them as a message to their messengers to spread them ,, but people add and elliminate some to/from the Gospel,,
anyway i dont accept this change in articles
http://www3.sympatico.ca/shabir.ally/new_page_24.htm

Christians Unaware

The Christian does not know that the true spirit of charity which the Muslim displays, always, towards Jesus and his mother Mary spring from the fountainhead of his faith - the Holy Quran. He does not know that the Muslim does not take the holy name of Jesus, in his own language, without saying Eesa, alaihi assalam ("Jesus, peace be upon him")

The Christian does not know that in the Holy Quran Jesus is mentioned twenty five times. For example:

"We gave Jesus, the son of Mary, clear signs and strengthened him with the Holy Spirit" (The Holy Quran 2:87)

"O Mary! God giveth thee glad tidings of a Word from Him: his name will be Christ Jesus, the son of Mary..." (3:45)

"...Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) an apostle of god..." (4:171)

"...And in their foot steps we sent Jesus the son of Mary..." (5:46)

"And Zakariya and John, and Jesus and Elias: all in the ranks of the righteous." (6:85)

Jesus - His Titles

Though Jesus is mentioned by name in twenty-five places in the Holy Quran, he is also addressed with respect as: Ibn Maryam, meaning "The son of Mary"; and as the Maseeh (in Hebrew it is the Messiah), which is translated as "Christ". He is also known as Abdullah, "The servant of Allah"; and as Rasul u Allah, the messenger of Allah.

He is spoken of as "The Word of God", as "The Spirit of God", as a "Sign of God", and numerous other epithets of honor spread over fifteen different chapters. The Holy Quran honors this mighty messenger of God, and the Muslims have not fallen short over the past fourteen hundred years in doing the same. There is not a single disparaging remark in the entire Quran to which even the most jaundiced among the Christians can take exception.

Eesa Latinised to "Jesus"

The Holy Quran refers to Jesus as Eesa, and this name is used more times than any other title, because this was his "Christian" name. Actually, his proper name was Eesa (Arabic), or Esau (Hebrew); classical Yeheshua, which the Christian nations of the West latinised as Jesus. Neither the "J" nor the second "s" in the name Jesus is to be found in the original tongue - they are not found in the Semitic languages.

The word is very simply "E S A U" a very common Jewish name, used more than sixty times in the very first booklet alone of the Bible, in the part called "Genesis". There was at least one "Jesus" sitting on the "bench" at the trial of Jesus before the Sanhedrin. Josephus the Jewish historian mentions some twenty five Jesus' in his "Book of Antiquities". The New Testament speaks of "Bar-Jesus" a magician and a sorcerer, a false prophet (Acts 13:6); and also "Jesus-Justus" a Christian missionary, a contemporary of Paul (Colossians 4:11). These are distinct from Jesus the son of Mary. Transforming "Esau" to (J)esu(s) - Jesus - makes it unique. This unique (?) name has gone out of currency among the Jews and the Christians from the 2nd century after Christ. Among the Jews, because it came to be a name of ill - repute, the name of one who blasphemed in Jewry; and among the Christians because it came to be the proper name of their God. The Muslim will not hesitate to name his son Eesa because it is an honored name, the name of a righteous servant of the Lord.

Chapter Three : Mother And Son

Mary Honored

The birth of Jesus Christ is described in two places of the Quran - chapter 3 and chapter 19. Reading from the beginning of his birth, we come across the story of Mary, and the esteemed position which she occupies in the House of Islam, before the actual annunciation of the birth of Jesus is given:

"'Behold'! the angels said: 'O Mary! God hath chosen thee and purified thee, and chosen thee above the women of all nations" (3:42)

"Chosen thee above the women of all nations." Such an honor is not to be found given to Mary even in the Christian Bible! The verse continues:

"O Mary! Worship thy Lord devoutly: prostrate thyself, and bow down (in prayer) with those who bow down." (3:43)

Divine Revelation

What is the source of this beautiful and sublime recitation which, in its original Arabic, moves men to ecstasy and tears? verse 44 below explains:

"This is part of the tidings, of the things unseen, which We reveal unto thee (O Muhammad!) by inspiration: Thou wast not with them when they cast lots with arrows, as to which of them should be charged with the care of Mary: nor wast thou with them when they disputed (the point)." (3:44)

Mary's Birth

The story is that the maternal grandmother of Jesus, Hannah, had hitherto been barren. She poured out her heart to God: If only God will grant her a child, she would surely dedicate such a child for the service of God in the temple.

