i can see this turning ugly

Christians can get the degree, but those whose beliefs go against the guidelines can't. Also her beliefes don't reflect all christians as most people now know that being gay ins't a choice and that transgender issues aren't just for druggies or sexually abused people
Being gay is a choice, nothing but a perverse sexual preferance, nothing more, period!!!!

right and women are men's inferiors and should be subservient to them! the bible says so!
No, the Bible does not say that.

1) its not based on her being christian. christians, like all other religions, are allowed to attend and graduate from the school. on top of that her "christian" vviews don't even fit in with accepted knowledge of many churhc members, especially in regards to being gay not being a choice, etc

2) you do have to believe in the professions code of ethics if you want to work int hat profession. see my previous post about doctors etc
Explain accepted knowledge? If you do not accept Jesus as the truth you belong to church that does not teach the truth, period. Otherwise a church that teaches a lie.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

please show me jesus said that homosexuality was curable and that people should work to revert people
You are right, Jesus did not say that homosexuallity was curable. He said it was a sin and an abomination. The Bible teaches faith in Jesus and then Jesus heals.

if certain beliefs/actions are part of the groups ethics though why shouldn't she have to follow them to be accredited by the group even if they conflict with her religious belief?
Because schools do not have the right to force religous beliefs on or take away ones beliefs. This country was founded by christians, to say otherwise is a LIE. The founding forefathers knew that for Christianity to be excepted they had to protect the right of all religions. What this country, or certain groups or individuals, is doing is illegal according to the only documemt thaat matters, the Constitution of the United States of America.

really? where does the constitution say that private groups must change their rules and ethics so that members of any and all religions must be accepted?

Pssst, Augusta State University is not a private group.

Explain accepted knowledge? If you do not accept Jesus as the truth you belong to church that does not teach the truth, period. Otherwise a church that teaches a lie.

please show me jesus said that homosexuality was curable and that people should work to revert people
You are right, Jesus did not say that homosexuallity was curable. He said it was a sin and an abomination. The Bible teaches faith in Jesus and then Jesus heals.

actually he said homosexual sex is a sin not being homosexual

Because schools do not have the right to force religous beliefs on or take away ones beliefs. This country was founded by christians, to say otherwise is a LIE. The founding forefathers knew that for Christianity to be excepted they had to protect the right of all religions. What this country, or certain groups or individuals, is doing is illegal according to the only documemt thaat matters, the Constitution of the United States of America.

really? where does the constitution say that private groups must change their rules and ethics so that members of any and all religions must be accepted?

Pssst, Augusta State University is not a private group.

the aca is

We are getting off subject here. My point is the school should not deny her based on her religous beleif.

If you practice homosexual sex you are homosexual, period.

uh and if you are homosexual and don't have sex then you are fine in jesus's view which is my point that you keep missing.

We are getting off subject here. My point is the school should not deny her based on her religous beleif.

they aren't. they are denying her based on her views of homosexuals

Which is based on her religeous views, which makes it religeous discrimination. No way around that.

I'll ask again, how would you feel if a History major was denied graduation because he didn't believe the story of Noah's ark was true?

uh and if you are homosexual and don't have sex then you are fine in jesus's view which is my point that you keep missing.
No you are not fine in Jesus "view". Just the lack of homosexual sin does not make you sinless. Take adultry for example, Jesus said if you lust after another woman you have sinned, yet there is a lack of sexual contact.

Which is based on her religeous views, which makes it religeous discrimination. No way around that.

I'll ask again, how would you feel if a History major was denied graduation because he didn't believe the story of Noah's ark was true?

that would be stupid. like I said before I think she should be given the degree and then extensively interviewed and if she keeps up the views stated in the legal filings than don't accredit her

No you are not fine in Jesus "view". Just the lack of homosexual sin does not make you sinless. Take adultry for example, Jesus said if you lust after another woman you have sinned, yet there is a lack of sexual contact.

*sigh* so again, you haven't had any sex and haven't broken the rules on homosexuality, but the general adultery rule

that would be stupid. like I said before I think she should be given the degree and then extensively interviewed and if she keeps up the views stated in the legal filings than don't accredit her

It would be stupid, just as this is stupid. But I am glad to see you agree the accrediting agency should not have any say in who does and who does not graduate from a public University.

*sigh* so again, you haven't had any sex and haven't broken the rules on homosexuality, but the general adultery rule

Jesus taught that even to think of doing the sin was as bad as actually doing the sin. Although I will admit to being confused on that point, how are we supposed to control our thoughts? The fact is , in HIS eyes thinking = doing.

I think the university was wrong on what they wrote/did.

I think there is a predisposition towards being gay, I think most of us know even as kids that some are 'different' in first or second grade. Today some folks go 'both ways', that's not so much homosexuality as choice, from what I know of it.

In any case, seems to me if a counselor of a 'biblical based philosophy' happened to have a person that was homosexual and depressed or some other feelings that weren't on the idea of wanting to 'change' or become 'celebrate', they should be referred to someone else, as not to do harm. If that was acknowledged, seems they should be able to go forward.

It's when someone tries to 'impose their personal beliefs' on one that isn't aligned with the same that it's time to get out of that exchange.

Jesus taught that even to think of doing the sin was as bad as actually doing the sin. Although I will admit to being confused on that point, how are we supposed to control our thoughts? The fact is , in HIS eyes thinking = doing.

You cannot avoid the thoughts. The purpose of the Law is to show us that we are sinners and that we need a savior and that savior is Jesus Christ. The fact is that you/we all commit sin. Homosexual thoughts are as sinful as the act itself just as the thought of adultery is the same as committing the sin itself. The homosexual is no better or worse of a sinner than the liar or the murderer or the thief or the adulterer.

That is the entire purpose of the Law. We are not saved by the Law. We are saved by the Gospel.

Immie

Forum List

Back