"I am the way, the truth, and the life."

We worship GOD. Jesus is a part of GOD manifested as a human being. The Holy Spirit is also a part of GOD. It is hard for us to comprehend the Trinity and explaining it is impossible without faith. GOD sent part of his being to this planet and Christ was born. Was Jesus part human and part GOD? Since he was born of woman did he have GOD's DNA and Mary's? We can only guess at that. Back in the day for the people to understand it was written that GOD sent his only begotten son. The people back then had no conception of beings being able to break off parts of themselves to form other beings. For them to understand it had to be delivered to them in their terms. That is why so many images in the Bible are terms of shepherds and locusts and the things that the people back then knew. Today we have evolved into a society that can comprehend, yes through science fiction, amazing things. We see creatures, bacteria and such, just split into a replica being. Jesus was but an extension of GOD. Yes, he while he was here he was a separate being but he was still a part of GOD.

Do we worship Jesus? Yes, but in the extent that Jesus is also GOD just as the Holy Ghost is of GOD. There would have been no need for Jesus if Adam and Eve had not succumbed to sin.

There are many theories on the Trinity. Which one is right? We cannot fully comprehend it. If you want to read some more about it here is someone that you may want to look at, Quintus Septimius Florens Tertullianus (Tertullian)

Last edited:
I've already said what I think it means. I think Jesus came to show he was God and man, and that we are one and the same.

I don't think he came to be worshipped as a god or to start a religion. I think he came to wake people up to what we truly are in our essence.

I don't believe in original sin, so I don't think he came as a savior or redeemer in the way that Christianity teaches.

Okay. Now you just need to understand that what you do or don't believe means nothing.

What I do or don't believe means nothing to you but a lot to me.

I wasn't talking about me. I was talking about God. You believe, you don't believe. You think he wasn't who he said he was, nor what the Bible says.

None of that affects the reality, the truth. I.E.: It doesn't matter.

What does this mean to you?

I have my own ideas.

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. John 14:6

What it means is ther Christians have the most arrogant, egotistical asshole for a leader which has ever been or which ever will be. That statement by Jesus himself condemned 90% of all the humans who ever set foot on the planet to the flames of hell.

I have my own ideas.

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. John 14:6

What it means is ther Christians have the most arrogant, egotistical asshole for a leader which has ever been or which ever will be. That statement by Jesus himself condemned 90% of all the humans who ever set foot on the planet to the flames of hell.

/me turns fire hose on Cammmpbell

It means He is my Lord and Savior, Praise His Name forever. Praise Jesus Christ our King!
Woooooooohoooooooooo :clap2:

And yes, Jesus Christ our Lord definitly allowed worship and even identified Himself/ Who He is:

John 9
36 He answered and said, Who is he, Lord, that I might believe on him?

37 And Jesus said unto him, Thou hast both seen him, and it is he that talketh with thee.

38 And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshipped him.

Another one where Jesus tells us Who He is...we should to read it all...and then look what He says at the end.

John 4
There cometh a woman of Samaria to draw water: Jesus saith unto her, Give me to drink.

8 (For his disciples were gone away unto the city to buy meat.)

9 Then saith the woman of Samaria unto him, How is it that thou, being a Jew, askest drink of me, which am a woman of Samaria? for the Jews have no dealings with the Samaritans.

10 Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.

11 The woman saith unto him, Sir, thou hast nothing to draw with, and the well is deep: from whence then hast thou that living water?

12 Art thou greater than our father Jacob, which gave us the well, and drank thereof himself, and his children, and his cattle?

13 Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again:

14 But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

15 The woman saith unto him, Sir, give me this water, that I thirst not, neither come hither to draw.

16 Jesus saith unto her, Go, call thy husband, and come hither.

17 The woman answered and said, I have no husband. Jesus said unto her, Thou hast well said, I have no husband:

18 For thou hast had five husbands; and he whom thou now hast is not thy husband: in that saidst thou truly.

19 The woman saith unto him, Sir, I perceive that thou art a prophet.

20 Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship.

21 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.

22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.

23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

25 The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.

26 Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.