God granted her prayer and Mary was born. Hannah was disappointed. She was yearning for a son, but instead she delivered a daughter; and in no way is the female like the male, for what she had in mind. What was she to do? She had made a vow to God. She waited for Mary to be big enough to fend for herself.

When the time came, Hannah took her darling daughter to the temple, to hand over for temple services. Every priest wanted to be the god-father of this child. They cast lots with arrows for her - like the tossing of the coin - head or tail?
eventually she fell to the lot of Zakariya, but not without a dispute.

The Source of His Message

This was the story. But where did Muhammed, salla Allah u alihi wa sallam, get this knowledge from? He was an Ummi, Arabic for "unlettered". He did not low how to read or write. He is made by God Almighty to answer this very question in the verse above, by saying that it was all by divine inspiration. "No!", says the controversialist. "This is Muhammed's own concoction. He copied his revelations from the Jews and Christians. He plagiarized it. He forged it."

Knowing full-well, and believing as we do, that the whole Quran is the veritable Word of God, we will nevertheless agree, for the sake of argument, with the enemies of Muhammed, salla Allah u alihi wa sallam, for a moment, that he wrote it. We can now expect some cooperation from the unbelievers.

Ask him: "Have you any qualms in agreeing that Muhammed was an Arab?" Only an ignorant will hesitate to agree. In that case there is no sense in pursuing any discussion. Cut short the talk. Close the book!

With the man of reason, we proceed. "That this Arab, in the first instance, was addressing other Arabs. He was not talking to Indian Muslims, Chinese Muslims, or Nigerian Muslims. He was addressing his own people, the Arabs. Whether they agreed with him or not, he told them in the most sublime form, words that were seared into the hearts and minds of his listeners that Mary the mother of Jesus, a Jewess, was chosen above the women of all nations. Not his own mother, nor his wife nor his daughter, nor any other Arab woman, but a Jewess! Can one explain this? Because to everyone his own mother or wife, or daughters would come before other women.

Why would the prophet of Islam honor a woman from his opposition! and a Jewess at that! belonging to a race which had been looking down upon his people for three thousand years? Just as they still look down upon their Arab brethren today."

http://www.jamaat.net/cis/ChristInIslam.html
thanx all
and to day is the second day in my Eid soo
happy Eid to me
and merry Christmas to ya :D
http://islam.about.com/library/weekly/aa030700a.htm
http://www.islamweb.net/hajj2003_en/index.htm

salam

i have always been curious about this ..... why can't i go to the grand mosque in mecca with my muslim friends but i can take my muslim friends into st. peters?

Islam doesn't believe jesus is the son of god. They say he is a mere prophet. That is not accepting of christian doctrine. Plus, Allah is an evil demon, a moon good from an idolatrous era. We do not worship the same god. You worship satan.

Arabian said:
1st i wanna Apology if i hurted anyone with my words,, but i swear by Allah
i didnt mean it ,, i was trying to show reality ,,
so i hope those i hurted or was taugh with them to accept my appology,,,,
but all what i said was true and i didnt lie,,,
cristianity VS Islam,,,
cause its not ,,
they are not in Contrary both of THem allah sent them as a message to their messengers to spread them ,, but people add and elliminate some to/from the Gospel,,
anyway i dont accept this change in articles
http://www3.sympatico.ca/shabir.ally/new_page_24.htm

http://www.jamaat.net/cis/ChristInIslam.html
thanx all
and to day is the second day in my Eid soo
happy Eid to me
and merry Christmas to ya :D
http://islam.about.com/library/weekly/aa030700a.htm
http://www.islamweb.net/hajj2003_en/index.htm

salam

All this and you have yet to address what several of us asked in the previous thread - Since Islam claims that Jesus was a Messenger of God, or a prophet of god, why is it you IGNORE several of his statements, such as only through him can you get to heaven, or that he died for our sins? Do you consider those statements from Jesus a LIE? If so then why consider him a prophet of god? If not then why IGNORE them in your religion?

