Huge Advance In Education!

"Public School Teachers Continue To Insist Their Jobs Are Non-Essential
August 4th, 2020
article-6725-2.jpg

U.S.—Public school teachers gathered outside the schoolhouses of the nation this week, continuing to insist quite adamantly that their jobs are non-essential.

“We need to lockdown all non-essential work, like teaching, due to the coronavirus pandemic,” stated one teacher protesting outside her local elementary school. “What we do in the classroom is really not adding the kind of value to your children’s upbringing that we should risk spreading the virus.”
“If you look at the graduation rates, standardized test scores, and the studies that indicate public schools aren’t preparing students for the real world, believe me, we’re not doing your child any favors,” she added.
Another teacher holding a sign which read ‘Don’t Make Us Work!’ quickly chimed in, “But we should still be paid until there is a vaccine. People are suffering in this crisis, essential workers and non-essential workers alike, and we all just need to get through this together. God bless our essential workers.”

At publishing time, the protesters had ordered food delivery and more protesting supplies that arrived to them thanks to the hard work of actual essential workers."

I was given one pack of 50 wipes for the school year...this literally wont make it to the end of the first day. That's my district's plan for combating Covid. I'm not against going to brick and mortar school but make it safe for students and faculty if you're going to do so.

How much would it cost you to buy another?

Let's base it on this:

Those age 50-64 were better but still not great. At 0.14% Infection Fatality Rate Estimate, that's 14 deaths for every 10,000 infections. For people in this age group, it's about 14 times more dangerous than influenza. But from there, the Infection Fatality Rate Estimate drops dramatically. Those age 20-49 have a 0.0092%, or nine deaths per 100,000 infections. As for children age 10-19, the rate drops to 0.00032%, or three deaths per 1 MILLION infections.

It's understandable that mainstream media and Democrats do not want this information known because it would eliminate the need for locking down the nation, at least for those under 50-years-old. But why isn't the White House addressing it? This study is tailor-made for the reopening narrative.

I'm not saying the media isn't blowing it out of proportion because they are. But do you really think that one pack of 50 wipes is sufficient enough?

Currently 10 packs of 10 wipes costs $30 (plus tax) on Amazon. This is for a generic off-brand I chose the first one that came up in my search and Amazon has it listed as the best value. I have provided the link below. That is $0.30 per wipe. I usually have between 160-175 students per school year. Let's go conservative and say I have 150 this year. We have been told by our superintendent that our classes will be the same sizes as usual since the students doing online learning will be taught by teachers at our schools, thus 50% of the students will be taught by 50% of the teachers.

Now with 150 students let's say 140 show up to school every day. That would require 140 wipes per day.

140 X 0.30 = 42

I would have to spend $42 a day on wipes alone. This does not included sales tax I'd have to pay, and again is on the conservative side of the number of students.

Source:

Amazon.com: Cleaning Wipes, 10 Packs 75% Disposable Wipes Adult Wipes, Hand Wipes,Skin Toys Wipes (10pack=100pcs) PDLA05: Health & Personal Care

Again is one pack of 50 wipes sufficient to protect my students and myself? Is it reasonable to expect me to pay nearly $50 per day on supplies to keep my students and myself safe?

Hard to imagine the quantity you're claiming.

The only teachers who can claim 'danger' are the oldest ones.

And they're earning over 100k.....buy the darn wipes.......

.....it's tax deductible.

I make about $45K, that's a far cry from $100K. No teacher in my district makes over $65 on teacher pay alone, let alone $100K. Some make a few grand more for coaching, having more responsibilities at the school (like being a department head)-but not a single teacher in my district makes $100K. Not even close. Not even teachers who've been there 35 years.

School supplies are no longer tax deductible for teachers after $250. That would get me through the first week and that's about it. That's not counting all of the other supplies I have to purchase for my classroom and getting a tax break on them.

Hard to believe I have at least 140 students? As a high school teacher how many students do you really think I have every day? Last year I had 158 students enrolled the first day of classes. Of course some students move, some move in, etc. so the numbers fluctuate a little bit but it remains within 3-4 of that number.

So again I ask you is it reasonable for me to spend that much that on wipes per day to secure the safety of my students as well as myself? Is it reasonable for the district to give me one pack of 50 wipes?

