i broke his wee trust......

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
he is getting too big for the sink....but today he still fits....the water was tepid at best...

001-34.jpg

004-33.jpg

it is a good thing trust can be restored with a warm towel and plenty of rubbing....of course he insisted on having his favorite place to sleep for 2 hours....

if you start a kitten out....with baths...you might be able to wash a cat...i wouldnt dare try it with the older cats.....freddy kugar has nothing on them

I din't know you could wash a cat.

Yeah, and that is what cats WANT you to think too. I start bathing kittens at 5 weeks old. It gets them used to the idea that baths are just another part of normal life.

Some of them just love the warm water once they get used to it.

doesn't it disrupt his skin balance/ph/hair oil content'/etc?

I mean, I bathe cats if they need it, but I'm really reluctant to put soap on any animal with fur unless it's just absolutely necessary (and sometimes it is).

doesn't it disrupt his skin balance/ph/hair oil content'/etc?

I mean, I bathe cats if they need it, but I'm really reluctant to put soap on any animal with fur unless it's just absolutely necessary (and sometimes it is).

I have washed cats but it tends to give them flaky scalp when you use hard water.

Yeah I don't think it's super good for them on a regular basis. Unless they have some condition that makes it necessary.

Yeah I don't think it's super good for them on a regular basis. Unless they have some condition that makes it necessary.

Hairless cats need it once a week but the bulk of them only need a bath if they get fleas.

A friend of mine has a cat that takes showers with him.

My cat Velcro loves water. She's fallen into my bath at least half a dozen times. She just doesn't like being wet and she doesn't like being handled. She decides when it's time to be petted and then she books when it's enough.

I've had cats that always had to jump up on the tub when it was full, and who always fell in. So they must have liked it.

I am currently catless. I can't say I miss them.

Forum List

Back