I Basset Slave, Bogie the slaveholder ~

RevBig

Going 2 Church ie Camping
Feb 24, 2011
Far East Tennessee
Some low quality* photos of my best bud species challenged son, family member delux. I have had a nearly 14 year love affair with this dog (yes its platonic !!!). BB (before Bogie) I have owned man dogs like pit bulls, rottweilers, a Siberian husky, I even brought a huge, 160 pound black great dane boxer mix sled dog (he pulled dead weight sleds like those on tractor pulls but of course much smaller) from Alaska home with me in 1990. Man in those days I wasnt living right, and I was in Anchorage international air port trying to assemble a dog carrier that I had to buy there...I has hung over and been awake for a week, just divorced...man some of the good ole days wern't ! Anyway; to get back on topic ; I was given Bogie the basset as a abused puppy, and I aint been the same since. Bassets are just different, warning if you dislike the breed as I did before I was willed him, do not spend any time with one, they are highly addictive and will cause you to do things you ordinarily would not do if you did not become addicted to their human like emotions and manners....Yes I suppose I am prejudiced AND addicted to bassets~ I might have to go to BHA Basset hound anonymous

*(will post better ones soon dont have time to go to my photo host);

1gregsa.jpg

summerfall09104-1.jpg

hoverround003.jpg

hoverround063.jpg

1bug-1.jpg

bug2.jpg

1bogie2.jpg

---2071a-1.jpg

---1291.jpg

I think I will snuggle with the old fart, he is snoring behind me its 3:23 am and the question is do you know where your Basset hound is? Ha ha and every dog from beloved pound mutt to the most expensive pedigree gets to hold our heart in bondage just like Bogie has mine ...God bless em'

NOTE Greg Dubois is my ghost artist name. I use it when I publish my work...My real name is close but Dubois ha ha... nah...I chose it because of a family connection to France~ we also have one to Scotland and Ireland...

revb

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Looks like a good old dog.

He is the best old dog, of course we all our dogs of the moment are the best, but really this one is different. He talks to me, in english. No I am not insane, well I hope not, but he has learned to grunt 'uh huh' when I brush his belly with the plastic brush! The first time he did it I did think I was going nuts, but realized he was repeating me. I would say do you like that , uh huh you do! He just mocks me when I hit his sweet spot. Well in 13 years + 9 months makes a lot of stories eh? I know he has lived well past his normal life span, and when he goes its going to kill me as throughly as him, but he has had a remarkable good life, and with some luck he has a few years left! I would love to have a puppy by him, he can still 'do it' but I hate to bring another pup in the world when so many are sitting on death row in a pound....Thanks to everyone for the kind words!

Revb

Forum List

Back