If you don't feel safe, don't go in.

You keep avoiding my questions intentionally. If you think one pack of 50 wipes is sufficient or somebody paying over $800/month (literally) to keep their students and themselves safe is reasonable just admit it. If you don't that's fine but don't ignore the cognitive dissonance and pretend like it doesn't exist. I mean don't get me wrong you could continue to do that...but don't expect people to take you seriously or to convince anybody with such weakly support convictions.

No one's forcing you to do anything.

Either make a decision or learn to quote Hamlet.

Cite where I ever claimed somebody is making me do something. I'm merely pointing out that the schools in my district (I can't speak about any others) aren't prepare to safely open. Nothing more, nothing less.

Stop your hand-wringing and make a decision.

When people start to go after the messenger and not the message it's usually because they're incapable of doing the latter. For the record I've already made my decision but it doesn't change the reality of what tens of thousands (literally) of students are going to face in my district. Blood wont be on my hands.

"Public School Teachers Continue To Insist Their Jobs Are Non-Essential
August 4th, 2020
article-6725-2.jpg

U.S.—Public school teachers gathered outside the schoolhouses of the nation this week, continuing to insist quite adamantly that their jobs are non-essential.

“We need to lockdown all non-essential work, like teaching, due to the coronavirus pandemic,” stated one teacher protesting outside her local elementary school. “What we do in the classroom is really not adding the kind of value to your children’s upbringing that we should risk spreading the virus.”
“If you look at the graduation rates, standardized test scores, and the studies that indicate public schools aren’t preparing students for the real world, believe me, we’re not doing your child any favors,” she added.
Another teacher holding a sign which read ‘Don’t Make Us Work!’ quickly chimed in, “But we should still be paid until there is a vaccine. People are suffering in this crisis, essential workers and non-essential workers alike, and we all just need to get through this together. God bless our essential workers.”

At publishing time, the protesters had ordered food delivery and more protesting supplies that arrived to them thanks to the hard work of actual essential workers."

I was given one pack of 50 wipes for the school year...this literally wont make it to the end of the first day. That's my district's plan for combating Covid. I'm not against going to brick and mortar school but make it safe for students and faculty if you're going to do so.

How much would it cost you to buy another?

Let's base it on this:

Those age 50-64 were better but still not great. At 0.14% Infection Fatality Rate Estimate, that's 14 deaths for every 10,000 infections. For people in this age group, it's about 14 times more dangerous than influenza. But from there, the Infection Fatality Rate Estimate drops dramatically. Those age 20-49 have a 0.0092%, or nine deaths per 100,000 infections. As for children age 10-19, the rate drops to 0.00032%, or three deaths per 1 MILLION infections.

It's understandable that mainstream media and Democrats do not want this information known because it would eliminate the need for locking down the nation, at least for those under 50-years-old. But why isn't the White House addressing it? This study is tailor-made for the reopening narrative.

I'm not saying the media isn't blowing it out of proportion because they are. But do you really think that one pack of 50 wipes is sufficient enough?

Currently 10 packs of 10 wipes costs $30 (plus tax) on Amazon. This is for a generic off-brand I chose the first one that came up in my search and Amazon has it listed as the best value. I have provided the link below. That is $0.30 per wipe. I usually have between 160-175 students per school year. Let's go conservative and say I have 150 this year. We have been told by our superintendent that our classes will be the same sizes as usual since the students doing online learning will be taught by teachers at our schools, thus 50% of the students will be taught by 50% of the teachers.

Now with 150 students let's say 140 show up to school every day. That would require 140 wipes per day.

140 X 0.30 = 42

I would have to spend $42 a day on wipes alone. This does not included sales tax I'd have to pay, and again is on the conservative side of the number of students.

Source:

Amazon.com: Cleaning Wipes, 10 Packs 75% Disposable Wipes Adult Wipes, Hand Wipes,Skin Toys Wipes (10pack=100pcs) PDLA05: Health & Personal Care

Again is one pack of 50 wipes sufficient to protect my students and myself? Is it reasonable to expect me to pay nearly $50 per day on supplies to keep my students and myself safe?

Hard to imagine the quantity you're claiming.

The only teachers who can claim 'danger' are the oldest ones.