Last edited:
Jesus is Devine, Jesus is Worshipped, Jesus is prayed to:

Bible verses that show Jesus is Divine | Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry <---link

Jesus is worshipped - Jesus said to worship God only, yet He receives worship.
1.Matt. 4:10 - "Then Jesus said to him, 'Begone, Satan! For it is written, "You shall worship the Lord your God, and serve Him only."&#8217;"
2.Matt. 2:2 - "Where is He who has been born King of the Jews? For we saw His star in the east, and have come to worship Him."
3.Matt. 2:11 - "And they came into the house and saw the Child with Mary His mother; and they fell down and worshiped Him; and opening their treasures they presented to Him gifts of gold and frankincense and myrrh."
4.Matt. 14:33 - "And those who were in the boat worshiped Him, saying, "You are certainly God&#8217;s Son!"
5.Matt. 28:9 - "And behold, Jesus met them and greeted them. And they came up and took hold of His feet and worshiped Him."
6.John 9:35-38 - "Jesus heard that they had put him out; and finding him, He said, "Do you believe in the Son of Man?" 36 He answered and said, "And who is He, Lord, that I may believe in Him?" 37 Jesus said to him, "You have both seen Him, and He is the one who is talking with you." 38 And he said, "Lord, I believe." And he worshiped Him."
7.Heb. 1:6 - "And when He again brings the first-born into the world, He says, 'And let all the angels of God worship Him.'"
Jesus is prayed to
1.Acts 7:55-60 - "But being full of the Holy Spirit, he gazed intently into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God; 56 and he said, "Behold, I see the heavens opened up and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God." 57 But they cried out with a loud voice, and covered their ears, and they rushed upon him with one impulse. 58 And when they had driven him out of the city, they began stoning him, and the witnesses laid aside their robes at the feet of a young man named Saul. 59 And they went on stoning Stephen as he called upon the Lord and said, "Lord Jesus, receive my spirit!" 60 And falling on his knees, he cried out with a loud voice, "Lord, do not hold this sin against them!" And having said this, he fell asleep."
2.1 Cor. 1:1-2 - "Paul, called as an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and Sosthenes our brother, 2 to the church of God which is at Corinth, to those who have been sanctified in Christ Jesus, saints by calling, with all who in every place call upon the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, their Lord and ours." (The phrase, "to call upon the name of the Lord" is a phrase used to designate prayer.)
A.1 Kings 18:24 - "Then you call on the name of your god, and I will call on the name of the Lord, and the God who answers by fire, He is God." And all the people answered and said, "That is a good idea."
B.Zech. 13:9 - "And I will bring the third part through the fire, refine them as silver is refined, and test them as gold is tested. They will call on My name, and I will answer them; I will say, &#8216;They are My people,&#8217; and they will say, &#8216;The Lord is my God.&#8217;"

see link for rest of verses in article that prove that Jesus is God

I have my own ideas.

It won't stop me from speaking up.

I was totally brainwashed with that major load of bullschit as a child. It took me till I was over 60 to put it behind me. I'll speak up against it for the rest of my life. We're the only country in the world where 75% of the population believe that crap. Our forebears weren't Christians and Thomas Paine, John Adams, James Madison, Thomas Jefferson and others spoke out against the bible. George Washington didn't even attend church.

During the bloody civil war a group of religious zealots all but demanded that coins have "IN God We Trust" added...that was 1864 and during the McCarthy years, early1950s it was added to the currency and "Under God" was added to our pledge of allegiance. Give them an inch and they'll take a mile every time. When I learned the pledge of allegiance in 1943, 44 "Under God" wasn't in it. I like it better that way.

One more........ sorry for all the posts, but it must be shown...... :D

Jesus Christ has ALWAYS been. He was not created, He has ALWAYS been with the Father. Father, Spirit, Son - great mystery but all are God and have ALWAYS been.

Colossians 1:15-17

12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:

13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

We worship GOD. Jesus is a part of GOD manifested as a human being. The Holy Spirit is also a part of GOD. It is hard for us to comprehend the Trinity and explaining it is impossible without faith. GOD sent part of his being to this planet and Christ was born. Was Jesus part human and part GOD? Since he was born of woman did he have GOD's DNA and Mary's? We can only guess at that. Back in the day for the people to understand it was written that GOD sent his only begotten son. The people back then had no conception of beings being able to break off parts of themselves to form other beings. For them to understand it had to be delivered to them in their terms. That is why so many images in the Bible are terms of shepherds and locusts and the things that the people back then knew. Today we have evolved into a society that can comprehend, yes through science fiction, amazing things. We see creatures, bacteria and such, just split into a replica being. Jesus was but an extension of GOD. Yes, he while he was here he was a separate being but he was still a part of GOD.