But I do agree the titles of threads should not be changed. It makes it look like you wrote that and that is wrong.

theHawk said:
All this and you have yet to address what several of us asked in the previous thread - Since Islam claims that Jesus was a Messenger of God, or a prophet of god, why is it you IGNORE several of his statements, such as only through him can you get to heaven, or that he died for our sins? Do you consider those statements from Jesus a LIE? If so then why consider him a prophet of god? If not then why IGNORE them in your religion?

Its because there isnt an answer. Satan attracts with partial truths. Jesus said so himself, that Satan knows the scriptures as well as anyone.

Islam, the koran and allah are all part of satan. Its evil and meant to draw people from the truth. Wolves shall come in sheeps clothing.

Arabian said:
cristianity VS Islam,,,
cause its not ,,

Again, Islam does not believe what Christianity teaches. Islam calls Jesus nothing more than a prophet, whereas Christianity teaches that Jesus was the Son of God, and that Jesus is fully divine and fully human. For a Christian to deny the diety of Christ, as Muslims do, is heresy; for a Muslim to accept the diety of Christ, as Christians do, is heresy. Therefore, the two religions are quite distinct, and not in agreement.

Mr.Ali's life and choice in women was one we certainly should all follow! -

Was Mohammed a pedophile?
The literature "Sahih Al-Bukhari" comes in nine volumes and contains thousands of Hadiths describing Mohammed's life. It talks about "Aisha" the girl in Volumes 5 and 7. Since taking a child bride was so unusual, it seems Mohammed claimed Allah had spoken to him in order to overcome the strong protests of the child's father. Thus, the marriage ceremony occurred when the girl was 6 and finalized through intercourse when she was nine. Source Document:

"...[T]he Prophet (Muhammed) said to her (Aisha), 'You have been shown to me twice in my dream. I saw you pictured on a piece of silk and someone said (to me). 'This is your wife.' When I uncovered the picture, I saw that it was yours. I said, 'If this is from Allah, it will be done.'" (Hadith, Sahih Bukhari 5:58:235)

"[T]he Prophet (Muhammed) married her (Aisha) when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old, and then she remained with him for nine years (i.e., till his death)." (Hadith, Sahih Bukhari 7:62:64)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A reader from India commented on 9/26/04:

"There are so many factual committed by you intentionally to tarnish the image of the Prophet of Islam and Religion of Islam.

For your information:

1. Prophet was not possessed by Satan
2. That he was not a padophile
3. One of his wife was 6 years old is wrong. There was no woman married by him at this age
4. He had not kept 11 wives at a time
5. He did not die mysteriously [fixed in revision -ed.]
6. He did not believe in war and blood shedding. He asked for mercy and peace. War was always thrust upon him
7. He did not go to mountains for meditation just because of confusion but he wanted to be closer to Almighty.

These are some of them. Please correct immediately and confirm...

...Please also read Qur'an which the only criterion between truth and untruth. I hope you will make correction, before things get escalated."
http://www.hyperhistory.net/apwh/bios/b1muhammadca.htm

You have to love every Muslim's response....."refer to the Qur'an"
Hello this was written by a pedophile, why would anyone in their right mind care what he writes.

theHawk said:
Mr.Ali's life and choice in women was one we certainly should all follow! -

http://www.hyperhistory.net/apwh/bios/b1muhammadca.htm

You have to love every Muslim's response....."refer to the Qur'an"
Hello this was written by a pedophile, why would anyone in their right mind care what he writes.