And they're earning over 100k.....buy the darn wipes.......

.....it's tax deductible.

I make about $45K, that's a far cry from $100K. No teacher in my district makes over $65 on teacher pay alone, let alone $100K. Some make a few grand more for coaching, having more responsibilities at the school (like being a department head)-but not a single teacher in my district makes $100K. Not even close. Not even teachers who've been there 35 years.

School supplies are no longer tax deductible for teachers after $250. That would get me through the first week and that's about it. That's not counting all of the other supplies I have to purchase for my classroom and getting a tax break on them.

Hard to believe I have at least 140 students? As a high school teacher how many students do you really think I have every day? Last year I had 158 students enrolled the first day of classes. Of course some students move, some move in, etc. so the numbers fluctuate a little bit but it remains within 3-4 of that number.

So again I ask you is it reasonable for me to spend that much that on wipes per day to secure the safety of my students as well as myself? Is it reasonable for the district to give me one pack of 50 wipes?

If you don't feel safe, don't go in.

You keep avoiding my questions intentionally. If you think one pack of 50 wipes is sufficient or somebody paying over $800/month (literally) to keep their students and themselves safe is reasonable just admit it. If you don't that's fine but don't ignore the cognitive dissonance and pretend like it doesn't exist. I mean don't get me wrong you could continue to do that...but don't expect people to take you seriously or to convince anybody with such weakly support convictions.

The 'message' is that you can't make up your mind.

That's your problem, your character.

Neither I nor anyone else care what decision you finally come to.

As I documented earlier, children are the least susceptible to the Wuhan virus.

If you are over 50, you have a reason to be careful.
Work, or don't.
No one cares.

No one's forcing you to do anything.

Either make a decision or learn to quote Hamlet.

Cite where I ever claimed somebody is making me do something. I'm merely pointing out that the schools in my district (I can't speak about any others) aren't prepare to safely open. Nothing more, nothing less.

Stop your hand-wringing and make a decision.

When people start to go after the messenger and not the message it's usually because they're incapable of doing the latter. For the record I've already made my decision but it doesn't change the reality of what tens of thousands (literally) of students are going to face in my district. Blood wont be on my hands.

Our teachers here were going to go back until the SCHOOL board and health dept shut it down. The plan was masks, gowns, gloves, and teaching behind glass. No more than 8 kids in a classroom. I thought it was a reasonable plan. In this case it was not the teachers.

"Chris Whitty: missing school is a greater risk to children than Covid-19 – video

England's chief medical officer has warned that failing to return children to school in September would pose a greater risk to them than catching Covid-19.
Whitty and the chief medical officers of Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland released a rare joint statement advising on children returning to schools

Of course, in America, Trump's defeat is the most important aim for the teacher's unions.....so, if parents can't go back to work the economy may be destroyed with Trump's chances for re-election.

Well MANY parents are choosing to keep their kids home here even as school is fully open. So it's on the parents here.

I have said that unless we wrest control of education back from the Democrat/Liberal government schools, as earlier Republicans pried their slaves away from them, the nation has no future.

But....I couldn't see any possible way to do this........

BUT......
"Coronavirus has parents looking at homeschooling

With the COVID-19 virus closing schools in China, South Korea, Italy, and the United States, parents are having to make a sudden and unexpected change in their children’s education. Most often, it means shifting education into the home.

This learning at home looks different in different places. In Hong Kong, the government ordered 800,000 students to take what the Wall Street Journal calls “a crash course in digital learning.”

In New York City, parents are already seeking out homeschooling resources that fit their children and their families in preparation for any school closings.

The freedom of parents to choose the kind of education that’s best for each child is something we’ve been advocating for more than 35 years.

Homeschool grads go to college, join the military, launch their own businesses, and start families. They serve in soup kitchens, run for office, fight fires, and give back to their communities in many other ways.

In fact, more than 1.7 million students are homeschooling in the U.S., according to the National Center for Education Statistics.If both parents are working, it is still possible to make homeschooling work through options such as alternating work schedules or one parent working from home. It takes creativity, commitment, and even saying, “No,” to some opportunities. But without the restriction of a traditional school-day schedule, families are able to carve out time together and even flex their homeschool schedule along with variable work schedules (such as healthcare providers or cross-country transport)."
Coronavirus has parents looking at homeschooling
Didn't seem to work too well for you, you can't think for yourself, just copy&paste.

