I am $2800 poorer on paper today because of a Trump tweet

I own 600 shares of Enbridge Energy--a Canadian company that has oil pipelines in North America.

Trump is demanding that Canadian companies use U.S. made steel when they build their pipelines.

His tweet about this caused EEP shares to plummet $4.71 .

I am holding on to these shares. I am sure they will rebound.

Trump is a stupid jerk.
Investing in foreign companies during the Trump era. Not too smart are you?

Indeed, the Dow jumps to 20'000 and he says to himself "lets invest in Canada." The Dow is up well over 1,300 since Trump was elected. Confidence in American markets are higher than they've been in the past eight years. And this guy says "Let's invest in Canada."

I own 600 shares of Enbridge Energy--a Canadian company that has oil pipelines in North America.

Trump is demanding that Canadian companies use U.S. made steel when they build their pipelines.

Trump is a stupid jerk.

Indeed, the Dow jumps to 20'000 and he says to himself "lets invest in Canada." The Dow is up well over 1,300 since Trump was elected. Confidence in American markets are higher than they've been in the past eight years. And this guy says "Let's invest in Canada."

Liberal investor?

Trump is a stupid jerk.

Liberal investor?

Not sure. I don't see why a liberal would invest in a carbon heavy foreign industry when he could be investing in a perfectly good subsidized but failing solar industry right here in the good ol US of A. I've got a hot stock tip for him: Solyndra

Trump is a stupid jerk.

Personally I dont mess around in the market while a liberal is in the white house.
While i'm sure there are ways to make money i do just fine waiting for conservative rule.
This rule has served me well over the last fifty years.

Trump is a stupid jerk.

Personally I dont mess around in the market while a liberal is in the white house.
While i'm sure there are ways to make money i do just fine waiting for conservative rule.
This rule has served me well over the last fifty years.

This is also the reason we've had 30 years of Republican Secretary of Defens's until an ideologue entered the White House in 2008. Never trust a liberal on the economy, foreign policy, or national defense. This has been the rule for every democrat post LBJ.

Trump is a stupid jerk.

...and this is the reason that I have sold almost all of my stocks, until the Loose Cannon-in-Chief causes a market meltdown. He will continue to artificially manipulate the public market, until he goes full metal jacket, and starts a trade war.

Trump is a stupid jerk.

...and this is the reason that I have sold almost all of my stocks, until the Loose Cannon-in-Chief causes a market meltdown. He will continue to artificially manipulate the public market, until he goes full metal jacket, and starts a trade war.

8 years of the largest market manipulations in the history of the United States and now he's got a problem. Amazing how the opinions change with the drapes in the White House.

Trump is a stupid jerk.

8 years of the largest market manipulations in the history of the United States and now he's got a problem. Amazing how the opinions change with the drapes in the White House.

I will admit that Trump has made the manipulations more efficient. Before Trump, the rich paid Wall Street to manipulate the market. Trump has successfully cut out the middleman, and simply does it himself, with his tweeter..

Trump is a stupid jerk.

Smarter than you.

I bought those shares 3 or 4 years before Trump was elected.

It now has a 9% yield and it will come back.

I bought an additional 100 shares yesterday after it fell to $21.15.

Don't know much about the stock market, do you?

Trump is a stupid jerk.

I read how his tweets can make the stock markets go up or down..

I thought by you liberals always saying a president don't effect anything?

Trump is a stupid jerk.

No liberals said that. You are full of shit.

Trump is a stupid jerk.

No liberals said that. You are full of shit.

Me thinks you should dump your stocks.. This is a new ball game. You're going to have to read this sun of bitch..

He is not a liberal or a conservative.. He just cares about America like I have never seen a president do in my 51 years alive

Trump is a stupid jerk.

I will admit that Trump has made the manipulations more efficient. Before Trump, the rich paid Wall Street to manipulate the market. Trump has successfully cut out the middleman, and simply does it himself, with his tweeter..

Who was it again that got the most Wall Street and corporate contributions in the 2016 presidential election?

Trump is a stupid jerk.

Who was it again that got the most Wall Street and corporate contributions in the 2016 presidential election?

Right, and Trump, of course, relates best to coal miners, rather than the rich. We know that is true, because he wore a hard hat when he talked to miners in West Virginia. the only reason why his entire cabinet is made up of some of the wealthiest people in America is that he doesn't want to take people away from the middle and lower socioeconomic classes because of the important work that they are doing. His Goldman Saks cabinet member is, of course, as pure as the driven snow. His Labor Secretary will do a great job, if he ever gets his legal problems solved with the employees of his fast food chain.

Trump is a stupid jerk.

Right, and Trump, of course, relates best to coal miners, rather than the rich. We know that is true, because he wore a hard hat when he talked to miners in West Virginia. the only reason why his entire cabinet is made up of some of the wealthiest people in America is that he doesn't want to take people away from the middle and lower socioeconomic classes because of the important work that they are doing. His Goldman Saks cabinet member is, of course, as pure as the driven snow. His Labor Secretary will do a great job, if he ever gets his legal problems solved with the employees of his fast food chain.

Indeed, he should have hired your local mail man to run the treasury. Ponder on that for a while and you'll see the error of your thought.

Indeed, he should have hired your local mail man to run the treasury. Ponder on that for a while and you'll see the error of your thought.

Why not? His cabinet choices are classic in their total inexperience. The only ones that even understand their jobs are the Wall Street appointees.

Why not? His cabinet choices are classic in their total inexperience. The only ones that even understand their jobs are the Wall Street appointees.

I wouldn't go that far. Obama had the ideological cabinet. Aside from Ben Carson Trump has the realist cabinet. Obamas picks were those of political friendship and ideology. Trumps, in most part, were to get things done. On the whole Trump has certainly got the most professional cabinet in my lifetime. The adults are back at the table once again.

So you telling us Obama's was world class leaders?

So you telling us Obama's was world class leaders?

The Obama cabinet was among the worst cabinets in the history of the United States. He hired a National security advisor who was a political pollster with no experience in national security, when selecting his last secretary of defense he was turned down by his top 6 or 7 choices because none of them wanted to serve under him, his first national security advisor tore his cabinet a new asshole in a book after he left the White House, and his priorities to his cabinet members were not to get things done for the American people but to concentrate on race, class, and gender. From his dangerous and feckless foreign policy to his ideological domestic policy the world got worseand nothing was achieved at home. 8 years later no one can honestly say he accomplished anything and if they tried they couldn't come up with a list of good that exceeded the bad. Worst president in my lifetime. The difference between the Obama cabinet and the Trump cabinet is night and day. The adults are back in the Whitehouse. The ideological red diaper babies have been booted once again.

I wouldn't go that far. Obama had the ideological cabinet. Aside from Ben Carson Trump has the realist cabinet. Obamas picks were those of political friendship and ideology. Trumps, in most part, were to get things done. On the whole Trump has certainly got the most professional cabinet in my lifetime. The adults are back at the table once again.

Not true, at all. The cabinet appointees are obviously picked based on their ability to get things UNdone, or, at least on their ability to practice passive aggressiveness.

Forum List

Back