I am so sick of books...

Discussion in 'Education' started by Semper Fi, Apr 18, 2006.

1. Semper Fi

Semper Fi VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +130
    ... that we read in school. The school's attempt at wanting me to enjoy reading and want to read make me not want to read at all. If they would just let us read books we would like to read, a lot smarter people would be produced.

Instead we read about racial issues. And that's it. The main character of the books we have read are never white, and rarely Christian. It's fine to integrate all ethnicities, including white Christians. I would like to read my Tom Clancy books, and my Micheal Savage books, and then great works of literature-in that order, not books on a black man's struggle in the 20th century.

I think I know what they are trying to do though. They want us to feel sorry for the minorities, but them forcing us to sympathize plants a seed of detest for the other races, and that's true, if a student has any free-thinking mind at all.

Which brings me to my next point. In my English class, everyone claims to be thinking "outside the box," where in reality, they are not. A student can say, "Yeah, I think racial minorities, African Americans (NEVER blacks), and women should get government hand-outs because they are people too." And the teacher gives them an A. I go the other way and say, "Well isn't that not equality to give blacks and women government hand-outs and not the whites? That goes against all the teachings and preachings of civil-rights movement leaders, and they would be apalled to hear you say that," or something like that. Yeah, I get a lot of wierd looks. They can't deny that I'm right though.

That's not what pisses me off though, what pisses me off is that the students claim they are thinking outside the box, which is what THOUSANDS of others and politicians have been saying for generations.

Hey, if Dan is allowed a quarterly rant, I should be able to too! :dance:

2. CrimsonWhite

CrimsonWhite *****istrator Emeritus Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,757
    Hold for college man. Just make sure it's not a liberal juggernaut. University of Alabama is fine choice. Great ROTC program too.

3. Semper Fi

Semper Fi VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +130
    Nah, I cant handle the heat. I'm looking at Norwich and of course the Naval Academy...dont know how realistic the latter is though.

4. The ClayTaurus

The ClayTaurus Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +333
    What books are you reading in class? I'm curious as to the titles...

5. The ClayTaurus

The ClayTaurus Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +333
    The Naval Academy gets quite hot in the summer, if heat is a concern to you.

6. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511

This is the guibebook for most liberal teachers. http://www.nelrc.org/changeagent/

7. Shattered

Shattered Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Welcome to adulthood.. You do what's required of you when you're on someone elses time, and then do what you want on your own time.

8. Hobbit

Hobbit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +421
    If you want the Naval Academy, start now. I got in, but it took a LOT of determination and I wasn't even able to stay very long. My sport was swimming, a low impact exercise. The crap I did at the Naval Academy abused even my strong bones enough that one broke, and I had to drop out.

Also, make sure you can memorize things quickly and then recite them with three large men screaming in your face the whole time.

9. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
    Uh? Hobbit? I didn't know you were gay. Weird. Here you are encouraging a young man to affiliate himself strictly with TheNavy? You know why The Navy carries Marines around,right? Cuz Sheep would be too obvious.

:)

hooah.

10. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    Semper Fi, if you're going to apply to one academy, I strongly, strongly suggest you apply to all three of them. If nothing else, you'll gain a bit of understanding and appreciation for the other branches, but also, if Annapolis doesn't take you for whatever reason, you have two other schools of equal caliber to fall back on.

Besides, West Point is way more prestigious! :D