Huge rise in debt in California since 2003

California is a basket-case. I wouldn't be surprised if they default one day.

I was shocked to hear that there is a constitutional amendment putting government workers at the top of all liability claims of the state. That's madness.

It is. Cities, counties, and the state are cutting workers for essential services just to fund excessive pensions and blackmail citizens into increased taxes.

The problem with California is direct democracy.

They voted themselves caps on tax hikes. What they don't vote for is reduction in service. And they wanted to get tough on crime.

Longer prison sentences+No service cuts+No tax hikes = Huge Deficit.

spending above pop growth + spending ahead of inflation + defined pensions plans+ bond measures for wacky shit= deficit.

WC doesn't grok.

A stranger in a strange land? Yep, I'm that when I engage a member of the echo chamber.

Really?

That's surprising. The echo chamber appears to be your comfort zone.

You're really not very bright, are you?

:lol:tsk tsk.

apparently not, I am still responding to your posts eh?

no, they aren't, 24 states raised taxes in the last 14 months, BUT you are free to show me a comparative "trouble" chart . Humm NY, NJ...Mass....who else is even in our class?

See, I already know the answer, but I want you to do your own homework because I KNOW you don't.

Did you read the Johnson family saga above? IF you did, and I doubt you did, read it and think. Frame it with the ideology that is currently enjoying popularity.
I know, thinking is hard work, but try it. Simple solutions as well as made up statistics do not make a strong argument - in fact they are convincing that you are not very bright.

when someone starts the heart tug squeeze box its usually because they don't have a cogent point to make. wow whatdoyano???

If all you got from that little example was a 'heart tug' you're even dumber than I believe you are.

see, you can continue to be insulting, its on you, I am not the one looking like the intellectually bankrupt ingrate.......you know? Feel free bro.

California could not raise taxes, the minority prevented it and created the mess (along with the majority we 'enjoy' today).

I never said they did, jesus christ, I SAID we spent ahead of pop growth and inflation, and I said thank god we kept that 2/3's rule BUT even they raised FEES...and the flood gates are now open, the 2/3s top pass a budget eh? prop what 25 was approved? whatever it was.....and highly regressive 'fees' at that. if you want to discuss this leave your partisanship and selective angst at the door, it gets you no where. AND the rep.s have caved, before and they will again. The problem is SPENDING.

California is a basket-case. I wouldn't be surprised if they default one day.

bingo. one day they will tell those poor slobs who took the state ious they are screwed because someone in Scaremento needs a sex change op..oh wait thats SF, my bad.

But in all seriousness, we have already passed the cross over point. The tax burden you have to lay on the citizens of this state would be so high that is it impossible even for dems to agree to and frankly it would destroy whats left of the tax base here bus wise. yes sir you are right, we will. bet on it.

I was shocked to hear that there is a constitutional amendment putting government workers at the top of all liability claims of the state. That's madness.

yup.

It is. Cities, counties, and the state are cutting workers for essential services just to fund excessive pensions and blackmail citizens into increased taxes.

Once again, simple thinking. 'Excessive' pensions are paid to those who provided essential services?; it's called "Safety Retirement". Maybe the pension is not so excessive?

Home many times have you entered a burning building looking for someone trapped?
How many times have you gone into a darkened building looking for a prowler, or stopped a vehicle on a country road - and hour or more from back-up?
How many times have you served a warrant at a property of known and violent criminals?
How many holiday's have you spent away from your family, protecting other families?

Most government employees don't receive the benefits of Safety Retirement. Your argument is one more canard in the tool box of the callous conservatives. You don't know the facts, you simply post what you hear without looking into the facts.
Yes, I get a generous retirement. I earned it. Next time an emergency breaks out, call your insurance agent, or banker, I'm sure they'll jump out of bed and come to your rescue.

They are excessive, you poor little booby.

The pension levels were justified based on highly inflated projections of investment returns (far higher than a private pension would assume). Instead of cutting back benefits when the projections turned out wrong, the unions and state legislators colluded to make sure the taxpayer got stuck with the problem.

Once again, simple thinking. 'Excessive' pensions are paid to those who provided essential services?; it's called "Safety Retirement". Maybe the pension is not so excessive?

Home many times have you entered a burning building looking for someone trapped?
How many times have you gone into a darkened building looking for a prowler, or stopped a vehicle on a country road - and hour or more from back-up?
How many times have you served a warrant at a property of known and violent criminals?
How many holiday's have you spent away from your family, protecting other families?

Most government employees don't receive the benefits of Safety Retirement. Your argument is one more canard in the tool box of the callous conservatives. You don't know the facts, you simply post what you hear without looking into the facts.
Yes, I get a generous retirement. I earned it. Next time an emergency breaks out, call your insurance agent, or banker, I'm sure they'll jump out of bed and come to your rescue.

:boohoo::mm:

:boohoo::mm:

LMAO, you think I'm whinning? I earned what I have, and what I have in retirement is likely much much more than you will ever earn.
Post what you earn, and what you expect to earn if you retire at age 56 (as I did). Then, I'll be happy to post what I earn today, simply to watch you whine.
BTW, envy is one of the seven deadly sins.

dude, you really are warped. seriously. you don't know how futile this kind of conversation is, what are you 12? .....which is why you are warped for even bringing something like this up.

Huge rise in debt in California since 2003

From 2001 to 2008, there was a huge rise in the debt all over the United States.

dude, you really are warped. seriously. you don't know how futile this kind of conversation is, what are you 12? .....which is why you are warped for even bringing something like this up.

"dude"? LMAO, how old are you? I'm usually referred to as Mr. Wry or Sir. No one has called me dude in my memory.
Of course, I'm not sure your post was directed at me, it might help the reader if your posts were a bit 'tighter'.

WC doesn't grok.

A stranger in a strange land? Yep, I'm that when I engage a member of the echo chamber.

and what echo chamber do you echo Wry?....

I suppose you were trying to be glib, better leave that to others, Harry. If you don't understand who and what the echo chamber is, I would hope you might consider a brief observation attibuted to Aristotle: "Know thyself"; obviously you haven't made and effort.

So I guess the right have given up their drive to change the constitution so Arnold could become president?

Forum List

Back