Huckabee's theology degree

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Avatar4321, Dec 14, 2007.

1. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,157
    Normally, I wouldnt think it would be a major issue except he has made it one and i think it does go to character and demonstrate that he is willing to pander to every crowd.

On November 8, 2007, Huckabee claimed that he is the only one on stage with a degree in theology so it allowed him to uniquely wage a war on terror (Quite honestly, I dont see how that follows since if he had a degree it would be in Christian theology). Here is the following quote:

Now December 14, 2007:

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives2/2007/12/019282.php

http://campaignspot.nationalreview.com/post/?q=NTdmMWE3MjhjZTgyM2RhYzFmMWRiMzY2MThjZTMxZWY=

So he has a theology degree or doesnt when its convenient to his campaign. If you are confused you aren't the only one.

2. Shogun

Shogun Free: Mudholes Stomped

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,260
    ..you may sayyy that I'm confuuused,
    But i'm not the only one.
    I hope someday you will join uuusss
    on the dahahaaayy of the election..

3. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,374
    I love how the attacks start coming when a candidate supposedly gains popularity.

The only candidate left that's not throwing 'bows is Ron Paul. Ron even defends Romney's religious beliefs, and doesn't see why they should be considered when deciding on a candidate.

And why SHOULD they? When there are SO MANY OTHER issues that this country is having trouble dealing with right now, why on god's green earth (pun intended) should we be debating the religious beliefs of a candidate?

I swear, religion is ONCE AGAIN going to fragment the vote, come this election. And it's just a fucking shame.

How many morons voted for Bush in '04 simply because of his supposed christian positions? How much more narrow-minded can you possibly get?

I will add that, I'd like to see Romney and Huckabee keep going at it, because each state that becomes disenchanted with the mud-slinging, will gravitate towards Ron so he can sneak in for the win. Mark my words. Ron will steal a few states that NONE of you thought would be possible.

NH and Iowa will be Ron Paul's.

4. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    Yeah, but religion is one of the issues this country is dealing with right now. It plays right into the whole terrorism thing, which is why really, it is important.

If somebody's one faith or another, I find it extremely relevant in their bid.

5. ScreamingEagle

ScreamingEagle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,159
    Yes. As Huck says "It's a theocratic war". Don't think Hillary gets it...

6. Shogun

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,260
    yea.. thats smart. let's just turn thins into a full on holy war.

sheesh.

7. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    It's already a holy war, and it's ignorant to ignore it.

Ignorant...ignore...ignorant...ignore.

There's a connection I never noticed before.

8. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,157
    Romney isnt attacking Huckabee. Even his so called attack add is only a contrast between the candidates.

Huckabee has made his theology degree (if he has one) as a point on why he is qualified to be commander-in-chief and how he is more qualified to fight and win the war on terror. (Quite frankly i think the claim is absurd).

In light of that claim though, its quite appropriate that the media should scrutinize his theology degree, which it seems these articles are doing.

Ultimately I have two questions that remain unanswered:

1)Why does Huckabee think a Bachelors in Biblical studies would qualify him for President of the United States? I dont see how studying the Bible helps him understand Islam or the mentality of muslims as Huckabee claimed.

2)How come is campaign is now saying he doesnt have a degree? Either he does or he doesnt. And I dont see how he had a bachelors before and didnt now when its convenient for him to look ignorant on the doctrines of other religions.

As for Paul, he might not be attacking on religion, but the idea that him and his followers arent attacking is a joke. Honestly, I prefer the honest questioning of another candidates statements and record to the Paulite tactics of just claiming anyone who disagrees with you is an idiot and unconstitutional.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. ScreamingEagle

ScreamingEagle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,159
    :lol:

(LOL sorry can't rep u for that)

10. Shogun

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,260
    If you'd rather throw stones, Allie....

and no, OUR motives have NEVER been about dogma. The day you make it so is the day you lower America to the standard of those who we are supposed to be fending off.

But, once again, I'll challenge you to provide evidence that WE are in it to win a religious victory. As with the OTHER thread I let you back out of today I'll be waiting.