I agree with Joe Scarborough

I've never been negged for disapproving of pedophilia. Says alot about your morals.

I've never had to explain a neg for the stupid... but I will. You didn't get negged for disapproving of it. You got negged for raising it to deflect attention.... the topic is not pedophilia.

I do apologize thought... I had forgotten how desperate liberals like to misrepresent the truth.

When the Catholic Church is the topic, the topic is always pedophilia.

Shall I make it more 'topical'? Apparently it's okay for priests to fuck children,

as long as they DON"T use a condom...

reported, asshat.

Those offended hospitals can follow in these footsteps:

The parent company of Mercy Gilbert Medical Center and Chandler Regional Medical Center has a new name and new governing structure, both reflecting changes to its relationship with the Catholic church.
Dignity Health is the new name for Catholic Healthcare West, which operates more than 25 Catholic hospitals - including Mercy Gilbert and Phoenix's St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center - and 15 non-Catholic hospitals; Chandler Regional is among the company's non-Catholic facilities

Owner of Gilbert, Chandler hospitals breaks away from Catholic church - East Valley Tribune: East Valley Local News

Have I missed something? When did they pass the amendment guaranteeing freedom of banking?

The idiot California Girl claims that non-profit businesses don't have to comply with business/labor law because they're not actually businesses. I know, it's retarded, but take it up with her.

I was NOT agreeing with you, you fool. Religion is protected from government interference, not banks. Please try to keep up.

Catholic, Muslim or Hindu, when you become a banker (or run a school, or a hospital), you ARE subject to government 'interfence'.

You unintentionally proved my point.

There is no difference. If an employer gives an employee money for labor, the employee can buy contraceptives, pay for an abortion. If an employer gives an employee healthcare coverage in lieu of cash, the same could happen, depending on the coverage.

Compromise:

Let the churches modify the insurance coverage, provided they compensate the employees in cash for the value of the contraceptive coverage, or whatever other coverage they're bitching about.

We're not gonna compromise. We do not fund abortion. Period. End of conversation. Your government - out of my church.

We're already providing this country with massive amounts of support - we are second only to the government itself in providing care for the poor of America. You claim to be the ones who care about the poor... fucking prove it and support the Church's call for a waiver..... just like all those fucking for profit big businesses who didn't need to compromise.

This law doesn't apply to the Church. It applies to Church affiliated BUSINESSES.

Oh, btw, the President will cave. Few people have the principles I do. :lol:

What makes you think the hospitals are not part of the church?

As for principles, you wouldn't know a principle if it slapped you in the face. Joe Scarborough, and everyone else on Morning Joe, all have principles. They think that the separation of church and state means that the church does not tell the state what to do, and that the state does not tell the church what to do.That is a principle, what you have is a Romney convenience meter. and it is stuck on fail. Don't try to get a refund though, they are all stuck in the same position.

No one's come close to refuting anything I've said.

Besides, this does not require the Church to buy contraception for employees. It only makes contraception available as part of an employee's compensation for work.

Why does the Church pay its employees MONEY, when they can use that MONEY to buy contraceptives, or pay for an abortion for that matter?

What is the difference?

Wow. This is beyond dumb.

If you pay a person to kill someone, do you really need it explained why that is different than paying someone who works for you who then buys a gun to kill someone?

Last edited:
My position IS separation of church and state. Giving a particular church's businesses special exemptions from the law of the land based on some peculiar dogma of that Church is clearly a violation of separation.

What part of "or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;" is so damned hard for you to grasp?

:clap2:

The Constitution seems to have lost its importance these days.... but I am pleased to see that Obama admits that it's getting in his way of 'fundamentally transforming' our country.

God Bless the Founders! Those dudes rocked!

Yes we did.

