I can live off the grid

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
I'm clearing out my garbage and noticed my Ebola prep section: MREs, bottled water, water filters, peanut butter, compass, flints, maps and some Penthouse magazines.

I realized today that I'm capable of living off the grid. I'll probably be eating treebark and beetle grubs and wish I were dead, but I think I can survive almost 24 hours outdoors.

What about you?

I'm clearing out my garbage and noticed my Ebola prep section: MREs, bottled water, water filters, peanut butter, compass, flints, maps and some Penthouse magazines.

I realized today that I'm capable of living off the grid. I'll probably be eating treebark and beetle grubs and wish I were dead, but I think I can survive almost 24 hours outdoors.

What about you?
Wow 24 hours that's amazing.

What about you?
Wow 24 hours that's amazing.

Yeah I lean more towards Sam Adams than Grizzly Adams.

I should have added the 2010 Brunello and a corkscrew to the Ebola kit

What about you?

I prefer to live at ground zero.

living off grid is pretty nice but you should be set up to do it with land and some kinda shelter that can be improved from time to time plus water , sanitation . You also need money and transportation so most off gridders are still tied to civilization and its grocery stores and other goods suppliers . Also tied to health resources unless you are content to die like a sick or injured mountain man would die in the early 1800s . A community of off grid people with good skills would work pretty good in my opinion . Course a guy just taking off with a backpack full of supplies would be pretty hard as the supplies start to dwindle .

What about you?

How much of that 24h is the Penthouse magazines?

you wouldnt make it 24 hours without the net....

my hubby is into this survivor stuff...i never get why....cause you aint ever gonna have enough water and do you have heirloom seeds? that canned food will not last forever...i dont care what they say in 'last man on earth'
plus you didnt have meds....need meds....o hell we will be breaking into stores left and right...we got meds lol

now what kills me on this doomsdayer show...they bug out with heavy packs and walk to their hidden ride for hours....fuck that...i will hold up right here...o wait that is one more nice thing about living in the country....we just have to blow up the bridges and prevent all you flat landers from getting here

What about you?

Probably most of it.

you wouldnt make it 24 hours without the net....

my hubby is into this survivor stuff...i never get why....cause you aint ever gonna have enough water and do you have heirloom seeds? that canned food will not last forever...i dont care what they say in 'last man on earth'
plus you didnt have meds....need meds....o hell we will be breaking into stores left and right...we got meds lol

now what kills me on this doomsdayer show...they bug out with heavy packs and walk to their hidden ride for hours....fuck that...i will hold up right here...o wait that is one more nice thing about living in the country....we just have to blow up the bridges and prevent all you flat landers from getting here

Damn. Even me? I'll let you read my Penthouse

first i was not joking about the water.....it takes an 18 wheeler container for one person for one year....and then the food....then the ammo....people here just buy the trucks things and bury them....full of water and food...these are people who have money but have no clue how to survive...

plus frankie love...we are a little long in the tooth to be fighting for survival now arent we? i have very little use to a forming society...my education has been a classical one...wanna discuss books and ideas.....i am there....want a fertile women with needed skills not so much...but then again ....i know what to eat in the woods and what not to eat....so perhaps i should value my skills a bit more...but in reality the new world would want doctors and such...

so again how much are those penthouses really worth and penthouse was for pussies.....i always preferred chester the molester and hustler....

What about you?

He can cut out the good parts and use the rest to start a fire to heat his beans.

Note to Frank - Buy beans. Lots and lots of beans.

first i was not joking about the water.....it takes an 18 wheeler container for one person for one year....and then the food....then the ammo....people here just buy the trucks things and bury them....full of water and food...these are people who have money but have no clue how to survive...

plus frankie love...we are a little long in the tooth to be fighting for survival now arent we? i have very little use to a forming society...my education has been a classical one...wanna discuss books and ideas.....i am there....want a fertile women with needed skills not so much...but then again ....i know what to eat in the woods and what not to eat....so perhaps i should value my skills a bit more...but in reality the new world would want doctors and such...

so again how much are those penthouses really worth and penthouse was for pussies.....i always preferred chester the molester and hustler....

Dang, you got that right about being too old for this stuff.

I just watched a bit of the movie The Road, Viggo Mortenson.

Grim doesn't even begin to cover it.

Frank, I know I teased you about thinking The Walking Dead is a documentary but you gotta wonder:

Which would be better?

Being the biter? Or the bitten?

theRoad is a pretty good movie , looks like the kid survived and that was the goal . Course , I thought that this was about off grid living , I know people that do that quite successfully . Think you guys are talking about bugging out and survivalism !!

Last edited:
true living off the grid can simply be no electric etc...so back to the op...are we bugging out or giving up the net.....

Sorry but to me, living off the grid means no HBO.

In my old age, I'm way into comfort, good food, good booze and the most comfortable bed on the planet.

I'm at our house in town for university graduation. As soon as we get a huge pile of stuff done, the house is going on the market and its already down to a skeleton of its former self. Last night, I was so tired but tossed and turned all night. We're staying tonight and going back to the lake tomorrow, where I'll finally get a good night's sleep.

living off grid is pretty nice but you should be set up to do it with land and some kinda shelter that can be improved from time to time plus water , sanitation . You also need money and transportation so most off gridders are still tied to civilization and its grocery stores and other goods suppliers . Also tied to health resources unless you are content to die like a sick or injured mountain man would die in the early 1800s . A community of off grid people with good skills would work pretty good in my opinion . Course a guy just taking off with a backpack full of supplies would be pretty hard as the supplies start to dwindle .

If you want to live 'off the grid' go to the Appalachian Trail.

Off the grid?

Roughing it?

Survivorman shit?

FUCK no.

When the food in the supermarkets runs out (or goes bad), I'm dead. In fact, in the summer, with no A/C, I think death will be fast and unpleasant.

Until death comes for me, there's Scotch!

Forum List

Back