I agree with Joe Scarborough

If you don't understand the difference, I would suggest you are not of a sufficient intellectual level to discuss the topic.

There is no difference. If an employer gives an employee money for labor, the employee can buy contraceptives, pay for an abortion. If an employer gives an employee healthcare coverage in lieu of cash, the same could happen, depending on the coverage.

Compromise:

Let the churches modify the insurance coverage, provided they compensate the employees in cash for the value of the contraceptive coverage, or whatever other coverage they're bitching about.
WHY don't you just admit that your fight belongs in the purview of that they are based in religion, and YOU can't tolerate religion?

Let us get down to brass tacks here and dispense with the bullsqueeze you are dishing out to say it? :eusa_hand:

Clearly, the issue is because we are a religion. There was no howling and insisting on 'compromise' with the big bad evil corporations... nope, they got waivers... and they were only interested in the cost.... we have a moral objection.... so no waiver for us... therefore this is a war on the Catholic Church.

It looks to me like the Obama decision to force the Catholic Church to provide things against its religion is so bad only hacks can agree with it.

If you are offended by the theology of the Catholic church, then do not work for Catholic institutions.

Morning Joe blog - Scarborough, Brzezinski, Sharpton discuss Obama Catholic ruling

If churches can't conduct businesses according to US law, then they should stick to the non-business realm of organized religion.

So what happened to that "Separation of church and state" that you like to spout off about? Does it only work they way you say, or is it absolute?

If you don't understand the difference, I would suggest you are not of a sufficient intellectual level to discuss the topic.

There is no difference. If an employer gives an employee money for labor, the employee can buy contraceptives, pay for an abortion. If an employer gives an employee healthcare coverage in lieu of cash, the same could happen, depending on the coverage.

Compromise:

Let the churches modify the insurance coverage, provided they compensate the employees in cash for the value of the contraceptive coverage, or whatever other coverage they're bitching about.

We're not gonna compromise. We do not fund abortion. Period. End of conversation. Your government - out of my church.

We're already providing this country with massive amounts of support - we are second only to the government itself in providing care for the poor of America. You claim to be the ones who care about the poor... fucking prove it and support the Church's call for a waiver..... just like all those fucking for profit big businesses who didn't need to compromise.

This law doesn't apply to the Church. It applies to Church affiliated BUSINESSES.

Oh, btw, the President will cave. Few people have the principles I do. :lol:

Compromise:

WHY don't you just admit that your fight belongs in the purview of that they are based in religion, and YOU can't tolerate religion?

Let us get down to brass tacks here and dispense with the bullsqueeze you are dishing out to say it? :eusa_hand:

Clearly, the issue is because we are a religion. There was no howling and insisting on 'compromise' with the big bad evil corporations... nope, they got waivers... and they were only interested in the cost.... we have a moral objection.... so no waiver for us... therefore this is a war on the Catholic Church.
First they came for the Catholics...ad infinitum...

Next target is...?

And they're big right here in my home town...they are rated very good in thier care and follow up.

That's no surprise to me. Catholics take their duty to provide these services very seriously. One in every six Americans needing hospital treatment receives it from one of our hospitals.

Our charities helps over 8 million Americans every year.

We give billions of dollars every year to help our fellow Americans. $5.7 in healthcare alone.

Our Charity was one of only 4 of the top 400 charities that increased its donations during the recession.

Catholics give an incredible amount to this country. We ask nothing in return... except that the government gets the hell out of our religious duty.

And it's no wonder. They do wonderful work

Obama's regime is doing everything he can to destroy it in favour of Gubmint control.

He's bitten off more than he can chew, and has picked the wrong fight.

We really do. I'm so damned proud of the work my Church does... it's my honor to cut them a check every month.

No other organization does more for Americans than we do. We totally rock! :lol:

Compromise:

We're not gonna compromise. We do not fund abortion. Period. End of conversation. Your government - out of my church.

We're already providing this country with massive amounts of support - we are second only to the government itself in providing care for the poor of America. You claim to be the ones who care about the poor... fucking prove it and support the Church's call for a waiver..... just like all those fucking for profit big businesses who didn't need to compromise.

This law doesn't apply to the Church. It applies to Church affiliated BUSINESSES.

Your 'principles' this country does not need.

Your President will lose this fight though - in that, you are absolutely correct.

And, negged for the asinine whine about pedophiles... sign of a lost argument... start bitching about something completely irrelevant. So, fuck off.

It looks to me like the Obama decision to force the Catholic Church to provide things against its religion is so bad only hacks can agree with it.

Morning Joe blog - Scarborough, Brzezinski, Sharpton discuss Obama Catholic ruling

If churches can't conduct businesses according to US law, then they should stick to the non-business realm of organized religion.

So what happened to that "Separation of church and state" that you like to spout off about? Does it only work they way you say, or is it absolute?

My position IS separation of church and state. Giving a particular church's businesses special exemptions from the law of the land based on some peculiar dogma of that Church is clearly a violation of separation.

Your President will lose this fight though - in that, you are absolutely correct.

And, negged for the asinine whine about pedophiles... sign of a lost argument... start bitching about something completely irrelevant. So, fuck off.

I have thoroughlt peer reviewed this posting and find it to be based upon historical accuracy of the poster in question and his history.

There is no law that prohibits a church from running a hospital. There is, however, a regulation that will not withstand court scrutiny that is attempting to do so.

We don't 'run businesses', we run non profits. The Church does not make money from our programs. It costs us money. Money that would otherwise have to come from the taxpayer.

So? Are non-profit hospitals exempt from regulations regarding medical practices, licensing, etc., just because they're non-profit? Is a credit union exempt from regulations regarding sound banking practices just because it's non-profit?

Have I missed something? When did they pass the amendment guaranteeing freedom of banking?

Next target is...?

We've faced and stood against far bigger foes than that jack ass and his cronies. And we're still standing.... they aren't. :eusa_angel:

On behalf of the country's religious - regardless of creed - we will fight this tyranny and we will win.

And, God Willing, come November, people of every faith will remember this and vote that bastard out of office.

I've never been negged for disapproving of pedophilia. Says alot about your morals.

I've never been negged for disapproving of pedophilia. Says alot about your morals.
Translation: "Why am I here..."?

The Catholic Church is one of the three great evils in the world.

Along with Islam and the Republican Party.

We don't 'run businesses', we run non profits. The Church does not make money from our programs. It costs us money. Money that would otherwise have to come from the taxpayer.

So? Are non-profit hospitals exempt from regulations regarding medical practices, licensing, etc., just because they're non-profit? Is a credit union exempt from regulations regarding sound banking practices just because it's non-profit?

Have I missed something? When did they pass the amendment guaranteeing freedom of banking?

The idiot California Girl claims that non-profit businesses don't have to comply with business/labor law because they're not actually businesses. I know, it's retarded, but take it up with her.

Next target is...?

We've faced and stood against far bigger foes than that jack ass and his cronies. And we're still standing.... they aren't. :eusa_angel:

On behalf of the country's religious - regardless of creed - we will fight this tyranny and we will win.

And, God Willing, come November, people of every faith will remember this and vote that bastard out of office.
Pertinent...Good v. Evil, and recognizing the difference.

Compromise:

The Church might get waivers if they went union.

I've never had to explain a neg for the stupid... but I will. You didn't get negged for disapproving of it. You got negged for raising it to deflect attention.... the topic is not pedophilia.

I do apologize thought... I had forgotten how desperate liberals like to misrepresent the truth.

Compromise:

Thank f'ing God!

Forum List

Back