As for the purpose of this marriage, it was purely for sociopolitical reason. The Prophet’s main concern was the future of Islam. He was interested in strengthening the Muslims by all bonds. This also explains the reason why he married the daughter of `Umar, his Second Successor. It was by his marriage to Juwayriyyah that he gained the support for Islam of the whole clan of Bani Al-Mustaliq and their allied tribes. It was through his marriage to Safiyyah that he neutralized a great section of the hostile Jews of Arabia. By accepting Mariya, the Copt from Egypt, as his wife, he formed a political alliance with a king of great magnitude. So his marriage to `Aisha could never be of anything save cementing his relation with Abu Bakr, `Aisha’s father.

As for the Prophet’s condition before this marriage, it clearly explained what we’ve said that it was a purely sublime aim and purpose that motivated him to marry `Aisha. That’s why the marriage was not consummated until sometime after the emigration to Madinah, when she had reached maturity. The motives of this marriage can be understood to be anything except passion and physical attraction. However, he lived with her, in addition to Sawdah, for five to six years, when he was 56 years of age, without taking any other wife.

One important point we have to clarify here is that the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, when proposing to `Aisha, was not the first suitor, for, according to many historians, Jubair ibn Mut`am proposed to her before the Prophet, peace and blessings for him. This gives an indication that `Aisha, may Allah be pleased with her, was mature enough for marriage at that age.

Giving more details on this issue, Sheikh Faysal Mawlawi, deputy chairman of the European Council for Fatwa and Research, states the following:

Firstly, Prophet’s proposal to `Aisha came through a suggestion made by Khawalh bint Hakim as a sign of strengthening the relation with his Companion Abu Bakr and confirming his love for him.

Secondly, the fact that `Aisha, before the Prophet proposed to her, was being pursued by Jubair ibn Mut`am, indicates that she was mature enough for marriage, according to the prevailing tradition at that time, if not, the Quraish people, who would never waste any chance to insult the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, would have found this marriage as a golden opportunity to pour on him rain of insults. Rather they found nothing wrong in this engagement, and they received the news of the Prophet’s proposal for `Aisha as something usual, and even, expected.

`Aisha was not the first case, for many girls married at her same age to men who were at their fathers’ age. Hala, the cousin of Amina bint Wahb was married to Abdul-Muttalib on the same day his son `Abdullah married Aminah bint Wahb who was at Hala’s same age. Also, the Companion `Umar ibn Al-Khattab married the daughter of Ali ibn Abi Talib, may Allah honor his face, while he was at her grandpa’s age.

After the passage of many centuries, we find now some Orientalists who try to strike a comparison between the conditions of our present time and what was existing 1400 years ago. They are trying to apply the criterions of the Western society to that society that existed in the Arabian Peninsula very long ago.

It should be noted that in the hot regions, it’s normal for a girl to attain maturity at a very early age. Thus the case is totally different from that which does exist in the cold regions where a girl does not attain puberty before 21 [Physicians maintain that the age of puberty in the hot regions normally ranges from 9 to 16]. At all rates, it should be stressed that the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, on marrying `Aisha, never aimed at fulfilling a lust or satisfying a desire; rather, his aim was to strengthen his relation with the most beloved Companion of his.

According to the Priest of Saint Mary's Catholic Church: "Mary was approximately 14 years old when she got pregnant with Jesus. Joseph, Mary's Husband is believed to be around 36. Mary was only 13 when she married Joseph. When she first was arranged with Joseph she was between 7 to 9 years old."

Exodus 21:10, a man can marry an infinite amount of women without any limits to how many he can marry.

In 2 Samuel 5:13; 1 Chronicles 3:1-9, 14:3, King David had six wives and numerous concubines.

In 1 Kings 11:3, King Solomon had 700 wives and 300 concubines.

In 2 Chronicles 11:21, King Solomon's son Rehoboam had 18 wives and 60 concubines.

