Humans Are not made to travel into Space. Its a waste of Money.

I see bodie, the village idiot, has chimed in with her obligatory laughing emoji.

Typical, too stupid to engage in discussion, and too cowardly to try and learn something.

Many studies have shown that space travel is not good for Humans beings. We are Earth bound creatures not born to travel into the zero gravity of space. All the money being spent on space travel, could be best spent on Earth. We still have world hunger and many problems here on Earth. Lets stop all this Mars rover missions, and spaceEX launches now.!!

Mankinds survival REQUIRES that we master space travel.

Moot point

Only if you're a moron.

You planning on living a couple hundred million years? Take your vitamins.

Many studies have shown that space travel is not good for Humans beings. We are Earth bound creatures not born to travel into the zero gravity of space. All the money being spent on space travel, could be best spent on Earth. We still have world hunger and many problems here on Earth. Lets stop all this Mars rover missions, and spaceEX launches now.!!

What is wrong with the planet we have?

Sure. Kind of like humans were not made to travel for months across oceans.

Thousand died

We are talking years in space and then a lifetime on a questionably inhabitable planet

It is singular. One big ass rock will end civilization, and possibly life on this planet at some time in its future unless we do something to prevent that. In all of this worlds history, we are the only creatures capable of preventing an asteroid strike.

Thousand died

We are talking years in space and then a lifetime on a questionably inhabitable planet

You anti science types crack me up. Man is a technological creature. We MAKE things that allow us to advance. THAT is progress. You people instead choose regressive policies that only create a two tiered civilization, the rich and the poor. And nothing happens until the next catastrophe.

Take a look through all of history and you will find one very important fact, every "sustainable" civilization that has ever existed, failed when a natural disaster occurred.

Moot point

Only if you're a moron.

No, but I would like mankind to be able to.

Don't you? Or are you the typical small minded person who only cares about the here and now?

I've just watched Kubrick's A Space Odyssey. Millions of miles from Earth on the Jupiter mission, and still not at the destination!

I didn't understand the ending. Having read the book some years ago to understand the ending, and then having understood it, I've forgotten what I understood. So I'm back to square one. :dunno:

... Hmm ...

„Unheimlich ist das menschliche Dasein und immer noch ohne Sinn […]. Ich will die Menschen den Sinn ihres Seins lehren: welcher ist der Übermensch, der Blitz aus der dunklen Wolke Mensch.“

Friedrich Nietzsche

"... [...], I will teach men the meaning of their existence: the Superman, the lightning out of the dark cloud- man.”
Friedrich Nietzsche

“Not a bad thing to know something about darkness. You can’t talk about light without some knowledge of darkness. Like your buddy Nietzsche said, 'He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.”
Kazuki Kaneshiro

But I guess you do not know more now, because you still don't speak Extraterrestrian.

Arthur C Clarke wrote it.

Not Nietsche. Or that other bloke you mentioned.

Wasn't Clarke an atheist? If he was, then he put in one of the references to the monolith to be a representation of God. The movie doesn't explicitly state it as such, but this interpretation comes out in the discussion afterward since the movie is not explained (which I enjoyed immensely as such). It's on the level of complex movies such as Mulholland Drive (2001).

Not really. The Earth is more sturdy than that. However, it would be nice to have an option besides space stations. We may or may not be able to become multi-planetary, but it does not mean that we should not try. Humans would become the first aliens.

Moot point

Only if you're a moron.

Don't you? Or are you the typical small minded person who only cares about the here and now?

Do you realize the scale of time we’re talking about? The chances that our species will still exist by the time finding a new planet is imperative are ridiculously small and so far beyond the experience of anyone or anything remotely related to you that for all intents and purposes it is a theoretical matter at most.

Thousand died

You anti science types crack me up. Man is a technological creature. We MAKE things that allow us to advance. ...

No, things make us advance.

Moot point

Only if you're a moron.

Do you realize the scale of time we’re talking about? The chances that our species will still exist by the time finding a new planet is imperative are ridiculously small and so far beyond the experience of anyone or anything remotely related to you that for all intents and purposes it is a theoretical matter at most.

Yeah, I do. We will be engaged in real spaceflight, not this planetary mode we are stuck in now, within 100 years. It will probably not be FTL travel, but it will be interstellar travel.

Thousand died

You anti science types crack me up. Man is a technological creature. We MAKE things that allow us to advance. ...

No, things make us advance.

Yes, they do. Things allow man to spend time thinking. Just think, 150 years ago it took months to cross the USA. Now, it is hours. All of those hours not spent engaged in the arduous task of travel, can be spent in creation. Things allow creation. Creation drive progress.

The type of thinking that is a waste of money is thinking that we have to find a new planet. The Earth can survive quite handily. AGW is no threat.

NASA proposes that we send humans to Mars in order to find evidence of alien life or past alien life. If they find that Mars can be colonized, then it is a side benefit. That said, Mars likely will not be able to be colonized as it is too harsh for human life.

We should explore for the sake of exploration. That is in our genes, literally. We should try to learn as much as we can about the universe for the sake of knowledge itself. That is what makes us human.

Yabut, trump says he expects us to be on Mars by the time he leaves office.

LOL

I agree with your post.

It is singular. One big ass rock will end civilization, and possibly life on this planet at some time in its future unless we do something to prevent that. In all of this worlds history, we are the only creatures capable of preventing an asteroid strike.

In the event of a global cataclism, we are better suited to colonize the ocean floor than some distant planet

Think of the logistics of bringing supplies to build a colony a couple of hundred feet underwater vs light years away

We should explore for the sake of exploration. That is in our genes, literally. We should try to learn as much as we can about the universe for the sake of knowledge itself. That is what makes us human.

Explore with robots

They are easier to feed and we don’t care if they are destroyed

Thousand died

You anti science types crack me up. Man is a technological creature. We MAKE things that allow us to advance. THAT is progress. You people instead choose regressive policies that only create a two tiered civilization, the rich and the poor. And nothing happens until the next catastrophe.

Take a look through all of history and you will find one very important fact, every "sustainable" civilization that has ever existed, failed when a natural disaster occurred.
Not anti science

I support space exploration
Our greatest tool has been the Hubble telescope
Our second greatest tool has been unmanned rovers
Our third greatest tool has been unmanned space probes

Human travel does not make my list

Forum List

Back