Friends of God

lightshedder

Rookie
Mar 6, 2014
Could I have known of God had He not made me ? What do I know about God ? Very little, indeed. Yet, I know He could have stayed "alone" and not bothered to make anything. He was God, magnanimous and magnificient, free and self-sufficient. But He was too beautiful not to be known. He was too generous not to share His beauty. But with whom ? He was God and nothing could be like Him. Nothing could match up to Him. Nor did He need anything or anybody. It’s by the grace of God that He made the world to share not only His beauty but also His bounty. He made Heaven, beautiful in every sense of the word. He made it not for Himself. (He didn’t need it.) He made it for Man. And why Man ? (Good jinns are also entitled to Heaven.) Well, only a man can know God ! The whole world, including jinns, could worship God in the most perfect way. But only a man can know God –even if his worship is flawed. God said : "Neither My Earth nor My Sky has been vast enough to hold Me, but the heart of My believing slave has !" In the Koran we read : "He ( Solomon) said : 'O chiefs! Which of you will bring me her (Queen Balqees) throne before they come unto me, surrendering? A stalwart of the Jinn said : I will bring it thee before thou canst rise from thy place. Lo! I verily am strong and trusty for such work. One with whom was knowledge of the Scripture (i.e. a human!) said : I will bring it thee before thy gaze returneth unto thee." (An-Naml : 38-40) Yes, when a man is a true slave of God (i.e. humble enough to learn more), he can "see" how beautiful God is, how bountiful God is. Such a man could see that Hell is too good a place for disbelievers. Such a man, even if he were the poorest man on earth, would see hismelf the richest. Such a man, even if he were the most wretched of the earth, would consider himself the happiest. Such men are few, but have always existed. Be they Jews, Christians, Muslims –they’re quite the same. They’re knowledgeable people and they use their brains and hearts to know God more and more. And the more they know Him the more they love Him, the more they fear Him. Neither poverty nor illness, nor any misfortune befalling them, their family or anybody else, would affect their love for God. In fact, they see themselves as the least worshipers, as the least likely to deserve a place in Heaven. Not that they are fools or worthless. They are smart and successful. The Koran says : "Hast thou not seen that Allah causeth water to fall from the sky, and We produce therewith fruit of divers hues; and among the hills are streaks white and red, of divers hues, and (others) raven black; And of men and beasts and cattle, in like manner, divers hues? The erudite among His bondsmen fear Allah alone." (Fatir : 27) Only they see what other people don’t. They see God in everything. They see Him in the rose and in the thorn, in the darkest hour and in dawn. And they’re always eager to know more. Yet, they have a self-contradiction ! While they long to meet God –which can only happen after death–, they would love to live on and on to know more and more about God. These people see the world in perpetual motion while others see it as static. They see how, whatever Man does, it’s God who will lead him as He pleases. They see how God would even use earthquakes and wars and all sorts of calamities to remind Man of Heaven when Man does not want to see anything but the life of this world. They see that despite all these calamities life remains beautiful ! People find time for joy even in war times ! Ask any woman about labour, she’ll say awful. Ask her about the first smile of her baby, she’ll say something else. A man who knows God sees the baby’s smile before the baby is born ! And because a man who knows God is like anybody else –a human being– God made Angels to kneel to Man, and made the earth and the skies and even jinns to serve Man.The Koran says : "And verily We tried Solomon, and set upon his throne a (mere) body. Then did he repent. He said : My Lord! Forgive me and bestow on me sovereignty such shall not belong to any after me. Lo! Thou art the Bestower. So We made the wind subservient unto him, setting fair by his command whithersoever he intended. And the unruly, every builder and diver (made We subservient), And others linked together in chains, (Saying) : This is Our gift, so bestow thou, or withhold, without reckoning." (Sad : 34-39) Also about Solomon : "And there were gathered together unto Solomon his armies of the jinn and humankind, and of the birds, and they were set in battle order." (An-Naml : 17) The funny thing is that if you ask such a man whether he knows God, the only answer you’ll get from him is a smile ! If you wish to know more about these blessed men, read about them in books –for you may never come across one. Such books are available in English. Just look for them, and read them to see how a man could become a friend of God.

Forum List

Back