I cell phone is not a necessity then why do they get them free when your on welfare

This is a little more current

US News (no doubt part of the right wing cabal)

Feb 8, 2012

FCC Wants $25 Million for Cell Phone Subsidy Program 'Fraught with Fraud'

A decades-old FCC program, one the government concedes is easy to cheat, wants $25 million in funding for a new initiative to provide low-income families with free broadband Internet access—and the funds will come from your cell phone bill.

Truth is hard for the Left
In fact, it is their worst enemy

I have no problem with the government providing some small things for people, who are unfortunate, to feel more connected to the world and human. The complicated question is, where do we draw the line??

:clap2:
On our dime.. Tired of all these freebies. Who would want to better themselves when they get everything for free

Why Are Some People Getting Free Cell Phones Through Taxpayer Money? | Fox News Insider

Don't the g'ment help those with landlines, already? So there ya go. I wouldn't give away cell phones, with pay phones still around and landlines, if there were an Emergency 911 is free on pay phones and landlines. That's like getting beer, wine and candy on food stamps, it's just unheard of.

I have no problem with the government providing some small things for people, who are unfortunate, to feel more connected to the world and human. The complicated question is, where do we draw the line??

With all due respect, it's that feeling that is not going to draw a line, anytime soon. They can feel human with a landline that ppl DO get help with(you know that "universal tax" you pay on your landline, well the phone company told me that is for those who cannot afford a phone but need one to obtain a job, or have medical issues etc) Iphones are not cheap but I see some folks using EBT food stamps while texting on Iphones; where I had to save and save to get one.
Im all for a helping hand up, but the line has to be drawn and might as well draw it here. Soon there'll be no incentive to work on your own and make something of yourself(generally speaking)

Anyways, there's companies that do the "pay as you go" cellphones and that company on TV with the 2 silly computer guys from India. Unless they are g'ment sponsored I think those companies offer an affordable cell should one on welfare be able to get it.

What irritates me is how the lie the topic presents is exposed with facts, yet the right wing keeps on repeating it. You yourself, repeated the claim that the taxpayers are footing the bill. It seems that the right wing here haven't an ounce of integrity, and don't care about things like honesty, if it gets in their way of bashing the poor for their petty political gain.
So who is footing the bills then. If you say the government then YES we are footing the bill because they get the money from US :cuckoo:

The USAC receives its funding from telcom company fees.

Are you that dumb? Don't answer.

With all due respect, it's that feeling that is not going to draw a line, anytime soon. They can feel human with a landline that ppl DO get help with(you know that "universal tax" you pay on your landline, well the phone company told me that is for those who cannot afford a phone but need one to obtain a job, or have medical issues etc) Iphones are not cheap but I see some folks using EBT food stamps while texting on Iphones; where I had to save and save to get one.
Im all for a helping hand up, but the line has to be drawn and might as well draw it here. Soon there'll be no incentive to work on your own and make something of yourself(generally speaking)

Anyways, there's companies that do the "pay as you go" cellphones and that company on TV with the 2 silly computer guys from India. Unless they are g'ment sponsored I think those companies offer an affordable cell should on
e on welfare be able to get it.

I didn't understand they were afforded a landline, if they are, you seem right.

Iphones are not cheap but I see some folks using EBT food stamps while texting on Iphones; where I had to save and save to get one.
Im all for a helping hand up, but the line has to be drawn and might as well draw it here.

The poor people I see normally have smart phones, or phones that look like smart phones.

A land-line is cheaper than any contract phone or any prepaid phone paid monthly, and one land-line is enough for a whole family. One cell phone isn't enough for a family (unless it's left at home).

The poor often have more disposable income than the middle class. I feel for the homeless, but not for these welfare queens with iphones.

So who is footing the bills then. If you say the government then YES we are footing the bill because they get the money from US :cuckoo:

The facts are the facts. Telecommunications has been subsidized since 1938. The current incarnation was adopted in August, 2008. Why are you such a piece of lying scum?

No they shouldn't

Only the rich should be entitled to cell phones
In the good ole days, only the super rich could afford a mobile phone. That is how we knew they were rich. Now, any stiff can have a cell phone.
Even some of the schmucks on this board can afford them

A whole lot of sarcasm from you (The lowest form of humor)

But zero substance.

The facts are the facts. Telecommunications has been subsidized since 1938. The current incarnation was adopted in August, 2008. Why are you such a piece of lying scum?

You wouldn't know the truth if it bit you in the ass. Dumb Fuck that you are. You are the Ailment, and this is the cure.

300.jpg

Last edited:

You wouldn't know the truth if it bit you in the ass. Dumb Fuck that you are. You are the Ailment, and this is the cure.

300.jpg

The fact remains that you lying pieces of trash are the ones who wanted to label subsidized phones for the poor as Obama phones. The fact shows you're a lying piece of shit.

300.jpg

He is just worried someone is trying to take away
his free phone
:eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
What really irritates me is welfare recipients buying microwave ovens....

Jesus Christ! They don't work, who cares how long it takes to cook their food?

what irritates me RW is when the topic of the thread is something that the tax payer is footing the bill for.....and then along comes someone like you or Truth.....who then throw in something like this.....What really irritates me is welfare recipients buying microwave ovens..........do you know the difference between being supplied the item vs buying it on your own?....

What irritates me is how the lie the topic presents is exposed with facts, yet the right wing keeps on repeating it. You yourself, repeated the claim that the taxpayers are footing the bill. It seems that the right wing here haven't an ounce of integrity, and don't care about things like honesty, if it gets in their way of bashing the poor for their petty political gain.

someone pays for anything that people get for free or next to nothing......if the phone companies do the supplying,the people who are paying for phone service are paying for it .....and if you want to talk about honesty and integrity Dick......at least i have enough to say both Parties are fucking or have fucked this Country over with their bullshit.....when have you ever admitted that with the Democrats?....

I know the difference between a legitimate thread and whining about how good poor people have it
right im sure you do....but just to let you know.....a poor guy buying a microwave oven with his own money is different than the tax payer providing it....

Taxpayer isn't paying for phones either but we have ten pages on it

but the people who are paying for a phone every month are....and i guess you can say they are tax payers.....and if the phone company gets subsidized or some kind of tax break for being "generous"......guess who is paying for that?......it all boils down to that the customer or tax payer is paying for anything the poor get for nothing or just about....no company gives away freebies without having a way to recoup the money.....

300.jpg

The fact remains that you lying pieces of trash are the ones who wanted to label subsidized phones for the poor as Obama phones. The fact shows you're a lying piece of shit.

Show me where I made that claim, Ever. Link please. You know you cannot provide one, because first off, it is not my position. Second off, I would not say such a thing. So, where does that leave you???

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQHEFuMzvj4&feature=player_embedded]Rep. Tim Griffin discusses his fight to end Uncle Sam's Unlimited Plan on Fox News Channel - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back