I always say libs want to let criminals go, and it's true historically. Now California...

miketx

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2015
Wants to eliminate bail or greatly reduce it, allowing criminals to basically go free. Nice huh?

California considers an end to bail: ‘We’re punishing people simply for being poor’

Pure scum.

California considers an end to bail: ‘We’re punishing people simply for being poor’

February 04, 2017 12:01 AM

Updated February 05, 2017 09:50 AM

On any given day, most inmates in California jails have not yet been convicted of a crime.

About 63 percent are being held awaiting trial, according to data collected by the Board of State and Community Corrections, an average of nearly 47,000 people. Federal statistics on the largest urban counties show that from 2000 to 2009, California kept unsentenced felony defendants in jail at nearly twice the rate of the rest of the country.

For state Sen. Bob Hertzberg, the problem is clear: Bail is “just too expensive.” The median amount in the state is $50,000, according to the Public Policy Institute of California, five times higher than the national average.

Too many Californians find themselves stuck in custody because they cannot afford to bail out, the Los Angeles Democrat said, a personal crisis that can ripple across their lives

The point is, they haven't been convicted, and many wait months--sometimes years--for their trials. If they ARE convicted, they've got a chunk of time served already, but what if the charges are dropped or they are found innocent? How is all that time in jail "fair?"

I have seen a lot of really dangerous bastards out on bail who probably shouldn't be, still dealing drugs, illegally arming themselves and attacking/stalking women, so I can see both sides of this one. The article did say that folks charged with violent crimes would not be included in this "no cash bail" policy.

I understand that this new Bill gives a free pass to felonies also.

Here’s an idea: if you are alarmed at the escalating insanity at the State Capitol in CA, boycott CA. Just don’t plan to visit. Spend your touring money elsewhere. If you like warm beaches, go to Florida or Baja. If you like mountains, go to Colorado. If you like to drink wine, visit you states quaint wine tasting. Just stay out of California. It’s a crime infested homeless, illegal immigrant-sanctuary Mecca HIV infested liberal shithole with some of the highest sales, service & bed taxes in the nation. She’s like a filthy old whore with body lice & STDs who looks in the mirror & still thinks the goods are just great. She’s “the Golden State” don’tcha know...

Well, she was until Jerry Brown & his Sacramento clowns took over...

Sounds like California needs to appoint a LOT more judges, to get rid of the backlog.

Wants to eliminate bail or greatly reduce it, allowing criminals to basically go free. Nice huh?

Pure scum.

On any given day, most inmates in California jails have not yet been convicted of a crime.

About 63 percent are being held awaiting trial, according to data collected by the Board of State and Community Corrections, an average of nearly 47,000 people. Federal statistics on the largest urban counties show that from 2000 to 2009, California kept unsentenced felony defendants in jail at nearly twice the rate of the rest of the country.

For state Sen. Bob Hertzberg, the problem is clear: Bail is “just too expensive.” The median amount in the state is $50,000, according to the Public Policy Institute of California, five times higher than the national average.

Too many Californians find themselves stuck in custody because they cannot afford to bail out, the Los Angeles Democrat said, a personal crisis that can ripple across their lives
You may be right.
Democrats let Nixon go and they let Bush go.
And they’ll probably let trump go.

Democrats let criminals go but Republicans let terrorists go like bin Laden.

• Banned
The point is, they haven't been convicted, and many wait months--sometimes years--for their trials. If they ARE convicted, they've got a chunk of time served already, but what if the charges are dropped or they are found innocent? How is all that time in jail "fair?"

I have seen a lot of really dangerous bastards out on bail who probably shouldn't be, still dealing drugs, illegally arming themselves and attacking/stalking women, so I can see both sides of this one. The article did say that folks charged with violent crimes would not be included in this "no cash bail" policy.
Awwww, poor criminals got caught and have to stay in jail because they didn't steal enough to pay bail. Poor things.

• Banned

Pure scum.

You may be right.
Democrats let Nixon go and they let Bush go.
And they’ll probably let trump go.

Democrats let criminals go but Republicans let terrorists go like bin Laden.
Your sickness is not contagious I hope.

It would be a monumental mistake to get rid of bail. I can’t even begin to understand the kind of reasoning of someone who thinks this is a good idea. “Let’s let them back out to commit more crimes—murderers, rapists, whoever! We can’t be discriminating against the poor and that’s what is REALLY important!”

Complete and utter idiocy.

• Banned
It would be a monumental mistake to get rid of bail. I can’t even begin to understand the kind of reasoning of someone who thinks this is a good idea. “Let’s let them back out to commit more crimes—murderers, rapists, whoever! We can’t be discriminating against the poor and that’s what is REALLY important!”

I have been reading a lot about serial killers, spree killers and just other heinous crimes. In many cases these killers had been incarcerated for violent crimes and released where they promptly returned to crime.

Just because they haven’t been charged with a violent crime doesn’t mean they’re not violent. What if they got caught for something minor bc someone ratted on them and bc of the no bail rule they’re let out and subsequently allowed to get revenge on the person who turned them in? Will that revenge be assault? Murder? Murder of a loved one?

It's reading to me like the State of CA in their greed raised bail fees to 5x the national average. That's not right.

I have been reading a lot about serial killers, spree killers and just other heinous crimes. In many cases these killers had been incarcerated for violent crimes and released where they promptly returned to crime.

Those who fit the category of serial killers pretty much can’t help their compulsion to kill.

Just because they haven’t been charged with a violent crime doesn’t mean they’re not violent. What if they got caught for something minor bc someone ratted on them and bc of the no bail rule they’re let out and subsequently allowed to get revenge on the person who turned them in? Will that revenge be assault? Murder? Murder of a loved one?
lol, so true. People are if anything, short sighted. When I was new at the prison, I asked the classification manager one day if there were any murderers locked up there. Her answer startled me and made me think. She said there were no people convicted of murder incarcerated here.

Those who fit the category of serial killers pretty much can’t help their compulsion to kill.
I agree, and apparently liberals can't help themselves when they release them to kill again.

It's reading to me like the State of CA in their greed raised bail fees to 5x the national average. That's not right.
I agree but it's also not right to release them. I suppose what all this madness out there adds up to is that California is a diseased mind dead infected shit hole of stellar proportion.

I agree but it's also not right to release them. I suppose what all this madness out there adds up to is that California is a diseased mind dead infected shit hole of stellar proportion.

All they have to do is lower the bail rates to normal.

Pure scum.

STEAMING PILES OF BULLSHIT! But thanks for playing. WE WANT CRIMINALS behind bars. And we want that silly CONSTITUTIONAL 'thing' about 'fair and speedy' trials to actually be CONDUCTED.

We're FUNNY that way.

Forum List

Back