Huffington post on $15 minimum wage. holy shit even they know...

Well I have to give you credit at least you keep these minimum wage posts interesting.

But dude that is not the attitude to have to get ahead in the workforce. To win you just have to play their game.

Anything else you will always be miserable and stuck with low pay to boot.

Hey, it's your vehicle. You want some incompetent under-paid dolt working on it, than so be it. You got what you paid for. You can't have any regrets or complaints.

I fail to see what control I have over what a mechanic at the Chevy dealer makes?

You better hope the owners don't think like you. If i were you, i would hope the mechanics there make a good living and are happy competent workers. That's who i prefer working on my vehicles.

Do you live every day in a constant state of fear?

I have no idea what they make, nor do I care.

No, you actually do care very much. You hope they make shitty wages. But at the same time you expect excellent workers and service. I'm sorry to be the one to break it to ya, but you can't have your cake and eat it too. You wanna pay shite, you get shite. You can't have any regrets or complaints.

Why would I want a mechanic to make "shitty" wages? What interest in that do I have one way or another?

You're nuttier than a squirrel's turd.. but then you Ron Paul types usually are.

They're the same greedy morons who constantly whine about bad workers and service. They truly believe paying a worker shit, will result in creating a happy productive worker. Their greed consumes them to the point of absurd stupidity.

You do truly get what you pay for in this world. You wanna pay shit, you get shit. It really is that simple. I despise the greedy whiners constantly bitching about bad service and bad workers. They're the bleepin cause of it. Morons!

The only minimum wage we need is the one people agree to work for. A real libertarian knows this. Phony ones like you whine about class warfare.

I'm not a Libertarian. I can't be labelled. And hey, you wanna pay shit, expect shit. You don't have the right to whine about the consequences afterwards. It's been proven, when workers are paid a decent wage, they're generally happier and more productive workers. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

You carry on like we have control over what everyone on the planet makes..... I don't get this preoccupation you have with this shit.

Well, just don't bitch about bad workers and service anymore. Y'all lost that right. You lost it when you decided to promote workers making lower wages. Pay a worker more, you'll get a better worker. It is what it is.

Hey, it's your vehicle. You want some incompetent under-paid dolt working on it, than so be it. You got what you paid for. You can't have any regrets or complaints.

I fail to see what control I have over what a mechanic at the Chevy dealer makes?

You better hope the owners don't think like you. If i were you, i would hope the mechanics there make a good living and are happy competent workers. That's who i prefer working on my vehicles.

No, you actually do care very much. You hope they make shitty wages. But at the same time you expect excellent workers and service. I'm sorry to be the one to break it to ya, but you can't have your cake and eat it too. You wanna pay shite, you get shite. You can't have any regrets or complaints.

Why would I want a mechanic to make "shitty" wages? What interest in that do I have one way or another?

You're nuttier than a squirrel's turd.. but then you Ron Paul types usually are.

The higher the pay, the better worker you'll get. The lower the pay, the shittier worker you'll get. You wanna a cook making $7 an hr. spitting phlegm in you scramby eggs, than so be it. Personally, i'd rather see that cook making a good living. I gotta pass on the phlegmy scrambled eggs.

They're the same greedy morons who constantly whine about bad workers and service. They truly believe paying a worker shit, will result in creating a happy productive worker. Their greed consumes them to the point of absurd stupidity.

You do truly get what you pay for in this world. You wanna pay shit, you get shit. It really is that simple. I despise the greedy whiners constantly bitching about bad service and bad workers. They're the bleepin cause of it. Morons!

The only minimum wage we need is the one people agree to work for. A real libertarian knows this. Phony ones like you whine about class warfare.

I'm not a Libertarian. I can't be labelled. And hey, you wanna pay shit, expect shit. You don't have the right to whine about the consequences afterwards. It's been proven, when workers are paid a decent wage, they're generally happier and more productive workers. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

You carry on like we have control over what everyone on the planet makes..... I don't get this preoccupation you have with this shit.

Well, just don't bitch about bad workers and service anymore. Y'all lost that right. You lost it when you decided to promote workers making lower wages. Pay a worker more, you'll get a better worker. It is what it is.