The Left needs to keep the economy closed until election day.

Here are their shock troops, teachers, pretending how deadly the Wuhan virus is to them.....

1599844475716.png

"Those age 50-64 were better but still not great. At 0.14% Infection Fatality Rate Estimate, that's 14 deaths for every 10,000 infections. For people in this age group, it's about 14 times more dangerous than influenza. But from there, the Infection Fatality Rate Estimate drops dramatically. Those age 20-49 have a 0.0092%, or nine deaths per 100,000 infections. As for children age 10-19, the rate drops to 0.00032%, or three deaths per 1 MILLION infections.

It's understandable that mainstream media and Democrats do not want this information known because it would eliminate the need for locking down the nation, at least for those under 50-years-old. But why isn't the White House addressing it? This study is tailor-made for the reopening narrative. Here are five possible reasons ranked from least to most likely by my reckoning."
Infection Fatality Rate Estimates: The numbers they don't want you to know | NOQ Report

The median age of reported COVID-19 deaths in Florida on Wednesday was 93”

"Teachers Unions Promise School Will Resume As Soon As The Teachers Are Done Campaigning For Biden
October 9th, 2020
article-7188-2.jpg

U.S.—Facing growing frustration from parents over prolonged school closures, the American Federation of Teachers has released a statement promising school will resume just as soon as all the public school teachers are done campaigning for Biden.

"We realized that these prolonged school closures were a perfect opportunity to mobilize our 1.7 million-member union to get out the vote for Joe Biden," said AFT President Randi Weingarten. "Plus, the Biden campaign didn't have to pay them since they are already being paid a full salary with taxpayer dollars. It was a win-win for us!"
According to sources across the country, public educators have been dutifully going door to door to make sure they harvest every Biden vote they can before the November election.
"So if you're wondering why the schools still aren't open, that's why. We promise we'll start teaching your dumb kids again as soon as the important work of defeating Donald Trump is completed," Weingarten said."

God save us from Leftist teachers.
Did you know that on average, education majors scored lower on their SAT tests than any other college major?

Did you know that the average teacher graduated in the bottom third of their college class?

Wordpress website shows no title. I can't figure out how to insert a title into the link.

(no title)

Did you know that on average, education majors scored lower on their SAT tests than any other college major?

Did you know that the average teacher graduated in the bottom third of their college class?

Wordpress website shows no title. I can't figure out how to insert a title into the link.

(no title)
But they perform the job that government tasks them with.....just look at the streets of Portland, Seattle.....etc.

"Teachers Unions Promise School Will Resume As Soon As The Teachers Are Done Campaigning For Biden
October 9th, 2020
article-7188-2.jpg

U.S.—Facing growing frustration from parents over prolonged school closures, the American Federation of Teachers has released a statement promising school will resume just as soon as all the public school teachers are done campaigning for Biden.

"We realized that these prolonged school closures were a perfect opportunity to mobilize our 1.7 million-member union to get out the vote for Joe Biden," said AFT President Randi Weingarten. "Plus, the Biden campaign didn't have to pay them since they are already being paid a full salary with taxpayer dollars. It was a win-win for us!"
According to sources across the country, public educators have been dutifully going door to door to make sure they harvest every Biden vote they can before the November election.
"So if you're wondering why the schools still aren't open, that's why. We promise we'll start teaching your dumb kids again as soon as the important work of defeating Donald Trump is completed," Weingarten said."
I didn't even have to read the news clip. The headline says it all. It might have read, TEACHERS PUT BIDEN BEFORE THE CHILDREN.

They have never had the welfare of children as an interest to the Federation of Teachers. As a former Union Rep, I know of what I speak. As a former Union President, he said "I will care about the kids when they pay my salary."

They have never had the welfare of children as an interest to the Federation of Teachers. As a former Union Rep, I know of what I speak. As a former Union President, he said "I will care about the kids when they pay my salary."

That was the president of the national teachers' union.

(no title)
Isn't that the free market? You offer poor salaries you get poor people.

I actually know that is not true, most teachers are obviously not in it for the money (there isn't any) but we still shouldn't expect them to work for nothing.

Forum List

Back