I am disappointed in many of my conservative posters...

Mac1958 is wrong that we have one cycle. We have several but the sooner the better, because the Hispanic vote comes online big big time in 2020.

We can successfully reach out to women the next time by dropping the no abortion plank, substituting no abortion with exceptions for life and incest and rape.

We have to stop right now the war against gays and lesbians. No more. Period.

We repackage big government into social entitlement reform, budget cuts particularly in defense, and concentrate on elder needs.

So in other words...we abandon our principles and become leftists? Talk about indoctrination. If you can't beat them...join them, is your solution?

No, you abandon the idiocy of rightist social political dogma and return to traditional conservative principles:

Less government – that means less government in the bedroom as well, respect of privacy and reproductive rights.

Individual liberty – that means allowing all citizens equal protection of the law, including same-sex couples’ access to marriage law.

Fiscal responsibility – this means responsible governance, finding ways to reduce spending while protecting important government services and programs; pursuing a fiscal policy predicated on facts and pragmatism, not partisan myth and dogma.

Try it out, give it a chance – you literally have nothing to lose.

As long as these Liberals are free to smoke weed and suck each others dicks they don't really give a rat's ass about anything else the country goes through.
lots of Conservatives smoke weed and suck Dick Big Foot......

Uhmmmm, if they smoke weed and suck Dick? They're not REALLY conservatives, they just THINK they are. When, in reality, they're extremely confused leftists who have a demented sense of what being a conservative is.

Looks like you picked your screen name well, gramps.

As long as these Liberals are free to smoke weed and suck each others dicks they don't really give a rat's ass about anything else the country goes through.

Uhmmmm, if they smoke weed and suck Dick? They're not REALLY conservatives, they just THINK they are. When, in reality, they're extremely confused leftists who have a demented sense of what being a conservative is.

theyre not?.....i smoked weed for 30 years and some of those people i smoked with were pretty dam Conservative.....even today....maybe YOU have a demented sense of what being a Conservative is....if you think Conservatives dont smoke Pot....then i suggest you get out more.....

theyre not?.....i smoked weed for 30 years and some of those people i smoked with were pretty dam Conservative.....even today....maybe YOU have a demented sense of what being a Conservative is....if you think Conservatives dont smoke Pot....then i suggest you get out more.....

No they weren't conservative, when you were smoking pot with them. They may be now but, not at that time. And, I have absolutely no demented sense of what being a Conservative is. Conservative = good. Liberal = bad. If you engage in bad behavior, you = Liberal. If you engage in good behavior, you = conservative. You know...good and evil, positive and negative, Yin and yang? Being conservative means obeying the law, having manners, following the rules, being honest, etc. Being liberal means disobeying the law, having no manners, not following the rules, being dishonest, etc. Yes, we all engage in liberal behavior on occasion now and then when we let our inner leftist out to play but, some do it on a more frequent basis and, at a higher level. See, when I stole a piece of two-cent bubble gum when I was about 13-years-old? I'd be damned if I didn't let my inner liberal/leftist out. I vowed then and there to never allow that part of my liberal/leftist behavior to arise from the depths of my soul again. I felt bad acting like a liberal/leftist.

No they weren't conservative, when you were smoking pot with them. They may be now but, not at that time. And, I have absolutely no demented sense of what being a Conservative is. Conservative = good. Liberal = bad. If you engage in bad behavior, you = Liberal. If you engage in good behavior, you = conservative. You know...good and evil, positive and negative, Yin and yang? Being conservative means obeying the law, having manners, following the rules, being honest, etc. Being liberal means disobeying the law, having no manners, not following the rules, being dishonest, etc. Yes, we all engage in liberal behavior on occasion now and then when we let our inner leftist out to play but, some do it on a more frequent basis and, at a higher level. See, when I stole a piece of two-cent bubble gum when I was about 13-years-old? I'd be damned if I didn't let my inner liberal/leftist out. I vowed then and there to never allow that part of my liberal/leftist behavior to arise from the depths of my soul again. I felt bad acting like a liberal/leftist.

That's a crock. If personal behaviors dictated political affiliation, there wouldn't be an RNC left. The supposed "family values" group loves to hit up strip clubs after conventions, not to mention the retarded amount of sex scandals.

Mac1958 is wrong that we have one cycle. We have several but the sooner the better, because the Hispanic vote comes online big big time in 2020.

We can successfully reach out to women the next time by dropping the no abortion plank, substituting no abortion with exceptions for life and incest and rape.

We have to stop right now the war against gays and lesbians. No more. Period.

We repackage big government into social entitlement reform, budget cuts particularly in defense, and concentrate on elder needs.

So in other words...we abandon our principles and become leftists? Talk about indoctrination. If you can't beat them...join them, is your solution?

No, you abandon the idiocy of rightist social political dogma and return to traditional conservative principles:

Less government – that means less government in the bedroom as well, respect of privacy and reproductive rights.

Less government in the bedroom as well? When they start keeping it in the bedroom, I'll go right along with you. Respect of privacy? Want to elaborate on how someone's privacy is being infringed upon by the right? And, no one has reproductive "rights". It's just simply not in the Constitution. But, there are laws against murder and why should someone be allowed to abort their child when, if someone were to get in an automobile accident with a pregnant woman and that child were killed, the individual who got in the automobile accident with the woman would likely go to prison on some kind of murder charge? What about the "rights" of the unborn child? Leftists will appoint themselves the champions of animals, plants and, even insects, because the they can't speak for themselves so, why are they so opposed to conservatives appointing themselves champions of someone who can't speak for him/herself...the unborn child?