You're doing all the bitching pal....

The higher the pay, the better worker you'll get. The lower the pay, the shittier worker you'll get. You wanna a cook making $7 an hr. spitting phlegm in you scramby eggs, than so be it. Personally, i'd rather that cook be making a good living. I'll pass on the phlegmy scramby eggs.

Sounds like you need to eat at better establishments. Note to self.... iHop sucks ass.

The higher the pay, the better worker you'll get. The lower the pay, the shittier worker you'll get. You wanna a cook making $7 an hr. spitting phlegm in you scramby eggs, than so be it. Personally, i'd rather that cook be making a good living. I'll pass on the phlegmy scramby eggs.

Sounds like you need to eat at better establishments. Note to self.... iHop sucks ass.

IHOP workers likely make shit wages. Hence, the quality can't be very good. I'd like to see em make better wages. I think things would improve dramatically at IHOP.

IHOP workers likely make shit wages. Hence, the quality can't be very good. I'd like to see em make better wages. I think things would improve dramatically at IHOP.

That's why I don't eat at iHop.... the food sucks. The local breakfast nooks have much better quality food.

That's why I don't eat at iHop.... the food sucks. The local breakfast nooks have much better quality food.

Plus around here you can get the same thing for around $5 bucks.

The nation will survive higher Minimum Wages. The sky won't fall. Other nations around the world do just fine having higher Minimum Wages. Slave Labor is killing this country. We can and should do better taking care of our own People.

The push for higher minimum wage also increase the want for more automation from companies..

Pretty soon the unions will push themselves out of a job..

Oh well, i guess Corporations will skate while you pay higher taxes to support more Americans on Welfare. The System is rigged that way i guess. Less Americans working, won't benefit anyone but the Slave Masters. You, the average Taxpayer will pick up the slack.

Anyone supporting the far left cause wants more people on government dole!

The lower the minimum wage, the more government benefits the worker qualifies for.

Do you even understand what you post?

The nation will survive higher Minimum Wages. The sky won't fall. Other nations around the world do just fine having higher Minimum Wages. Slave Labor is killing this country. We can and should do better taking care of our own People.

The push for higher minimum wage also increase the want for more automation from companies..

Oh well, i guess Corporations will skate while you pay higher taxes to support more Americans on Welfare. The System is rigged that way i guess. Less Americans working, won't benefit anyone but the Slave Masters. You, the average Taxpayer will pick up the slack.

The lower the minimum wage, the more government benefits the worker qualifies for.

Don't bother, the usual suspect greedy white Republican dudes are gonna get all hopped up extolling the virtues of paying fellow Americans shitty wages. They still don't get the fact they're gonna pay much more by not paying a decent wage. Many Businesses will skate, but the Taxpayers won't.

When did Obama become a Republican white dude?

8 bucks an hour is slave labor? lol
Can you name some successful countries that have a 15 dollar an hour min wage?
"We can" you mean FORCING employers.. How Ron Paulish of you

And then have to hear from you why such a nation is not successful...lol.
Are there any?

Yes. Australia.
Ford, GM, and Toyota are all discontinuing production in Australia within the next couple of years. High labor costs being one of the reasons given. The cost of food at McDonald's (as an example) is higher there than it is here. What do you think is going to happen if companies find themselves having to pay a burger flipper $15 an hour? Prices WILL go up. And when prices go up, that $15 an hour doesn't look so good, anymore.

Do you even understand what you post?

Do you know why rich people don't get food stamps?

Perhaps one day they will get the real message.
TY

This crowd will pay shit workers at the top of the salary list and give them a bonus. They are all sheeple with that incentive.

You do know they have insurance right? Go ahead and forget to put the oil in I would get a brand new engine

Dude you don't even know who benefits the most out of a higher National minimum wage

1. The bix box store company's like Walmart higher MW keeps on putting out of business small mom and pop stores

2. US government more taxes

3. Unions like it was posted on the first page.

It sure don't help the poor working class families a raise in the EITC (earned income tax credit) would be so much better

Still, i'd rather pay a worker a decent wage. You do get what you pay for. You wanna pay shit, expect shit. Don't complain about the consequences afterward.

