I am a Theistic Evolutionist, and I would Like to discuss With Christians Opposed

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
I am so sick of the idiocy the lamers and trolls demonstrate in 'defending' evolutionary theory with Creationists.

I would like a civil discussion somewhere on this board where the trolls and dicks like Daws would be unable to troll and derail the thread.

Can we do that on this message board?

You need either the clean debate zone or Bull Ring where it is just whom you invite. See the rules.

I'm busy and this debate is not really on my agenda.

You need either the clean debate zone or Bull Ring where it is just whom you invite. See the rules.

I'm busy and this debate is not really on my agenda.

Cool, thanks.

And good luck with your agenda.

I am a Theistic Evolutionist, and I would Like to discuss With Christians Opposed
I am so sick of the idiocy the lamers and trolls demonstrate in 'defending' evolutionary theory with Creationists.

I would like a civil discussion somewhere on this board where the trolls and dicks like Daws would be unable to troll and derail the thread.

I believe that God created distinct creatures at distinct times.....I am not a young earther, I do not treat Genesis 1:2 through 2:1 literally.....I believe that evolution describes the process by which, for example, the family of felines is broken down to everything from housecats to saber tooth tigers.....I do NOT believe that evolution describes the transition of everything from single celled organisms to humans.....

I am always prepared to have a civil discussion......if there is anything about the above you care to contest, I am here.....

Last edited:

I believe that God created distinct creatures at distinct times.....I am not a young earther, I do not treat Genesis 1:2 through 2:1 literally.....I believe that evolution describes the process by which, for example, the family of felines is broken down to everything from housecats to saber tooth tigers.....I do NOT believe that evolution describes the transition of everything from single celled organisms to humans.....

I am always prepared to have a civil discussion......if there is anything about the above you care to contest, I am here.....

Yeah, I think I am going to send out PMS asking who would like to participate/read the discussion, then set it up.

You seem to have a good calm head on your shoulders and I think it would be interesting if you did take part.

What does Theistic Evolutionist mean? Not being a smart-ass, just curious.

The phrase, as I understand it and use it asserts that God created everything, but He used a naturalistic means of doing so that is best defined by science.

To be more specific, yes, there is design to the universe and a purpose to it and mankind, but these are outside the purview of science, and within that narrow range, evolution is the best explanation of how the various species have come to exist.

As a catholic this is a fair description of TE and the churches history of evolutionary theory.

Catholic Church and evolution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The phrase, as I understand it and use it asserts that God created everything, but He used a naturalistic means of doing so that is best defined by science.

To be more specific, yes, there is design to the universe and a purpose to it and mankind, but these are outside the purview of science, and within that narrow range, evolution is the best explanation of how the various species have come to exist.

As a catholic this is a fair description of TE and the churches history of evolutionary theory.

Thanks. This seems to fit with my interpretation of the present-day state of the universe.

I think that we humans are only capable of interpreting the state of things after the onset of the point at which physical matter came into being, or as you put it, the "naturalistic means". Science is incapable of defining anything prior.

Any real "thinking" person would know the human body and brain= the most well designed,most complex things in the known universe could never just evolve by accident and time.Just one strand human dna contains more information than a large room of books and no way evolved by accident and time!!! man even with the aid of supercomputers can create even one living bug!!!! GET REAL!!!

Any real "thinking" person would know the human body and brain= the most well designed,most complex things in the known universe could never just evolve by accident and time.Just one strand human dna contains more information than a large room of books and no way evolved by accident and time!!! man even with the aid of supercomputers can create even one living bug!!!! GET REAL!!!

Neither evolution nor time are accident. And of time, you have no concept.

You pathetic fuck.

Neither evolution nor time are accident. And of time, you have no concept.

You pathetic fuck.

There are huge complexities in nature that seem to defy the idea that they could happen entirely randomly. I suspect a lot of short cuts have taken place over time.

While God may have providentially guided much of evolution, I suspect that we may have had a lot of DNA dropped onto our planet by asteroids from other much older solar systems that had life on them as well. Though obviously dead, bacteria do tend to absorb DNA from genetic debris they consume. This then would have been picked up by some viruses and t he viruses transfer to more complex organisms.

No evidence, just a hunch based on what we already know about how the universe works. All the material in our bodies, such as carbon, developed inside stars that exploded sending their material throughout the local region. And just as that carbon came here, so too might have fragments of previously developed life.

ROFLMAO!!! DNA "DROPPPED" ON TO EARTH????? The fool has said in his heart, “There is no God,”
They are corrupt, and have committed abominable injustice;
There is no one who does good PSALM 53:1

ROFLMAO!!! DNA "DROPPPED" ON TO EARTH????? The fool has said in his heart, “There is no God,”
They are corrupt, and have committed abominable injustice;
There is no one who does good PSALM 53:1

Well, there is one who wont get an invite, lol.

I can give you some food for thought.

Prufrock's Lair: Abiogenesis: The Unholy Grail of Atheism

Prufrock's Lair: Elementary, My Dear Watson: A Rebuttal of Ken Ham's "Days of Decline in the Church"

Prufrock's Lair: Labsci and I Discuss Evolution

Prufrock's Lair: Spiritual Particles of Empirical Substance?! I debate Immune to Indoctrination

See also: http://www.usmessageboard.com/science-and-technology/341290-discarding-darwin-4.html#post8676084

I'll address any questions or concerns you might have. . . .

Didn't know there was a name for it, but I've always rectified the issue with the phrase,

"In the beginning, G-d created the heavens and the earth...And set it about to work by way of the sciences."

Forum List

Back