Individual liberty – that means allowing all citizens equal protection of the law, including same-sex couples’ access to marriage law.

They don't need to get married to have equal protection under the law and, no one, including heterosexuals, has a "right" to get married. That isn't in the Constitution either.

Fiscal responsibility – this means responsible governance, finding ways to reduce spending while protecting important government services and programs; pursuing a fiscal policy predicated on facts and pragmatism, not partisan myth and dogma.

I'm all with you here. However, to my knowledge, I haven't heard of anyone who isn't for protecting "important" government services. They may want to change them a little and make them more efficient and reduce the waste, fraud, etc., but I'm not aware of anyone who doesn't want to protect what are "important" government services. Further, by whose definition of "important" government services? While leftists may find some particular government service "important", others may find it not necessarily so "important". With the exception of your suggestion concerning spending, the rest pretty much sounds like leftist policies and, you might just as well be a leftist with a slight hint of conservatism in it, insofar as spending goes.

Sure we do. If we turn into leftists, we have quite a bit to lose.

That's a crock. If personal behaviors dictated political affiliation, there wouldn't be an RNC left. The supposed "family values" group loves to hit up strip clubs after conventions, not to mention the retarded amount of sex scandals.

Refer to what I believe I've said to you previously on this issue. You sound like a broken record.

Speak for yourself. And, that you make such a presumption? This only goes to demonstrate your ideals. You figure if you do it, everyone else must too. And, what do you know of what supposed "family values" group hits up strip clubs after conventions? You the one servicing them...or something?

No, they're in the papers because it's just that damned ironic when a political group that espouses family values gives strip clubs a boom night when they're in town.

Consider yourself schooled.

The soc cons' moral agenda is out the window.

Practice your religion in your churches and at home, not in the public forum.

We are done with you guys.

like i said.....if you dont think Conservatives smoke pot TODAY....and im talking over the age of 30....then you had better get out more.....but then if you and YOUR fellow Conservatives dont smoke it.....you would never know,would ya?.....where i live there are lots of Republican/Conservatives.....and i know a quite a few who still smoke it when the opportunity arises ......and dont tell me these guys are not Conservative just because they smoke Pot or are for its legalization.....thats being pretty naive....

Less government in the bedroom as well? When they start keeping it in the bedroom, I'll go right along with you. Respect of privacy? Want to elaborate on how someone's privacy is being infringed upon by the right? And, no one has reproductive "rights". It's just simply not in the Constitution. But, there are laws against murder and why should someone be allowed to abort their child when, if someone were to get in an automobile accident with a pregnant woman and that child were killed, the individual who got in the automobile accident with the woman would likely go to prison on some kind of murder charge? What about the "rights" of the unborn child? Leftists will appoint themselves the champions of animals, plants and, even insects, because the they can't speak for themselves so, why are they so opposed to conservatives appointing themselves champions of someone who can't speak for him/herself...the unborn child?

They don't need to get married to have equal protection under the law and, no one, including heterosexuals, has a "right" to get married. That isn't in the Constitution either.

I'm all with you here. However, to my knowledge, I haven't heard of anyone who isn't for protecting "important" government services. They may want to change them a little and make them more efficient and reduce the waste, fraud, etc., but I'm not aware of anyone who doesn't want to protect what are "important" government services. Further, by whose definition of "important" government services? While leftists may find some particular government service "important", others may find it not necessarily so "important". With the exception of your suggestion concerning spending, the rest pretty much sounds like leftist policies and, you might just as well be a leftist with a slight hint of conservatism in it, insofar as spending goes.

Sure we do. If we turn into leftists, we have quite a bit to lose.

In addition to abandoning the idiocy of rightist social political dogma, obviously many conservatives need to education themselves as to the Constitution and its case law, such as the doctrines of substantive due process, equal protection of the law, and the fact that marriage is indeed a fundamental right:

[D]ecisions of [the Supreme] Court confirm that the right to marry is of fundamental importance for all individuals.

FindLaw | Cases and Codes

We lost an important election. That loss does not require that we all act like a bunch of meniacal partisan jackasses.

We have work to do within our own ranks and crying fowl does nothing for our cause. Except maybe make us look small and petty.

No election was stolen. No great injustice was done. We lost both with moderate and conservative candidates. Thus our problem is within not without. We have a message and branding problem. No ammount of crying about the election outcome will change that.

Just my two cents

The Republican Party has to learn to include those with more moderate views. It doesn't mean they need to completely agree, but they need to stop driving those people from the party. At present, there is no room in the party for those who believe in fiscal responsibility yet do not always believe that getting there involves cutting taxes, and who have more moderate views on social issues. If you're Richard Lugar, you are called a RINO and you are not wanted. Only Richard Mourdock types are now accepted into the party. Well, personally, i was a Richard Lugar type, and now I am no longer a Republican. As far as I'm concerned, if all you want is a party of Richard Mourdocks, then have at it.

When you see that people like Mourdock and Akin both lost in very Republican states, it's time to rethink things. Allen West is another example. If you want to make the Republican Party relevant again, do not fall for the notion that you lost because you weren't conservative enough. Honestly, it has nothing to do with how conservative the candidates are. It has to do with pushing away anyone with a somewhat differing view. For the same reason that Republicans refuse to deal with Dems in the House in a fiscally responsible way, Republicans continue to believe in "my way or the highway" governance. Simply stated, it's not working.

Forum List

Back