I pay people what they are worth.

Like i said, you wanna pay shit, expect shit. You have no right to complain about the consquences afterwards. It's been proven, you pay a worker decent wage, you get a happier, more competent productive worker.

But hey, you want shittier workers, by all means continue to hope they make shittier wages. You'll get what you want eventually. Because that old adage 'You get what you pay for', is just as valid today as it ever was.

The push to raise minimum wage is coming from the unions as they will get automatic pay raises, and the only reason why the far left supports this action.

No, that's not the only reason.

The far left is deliberately engaged in doing damage to the country. These are not people with good intentions. Some of their drones have been duped into believing their agenda is designed to "lift people up" but the reality is that their policies are regressive and the people promoting them are a malignancy.

Don't ever doubt that.

Yes, it is. A High School kid can barely get by on that wage. And there are many countries around the world who pay higher Minimum Wages than we do. Our $7 Minimum Wage is considered a shocking embarrassment to many around the world. We are the richest nation on earth, no? We can do better.

A real Paulbot would not approve of the government mandating wages.

Are there any?

Yes. Australia.
Ford, GM, and Toyota are all discontinuing production in Australia within the next couple of years. High labor costs being one of the reasons given. The cost of food at McDonald's (as an example) is higher there than it is here. What do you think is going to happen if companies find themselves having to pay a burger flipper $15 an hour? Prices WILL go up. And when prices go up, that $15 an hour doesn't look so good, anymore.

Yes, if we could only lower wages and have more Slave Labor. All of America's problems would disappear. Everything would be perfect. We could be more like China and even force American children into Slave Labor. Life would be so much better if more Americans would just shut up and accept being slaves.

Seriously white Republican dudes, y'all are demented. :cuckoo:

Last edited:

Yes, it is. A High School kid can barely get by on that wage. And there are many countries around the world who pay higher Minimum Wages than we do. Our $7 Minimum Wage is considered a shocking embarrassment to many around the world. We are the richest nation on earth, no? We can do better.

A real Paulbot would not approve of the government mandating wages.

I don't agree with Ron Paul on everything.

Are there any?

Yes. Australia.

Yes, if we could only lower wages and have more Slave Labor. All of America's problems would disappear. Everything would be perfect. We could be more like China and even force American children into Slave Labor. Life would be so much better if more Americans would just shut up and accept being slaves.

Seriously white Republican dudes, y'all are demented. :cuckoo:
We're not looking to lower wages, but rather try to get people to understand that settling for a burger flipper job is not going to get you anywhere in life. Try to make a better life for yourself. Minimum wage jobs should be used as a stepping stone to finding a better job, not something to settle for in life. If your goal in life is to ask "Would you like fries with that?", you don't deserve to be paid $15 an hour.

And you apparently think that only rich white Republicans pay low wages? Might want to open your eyes.

Show a little intelligence and actually think.

Damn this even coming from them.

Don't Kid Yourself on the $15 Minimum Wage

Don’t Kid Yourself on the $15 Minimum Wage

The bigger problem is that raising wages by government fiat can really screw up labor markets. The cost burden falls disproportionately on small- and mid-sized retailers, restaurants, low-skill manufacturers and nonprofit social service agencies. These business owners already are struggling to cover the rising costs of health insurance, workers’ compensation and regulatory compliance with low profit margins. They also have to compete with big box retailers, restaurant chains and overseas producers.

The weak economy and strong competition make it hard to pass cost increases on to consumers. If wages rise faster than product prices, many small and mid-sized companies will reduce labor costs by investing in machinery and other labor-saving strategies. How many new self-service lanes have you seen open up in your local grocery store?

But lost jobs will not be the worst part for low-skilled workers. Setting a high minimum wage creates a moral hazard for them. Large numbers of working poor will be conned into thinking they don’t need to build up their human capital to earn a decent living. They will avoid the time and expense of extra training that might help them advance. They will find themselves trapped in low-skill jobs.

But but but it doesn't matter if people get a raise because a Big Mac will only cost 25 cents more

Forum List

Back