Do we worship Jesus? Yes, but in the extent that Jesus is also GOD just as the Holy Ghost is of GOD. There would have been no need for Jesus if Adam and Eve had not succumbed to sin.

There are many theories on the Trinity. Which one is right? We cannot fully comprehend it. If you want to read some more about it here is someone that you may want to look at, Quintus Septimius Florens Tertullianus (Tertullian)

Amen. I'd rep ya again, but can't, lol. All Glory to God :)

Yep - these verses even say it's a great mystery - and God was manifest in the flesh. Shows the "Trinity' here.

1 Timothy 3:16
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

I have my own ideas.

Jesus is not an egotistical asshole. He is a great teacher. He didn't intend to be worshipped like a god or start a religion. He isn't a savior or a redeemer because original sin doesn't exist. No need for him to die for our sins. He died to show he was still human.

He came to show he was God and man, at one with the divine, and that if we practiced his path of wisdom and love we would achieve the same.

Jesus would be appalled by the Christian religion. He would say, "you guys just don't get it".

Last edited:
Sorry bout that,

1. To the above post, *just wow*.
2. Start a *new* religion, thats not going to float around here.
3. It may be a little hard to sell as well.
4. Jesus Christ is God, and deserves all the worship mankind can give.
5. Saying he isn't would be blasphemy.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

It won't stop me from speaking up.

I was totally brainwashed with that major load of bullschit as a child. It took me till I was over 60 to put it behind me. I'll speak up against it for the rest of my life. We're the only country in the world where 75% of the population believe that crap. Our forebears weren't Christians and Thomas Paine, John Adams, James Madison, Thomas Jefferson and others spoke out against the bible. George Washington didn't even attend church.

During the bloody civil war a group of religious zealots all but demanded that coins have "IN God We Trust" added...that was 1864 and during the McCarthy years, early1950s it was added to the currency and "Under God" was added to our pledge of allegiance. Give them an inch and they'll take a mile every time. When I learned the pledge of allegiance in 1943, 44 "Under God" wasn't in it. I like it better that way.

What are you afraid of??? You kinda remind me of my dad. He was raised in an "older" time Baptist church, very strict....when he grew up he got away from the church, he was basically forced to go as a child. When i was in my 40's i became a Christian. My mother was very ill, and when she passed away my dad asked me why God would make my mom suffer the way she did. I couldn't give him an answer, only tell him that God didn't do it. We talked and i have no idea if he ever accepted God after that. He's gone too now, and it breaks my heart that he may not have had God in his life before he died.

Do you have anyone in your family that is worried about your salvation?

I have my own ideas.

Jesus is not an egotistical asshole. He is a great teacher. He didn't intend to be worshipped like a god or start a religion. He isn't a savior or a redeemer because original sin doesn't exist. No need for him to die for our sins. He died to show he was still human.

He came to show he was God and man, at one with the divine, and that if we practiced his path of wisdom and love we would achieve the same.

Jesus would be appalled by the Christian religion. He would say, "you guys just don't get it".

Not true...We're to worship no other gods. There's no way you could, or should, try to rank yourself up there along with God. If you become a god, then people are going to "worship" you as their god, and that's going to end up taking people away from the one True God...and what you're supposed to be doing is bring people TO the one true God. Jesus is God in the flesh, and He would never have taught what you're saying.

Jesus words John 14 v6. " I am the way, the truth, and the life, no man comes to the father but through me." Not a hard question.

Exactly.

I don't think Jesus meant that people should worship him. I think he meant we should follow in his footsteps and cultivate wisdom and love.

Course, I would say that because I'm more interested in mystical meanings, than literal bible truth.

I also think Jesus meant to teach people that God is our very breath. Is our awareness itself. The part of ourselves that know ourselves to be. I think God is universal being and Jesus was individual being. He came to show through his example how we could be both.
You are completely wrong!!!

Tell me , Skydancer, what do YOU think it means?

I've already said what I think it means. I think Jesus came to show he was God and man, and that we are one and the same.

I don't think he came to be worshipped as a god or to start a religion. I think he came to wake people up to what we truly are in our essence.

I don't believe in original sin, so I don't think he came as a savior or redeemer in the way that Christianity teaches.
So you think we are gods according to your stupid answer. You are one confused individual.

Forum List

Back