And knowing that the Bible's Old Testament allowed before for men to have sex with girls who were at the age of 3, then it wouldn't surprise me that those Prophets who had 700 wives for instance, had many very young "teenage" girls before as their wives.

It wouldn't surprise me if they too had wives that were younger than Mary when she got pregnant, and younger than Aisha when she got married.

Since there are so many wives that those Prophets married (hundreds of wives), then how would anyone know that they didn't marry young women as our beloved Prophet peace be upon him did with his marriage to Aisha peace be upon her?

so it was a cuture and traditions in these days,,, girl can get married in young age,, in this age she is mature enough,, if we compared, they lived in hard taugh invironment in desert ,, if we compared it with girls now it will be totally different ,, or what is your opinion,,,

and part me :$ how many girl in USA get rapped from their father or nonymas
in small age,, really its disaster everyone should work hard to stop it
may allah help you to stop such things and show them th eright way

I would like to be shown where in the Bible it says it is permissible to have sex with a three-year-old, male OR female.

As for the multiple wives... Not God's plan, but man's sin.

mom4 said:
I would like to be shown where in the Bible it says it is permissible to have sex with a three-year-old, male OR female.

As for the multiple wives... Not God's plan, but man's sin.

Well according to the Old Testament there is no problem with taking multiplie wives. So are you saying that the Old Testament is erroneous and has been tampered with by greedy men?

Powerman said:
Well according to the Old Testament there is no problem with taking multiplie wives. So are you saying that the Old Testament is erroneous and has been tampered with by greedy men?

Honestly, I don't have a problem with multiple wives when God commands it any more than building an ark when God commands it. But when God doesn't command it, someone has to be insane to want that much nagging.

Honestly, I don't have a problem with multiple wives when God commands it any more than building an ark when God commands it. But when God doesn't command it, someone has to be insane to want that much nagging.

Well times were different then. Women were treated as objects and second class citizens. Hell that started in Genesis. Woman was just supposed to be a helper for man. They didn't waste anytime justifying sexism in the Bible that's for sure.

But as far as the multiple wife thing I don't think there would be much nagging. I think what would happen is the "wife" would know her role and speak when spoken to. It's not like today when men and women are essentially equal partners in the relationship. Women acted and treated like they were inferior to the men. That's just how things were then.

Powerman said:
Where does it say there is no problem with multiple wives? There are many examples of men having problems because they have multiple wives/concubines.

mom4 said:
Where does it say there is no problem with multiple wives? There are many examples of men having problems because they have multiple wives/concubines.

They may have had problems but it was socially acceptable to have multiple wives and concubines. If not then half the patriarchs in the bible are going to hell.

Powerman said:
Well times were different then. Women were treated as objects and second class citizens. Hell that started in Genesis. Woman was just supposed to be a helper for man. They didn't waste anytime justifying sexism in the Bible that's for sure.
That is not how it was intended. Adam was alone and lonely before God made Eve for him. The Bible says God made a "help meet" for Adam (Hebrew ezer). This does not mean she was subordinate to Adam. The Hebrew word ezer was also used to describe God, Himself.

Also, see Ephesians 5:21-33. Wives have only to respect and submit to their husbands. Not mindlessly obey every command, just keep the peace. At the same time, husbands are commanded to love their wives as Christ loved the Church--- with endless tenderness, patience, and sacrifice. I got no problem "submitting" to that!

It was only after sin entered the picture that women were subordinated, not by God's ideal, but by man's warped actions.

But as far as the multiple wife thing I don't think there would be much nagging. I think what would happen is the "wife" would know her role and speak when spoken to. It's not like today when men and women are essentially equal partners in the relationship. Women acted and treated like they were inferior to the men. That's just how things were then.
True. And how things still are in many cultures.

Powerman said:
They may have had problems but it was socially acceptable to have multiple wives and concubines. If not then half the patriarchs in the bible are going to hell.
Some of them may be going to Hell. I don't know. God's call, of course.

Socially acceptable does not equal good or right.

Forum List

Back