Those offended hospitals can follow in these footsteps:

The parent company of Mercy Gilbert Medical Center and Chandler Regional Medical Center has a new name and new governing structure, both reflecting changes to its relationship with the Catholic church.
Dignity Health is the new name for Catholic Healthcare West, which operates more than 25 Catholic hospitals - including Mercy Gilbert and Phoenix's St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center - and 15 non-Catholic hospitals; Chandler Regional is among the company's non-Catholic facilities

Owner of Gilbert, Chandler hospitals breaks away from Catholic church - East Valley Tribune: East Valley Local News

Why should they?

If anything, the Church of the Holy Pedophiles should still be asking for forgiveness,

not special favors.

They have asked for forgiveness, and are not asking for special favors,

Asking for a special exemption from a certain part of a law that will be your special privilege based on your special status

is by definition a 'special favor'.

That's no surprise to me. Catholics take their duty to provide these services very seriously. One in every six Americans needing hospital treatment receives it from one of our hospitals.

Our charities helps over 8 million Americans every year.

We give billions of dollars every year to help our fellow Americans. $5.7 in healthcare alone.

Our Charity was one of only 4 of the top 400 charities that increased its donations during the recession.

Catholics give an incredible amount to this country. We ask nothing in return... except that the government gets the hell out of our religious duty.

And it's no wonder. They do wonderful work

Obama's regime is doing everything he can to destroy it in favour of Gubmint control.

He's bitten off more than he can chew, and has picked the wrong fight.

We really do. I'm so damned proud of the work my Church does... it's my honor to cut them a check every month.

No other organization does more for Americans than we do. We totally rock! :lol:

I actually prefer to give my money, and time, to another church, the Salvation Army. That does not mean I do not understand your church's efforts to help people and the work it does, I just prefer working with them.

If anything, the Church of the Holy Pedophiles should still be asking for forgiveness,

not special favors.

Asking for a special exemption from a certain part of a law that will be your special privilege based on your special status

Exactly. This isn't a freedom of religion issue. It's a freedom issue. No one should be dictated to in this fashion.

Obama's regime is doing everything he can to destroy it in favour of Gubmint control.

We really do. I'm so damned proud of the work my Church does... it's my honor to cut them a check every month.

No other organization does more for Americans than we do. We totally rock! :lol:

I actually prefer to give my money, and time, to another church, the Salvation Army. That does not mean I do not understand your church's efforts to help people and the work it does, I just prefer working with them.

I've not only donated to the Sally Army, we've (their church and mine) have worked together locally with homeless people.

I am not a member of the Catholic Faith, but I see the peril posed BY Obama, and know *I* am next. I stand with them in defiance.

There's no reason religions should get a pass from these intrusive laws. Freedom of religion isn't about religions getting special treatment - it's about keeping government out of the business of endorsing, or condemning, any particular religions. It doesn't mean churches don't have to follow the law.

A very good hospital here is St Marys... top rate catholic hospital. I dont go there becasue i dont want priests or nuns coming and condoling with me. Granted they are doing a nice thing... but i dont want it. I go somewhere else and check dont send anyone on "religion." My choice of where i want to go.

Seaton is another catholic hospital here.... again top rate. They refused to do a sex change surgery. Why would you demand a hospital that does not agree with sex change do one?

Its about choice. You know what you are walking into when you go in.... a religious institution.

No one's come close to refuting anything I've said.

Besides, this does not require the Church to buy contraception for employees. It only makes contraception available as part of an employee's compensation for work.

Why does the Church pay its employees MONEY, when they can use that MONEY to buy contraceptives, or pay for an abortion for that matter?

What is the difference?

Wow. This is beyond dumb.

If you pay a person to kill someone, do you really need it explained why that is different than paying someone who works for you who then buys a gun to kill someone?

These Catholic businesses are not being required to buy contraception for employees, nor are the employees required to use the coverage.

Exactly. This isn't a freedom of religion issue. It's a freedom issue. No one should be dictated to in this fashion.

What I find fascinating is that none of the drooling borgs of the ObamaNation had a problem with massive businesses getting 'special favors'.... it's only when it's a faith based organization that suddenly it's a problem. Weird. It's almost like they have an agenda behind it.

Forum List

Back