I am back, sortof.

I am back so all ye reasonable ones rejoice and ye partisan parrots cower in fear of reason and logic.

Well sort of back, will be posting some.
Will be avoiding fruitless arguments with idiots though.

Oh great. Another Palin loving tea bagger jumps back in the fray......... :eusa_whistle:

And what is wrong with palin? She got us a gas line from alaska built didn't she?

I am back so all ye reasonable ones rejoice and ye partisan parrots cower in fear of reason and logic.

Well sort of back, will be posting some.
Will be avoiding fruitless arguments with idiots though.

Oh great. Another Palin loving tea bagger jumps back in the fray......... :eusa_whistle:

And what is wrong with palin? She got us a gas line from alaska built didn't she?

Hey but I can see Virginia from my back deck.......... Can she........ ?
(Well, maybe. If she's standing on my back deck.....)

Last edited:
Welcome back USC, assuming I'm not one of the 'idjits' you have on ignore so you'll see this. But the more the merrier I always say. Sometimes say. I said it tonight.

So let me get this straight.... You have been saying for about a year that you are going to die soon. I don't get all of your posts so I don't know what of. You HAD to leave for a while..meaning "treatment"?? making it difficult to post or think about the MB. So now you are home ..still in the wheelchair?? Now please don't get me wrong because this isn't my business except you put your situation here so it is everyone's business as much as anything floating around here is... Are you still going to die soon? How long do the doctors think you have? And..as much as I enjoy the people that post here ... there are only a tiny handful that are not hiding most of who they really are... and what you get is a very guarded made up persona .. meaning..this isn't very real.

So...Why would an intelligent guy such as yourself want to be here and not on a cruise ship or something like that. You did say you had plenty of money. Is it pets or something that keeps you tied to the home and coincidentally have access to the puter and USMB? I don't need a response if these questions make you uncomfortable.

So let me get this straight.... You have been saying for about a year that you are going to die soon. I don't get all of your posts so I don't know what of. You HAD to leave for a while..meaning "treatment"?? making it difficult to post or think about the MB. So now you are home ..still in the wheelchair?? Now please don't get me wrong because this isn't my business except you put your situation here so it is everyone's business as much as anything floating around here is... Are you still going to die soon? How long do the doctors think you have? And..as much as I enjoy the people that post here ... there are only a tiny handful that are not hiding most of who they really are... and what you get is a very guarded made up persona .. meaning..this isn't very real.

So...Why would an intelligent guy such as yourself want to be here and not on a cruise ship or something like that. You did say you had plenty of money. Is it pets or something that keeps you tied to the home and coincidentally have access to the puter and USMB? I don't need a response if these questions make you uncomfortable.

I am pretty much wheelchair bound moving around is quite painful. I take oxycodone and have a morphine pump travelling is pretty much out.
Besides I never wanted to stay in a big hotel on water with 5000 other people when I was healthy. I have friends and family around here, and am pretty much a loner type anyway.

And no I went for no treatment, I am on pain control (sortof) only.
As for how much time left? I am about 9 months or so over my doctors estimate, so who knows? My quality of life is still better than a quality of death so far. doctoe wants me in a hospice type of place but I ain't goin to die in a crowede motel type of place where people wake me up to give me a sleeping pill and such. Pill poor food, etc

I would much rather be sitting on my back porch reading a book than on a cruise ship, at a resort, etc even if fully healthy.

Here I can piddle on my workbench a bit still or like the other day out in my workshop helping by guiding a friend to fix his boat motor and chatting while smoking and drinking a dew. Heck can you even smoke on the cruise ships now?
I get to live my schedule and live my way within my physical limitations.

Last edited:

I am pretty much wheelchair bound moving around is quite painful. I take oxycodone and have a morphine pump travelling is pretty much out.
Besides I never wanted to stay in a big hotel on water with 5000 other people when I was healthy. I have friends and family around here, and am pretty much a loner type anyway.

And no I went for no treatment, I am on pain control (sortof) only.
As for how much time left? I am about 9 months or so over my doctors estimate, so who knows? My quality of life is still better than a quality of death so far. doctoe wants me in a hospice type of place but I ain't goin to die in a crowede motel type of place where people wake me up to give me a sleeping pill and such. Pill poor fook, etc

I would much rather be sitting on my back porch reading a book than on a cruise ship, at a resort, etc even if fully healthy.

Here I can piddle on my workbench a bit still or like the other day out in my workshop helping by guiding a friend to fix his boat motor and chatting while smoking and drinking a dew. Heck can you even smoke on the cruise ships now?
I get to live my schedule and live my way within my physical limitations.

Ya...I don't know what is allowed on those boats as far as someone in your situation. I always thought cruises were lame until I went on one. Now I would do it just for the food and service. I'm sure they accommodate smokers. Well as long as you are happy doing what you are doing I guess that is all that is important.

Welcome back US! Don't know how I missed this.

If you're familiar with the 351W, I may just have to drive this old Bronco up there and let you guide me through replacing the rings. I'll get it wrong, it will still blow oil (doesn't leak, just eats oil), but we could kill an appreciable amount of Old Forester, even more brain cells, and solve all the world's OTHER problems (that don't involve a leaking 351) :)

Welcome back!

If you're familiar with the 351W, I may just have to drive this old Bronco up there and let you guide me through replacing the rings. I'll get it wrong, it will still blow oil (doesn't leak, just eats oil), but we could kill an appreciable amount of Old Forester, even more brain cells, and solve all the world's OTHER problems (that don't involve a leaking 351) :)

Welcome back!

That is normal operation for a 351 windsor with many miles on it :)

Old Forester? Good shine is much better.

Welcome back!

Most Ford motors suck a lot of oil through the valve guides especially since lead was removed from gas. The secret to good ring installation is the bore cross hatching, ring fitting (the ring end gap) and the spacing on installation (120 deg separation/rotation on piston lands)

Welcome back!

Yeah, but this one was crated, and now has less than 15K on it. I kept trying to get the rings to seat, tried the heavier oils, non-detergent, everything.....now I'm convinced its just that some moron at the factory put the wrong rings in it. I'm stumped.

Welcome back!

Most Ford motors suck a lot of oil through the valve guides especially since lead was removed from gas. The secret to good ring installation is the bore cross hatching, ring fitting (the ring end gap) and the spacing on installation (120 deg separation/rotation on piston lands)

I hired a guy back at Christmas to work in one of my shops. Come to find out about a week ago, he was a certified BMW mechanic, and cut his teeth on Mustangs :)

So.....

We're going to try the valve seals and everything else he can think of this week. Then if its still blowing oil, out it comes and we go for the rings.

Its all good, as I was going to do a complete restoration on it this summer anyway since I recently acquired the original top and doors that came on the truck (not repros or replacements, but the actual set that came on the truck).

Forum List

Back