Humans Are not made to travel into Space. Its a waste of Money.

Many studies have shown that space travel is not good for Humans beings. We are Earth bound creatures not born to travel into the zero gravity of space. All the money being spent on space travel, could be best spent on Earth. We still have world hunger and many problems here on Earth. Lets stop all this Mars rover missions, and spaceEX launches now.!!
Robotics is progressing rapidly and there are some that are getting fairly close to matching human maneuverability. Once we have that, what would be the purpose of sending humans into space especially for missions such as exploring the surface of Mars?
Because its there.
Why do people still suffer Everest and pay handsomely for it?
The drive to explore and expand our horizons is deep rooted in humans and has got us to this point. No robot or drone cuts it for me. I want to see it personally if at all possible. Next evolutionary step is as a space faring species.
All life wishes to spread.

Many studies have shown that space travel is not good for Humans beings. We are Earth bound creatures not born to travel into the zero gravity of space. All the money being spent on space travel, could be best spent on Earth. We still have world hunger and many problems here on Earth. Lets stop all this Mars rover missions, and spaceEX launches now.!!

I'm going to have to disagree with you here.

I would love for people to go to Mars.

I hear they have a lot of nice red rocks, shiny ones too.

I think that is cool.

No, it is around 70%. Look up "The Bible as History."

It's your argument. Explain it or else you don't have an argument. Just assertions.

As are yours. You rely on faith to drive your opinion that the Bible is infallible. I rely on factual observations to tell me that while the Bible is remarkably accurate in some areas, it is far from accurate in others. One example of where the Bible is wrong is in Deuteronomy where it is claimed the people of Canaan were eliminated. DNA evidence has shown that to not be true.

There are many others.

Continuity and Admixture in the Last Five Millennia of Levantine History from Ancient Canaanite and Present-Day Lebanese Genome Sequences

https://www.cell.com/ajhg/fulltext/S0002-9297(17)30276-8

What agency, within the entire government of the United States has the greatest ROI, Return on Investment?

Are you being facetious? Is that your purpose here or is being a Troll your goal?

Do we have wings, or fins?

What goal do you have in mind if we shut down NASA? Who would fill the void?

Robotics is progressing rapidly and there are some that are getting fairly close to matching human maneuverability. Once we have that, what would be the purpose of sending humans into space especially for missions such as exploring the surface of Mars?
Because its there.
The drive to explore and expand our horizons is deep rooted in humans and has got us to this point. No robot or drone cuts it for me. I want to see it personally if at all possible. Next evolutionary step is as a space faring species.
I'm talking about the extreme risk AND the extreme cost involved in manned space exploration. With robots you don't need food, water, poop and pee disposal, heat, and a host of other accommodations for human space travel. If it is deemed feasible to setup a colony on the moon or mars, then go to the next phase and send people. As always JMO.

Because its there.
I'm talking about the extreme risk AND the extreme cost involved in manned space exploration. With robots you don't need food, water, poop and pee disposal, heat, and a host of other accommodations for human space travel. If it is deemed feasible to setup a colony on the moon or mars, then go to the next phase and send people. As always JMO.
Until we can reduce payload costs, any colony is a long way off. It would have to be self sustaining at some point. I just believe at some distant future humankind will establish itself offworld. I see it as a long term inevitably.
Build the equatorial elevator...
images (98).jpeg

The earth is just far enough from an abnormally small star with the moon to balance the climate out just so for our survival with a magnetic core to protect us from murderous radiation from space.

And we will live apart from the earth how exactly?

One example of where the Bible is wrong is in Deuteronomy where it is claimed the people of Canaan were eliminated. DNA evidence has shown that to not be true.

After Moses’ death, Joshua was called by God to lead the people of Israel to take the promised land. He delivered on this this, but even though soldiers held a long campaign against the Canaanites, there remained several pockets of Canaanites in Israel after the land had been divided among the twelve tribes.

"Failure to Complete the Conquest

27 bManasseh did not drive out the inhabitants of Beth-shean and its villages, or Taanach and its villages, or the inhabitants of Dor and its villages, or the inhabitants of Ibleam and its villages, or the inhabitants of Megiddo and its villages, for the Canaanites persisted in dwelling in that land. 28 When Israel grew strong, they put the Canaanites to forced labor, but did not drive them out completely.

29 cAnd Ephraim did not drive out the Canaanites who lived in Gezer, so the Canaanites lived in Gezer among them.

30 Zebulun did not drive out the inhabitants of Kitron, or the inhabitants of dNahalol, so the Canaanites lived among them, but became subject to forced labor.

31 eAsher did not drive out the inhabitants of Acco, or the inhabitants of Sidon or of Ahlab or of Achzib or of Helbah or of Aphik or of Rehob, 32 so the Asherites lived among the Canaanites, the inhabitants of the land, for they did not drive them out.

33 Naphtali did not drive out the inhabitants of fBeth-shemesh, or the inhabitants of Beth-anath, so they lived among the Canaanites, the inhabitants of the land. Nevertheless, the inhabitants of Beth-shemesh and of Beth-anath became subject to forced labor for them.

34 gThe Amorites pressed the people of Dan back into the hill country, for they did not allow them to come down to the plain. 35 The Amorites persisted in dwelling in Mount Heres, hin Aijalon, and in Shaalbim, but the hand of the house of Joseph rested heavily on them, and they became subject to forced labor. 36 And the border of the Amorites ran from ithe ascent of Akrabbim, from Sela and upward.
Judges 1:27-36

The remaining Canaanites were turned to forced labor, but many strongholds remained in the land causing trouble for the Israelis, so you missed some parts. Maybe you believed the evil God theory too much.

If you want the complete explanation, then it's in AIG as grace was offered by God:

"Was grace offered to the Canaanites? Yes, for those who would repent and believe God. The very first battle in the Promised Land introduced us to Rahab, a Canaanite prostitute who lived in Jericho (Joshua 2:1). She and her family were spared from the destruction of the city and its inhabitants because of her new obedient faith in God (Joshua 6:25; Hebrews 11:31; James 2:25). What’s more, Rahab even has a prominent place in the genealogy of David and the Lord Jesus Christ (Matthew 1:5)."

Do Ancient Canaanite Remains Discredit the Bible?

The earth is just far enough from an abnormally small star with the moon to balance the climate out just so for our survival with a magnetic core to protect us from murderous radiation from space.

And we will live apart from the earth how exactly?

Technology. Just think, a short 150 years ago airplanes were things of myth and fantasy. It took months to cross the USA. Now we do it in mere hours. Amazing what a little bit of tech will get you.

Forum List

Back