I defy anyone to be able to define this NPR catch phrase

An NPR book reviewer named John Freeman makes this comment: "The way systems of oppression have entrenched themselves in the United States calls out for a new framework for writing about inequality."

What are these "systems of oppression"?
He's talking about successful white people. The only racist game in town these days.

An NPR book reviewer named John Freeman makes this comment: "The way systems of oppression have entrenched themselves in the United States calls out for a new framework for writing about inequality."

Oppression = Withholding Government Funds.

My guess is he means things like corporate policies set by crusty old White guys who force women to work for slave wages.
Then that's not oppression. No one is "forced" to work anywhere. Women are free to open their own businesses, and in fact, are given financial assistance and contract set-aside preferences. Hardly a "system of oppression".

Moreover, men dominate in the business world everywhere in the world. In fact, Western women have advanced in the business world more than anywhere, right? So to call the gender gap a system of oppression "entrenched in this country" is just wrong, don't you think?
I don't believe in the gender gap. In the context of the vague statements the author made, I think HE believes things like the gender gap are entrenched systems of oppression. I believe women have at least equal (if not more) opportunity to advance their pay and stature in the workforce.

My guess is he means things like corporate policies set by crusty old White guys who force women to work for slave wages.
Then that's not oppression. No one is "forced" to work anywhere. Women are free to open their own businesses, and in fact, are given financial assistance and contract set-aside preferences. Hardly a "system of oppression".

Moreover, men dominate in the business world everywhere in the world. In fact, Western women have advanced in the business world more than anywhere, right? So to call the gender gap a system of oppression "entrenched in this country" is just wrong, don't you think?

You are correct.

However, more to the point, those corporate policies that were set out, don't, "favor" women, as those men are in the majority, and they do not know how it is like to live as women of color and have no experience with "intersectionality."

Thus, from their POV, should they really be the ones setting policy? Should white men who have no intersectionality experience have any say at all? That is what he means. They don't believe that folks who haven't felt "economic disadvantage and oppression," should even be discussing it.

For these folks, it isn't a mere question of equality of opportunity, unless there are equal results, then the system is oppressive. (IOW, you need to watch those videos I posted to come up to speed I think. :eusa_doh:)

I watched them. I'm ahead of them. I've never really liked the term "cultural Marxism". I've read Marx, and I don't see Marxism at the root of the hatred of American whites and the relentless push to destroy us. The Bolsheviks, maybe, who used Marx to satisfy their hatred and hunger to destroy Russia.
Cultural Marxism is not exactly the same creature as classical Marxism. It is classical Marxism's economic class warfare translated into cultural terms. They still embrace classical Marxism, but they put more emphasis on stirring up animosity and hatred for straight white christian males than the capitalists and the bourgeoisie.
To what extent is it a euphemism for "Jews"?

I don't believe in the gender gap. In the context of the vague statements the author made, I think HE believes things like the gender gap are entrenched systems of oppression. I believe women have at least equal (if not more) opportunity to advance their pay and stature in the workforce.
As someone else noted, it isn't even about opportunity, but outcome.

You are correct.

However, more to the point, those corporate policies that were set out, don't, "favor" women, as those men are in the majority, and they do not know how it is like to live as women of color and have no experience with "intersectionality."

Thus, from their POV, should they really be the ones setting policy? Should white men who have no intersectionality experience have any say at all? That is what he means. They don't believe that folks who haven't felt "economic disadvantage and oppression," should even be discussing it.

For these folks, it isn't a mere question of equality of opportunity, unless there are equal results, then the system is oppressive. (IOW, you need to watch those videos I posted to come up to speed I think. :eusa_doh:)

I watched them. I'm ahead of them. I've never really liked the term "cultural Marxism". I've read Marx, and I don't see Marxism at the root of the hatred of American whites and the relentless push to destroy us. The Bolsheviks, maybe, who used Marx to satisfy their hatred and hunger to destroy Russia.
Cultural Marxism is not exactly the same creature as classical Marxism. It is classical Marxism's economic class warfare translated into cultural terms. They still embrace classical Marxism, but they put more emphasis on stirring up animosity and hatred for straight white christian males than the capitalists and the bourgeoisie.
To the extent that it just so happens the majority of those who formulated the ideology were Jewish. They weren't religious Jews though, they were secular atheist ethnic Jews....obviously they'd be secular atheists as Marxists.

You are correct.

To the extent that it just so happens the majority of those who formulated the ideology were Jewish. They weren't religious Jews though, they were secular atheist ethnic Jews....obviously they'd be secular atheists as Marxists.
Yes, it was ethnic Jews, but it is immaterial whether they were observant. Thousands of churches were destroyed and the clergy hunted down like animals and exterminated with their families. Synagogues and the rabbinate were largely untouched.

Maybe you need to read the book?

Maybe you need to read the book?
Nah, the review I read told me all I need to know. Anecdotes of Oppression, by Diversity Vibrant.

Basically all of this bullshit they teach in colleges that derived from the Frankfurt School's 'Critical Theory' is what we on the right describe as cultural Marxism. Critical Race Theory, Women's Studies, Transformers and other faggots studies, etc...
Ah, an invented term with no relevance to the subject. Carry on...

Basically all of this bullshit they teach in colleges that derived from the Frankfurt School's 'Critical Theory' is what we on the right describe as cultural Marxism. Critical Race Theory, Women's Studies, Transformers and other faggots studies, etc...
Ah, an invented term with no relevance to the subject. Carry on...
You're just proud to be an imbecile, aren't ya?

Forum List

Back