Huckabee would like to replace US Democracy with a Christian Caliphate

And how was Universal Morality established to begin with?
Ancient man found out what worked and what didn't, yet here we are doing and going back to what the ancients had already experimented with of what was morally wrong and morally right.

Nope. Morality was given to the Souls of men by The Divine and its concept are not maleable.

Ancient man found out what worked and what didn't, yet here we are doing and going back to what the ancients had already experimented with of what was morally wrong and morally right.

Nope. Morality was given to the Souls of men by The Divine and its concept are not maleable.

Yes to you and me it was, but we have to talk to the unbelievers.

Huckabee would like to replace US Democracy with a Christian Caliphate.

Huckabee says that we should only follow US laws that are "right". Huckabee's definition of right is HIS interpretation of the Christian religion and the Bible.

I am a Christian and I disagree with Huckabee what is right on many issues.

No religions member agree on what is "right".

Thus you form a Caliphate and have one person tell everyone what is "right" as determined by God.

You do realize that "Christian Caliphate" is a contradiction, right?

who determines what is moral or not. Is a woman wearing a bikini moral?

I believe in Universal Morality; which supercedes religion and has existed since the beginning of time.

A,woman in a bikini is far more moral than a,woman in politics or a boardroom.

In ancient time the groups were 100's at most. It is impossible to do with a group to 350,000,000 plus.

Huckabee says that we should only follow US laws that are "right". Huckabee's definition of right is HIS interpretation of the Christian religion and the Bible.

Thus you form a Caliphate and have one person tell everyone what is "right" as determined by God.

A Caliphate is a structure of governance in the Muslim religion.
My point is the structure could be applied to the Christian or any other religion. The structure is the doctrine of the religion is the ultimate "constitution of the government".
Because every religion has differences, the government is led by one religious leader who has final say on any disagreement of how to interpret the religious doctrine.

My point is the structure could be applied to the Christian or any other religion. The structure is the doctrine of the religion is the ultimate "constitution of the government".
Because every religion has differences, the government is led by one religious leader who has final say on any disagreement of how to interpret the religious doctrine.

Since when has America ever done that?
Christian morals has been the rule of the land for 239 years ever since 1776 and no one has ever done that. No one is going to do that now.

Your reasoning is spectacularly wrong.

I'd support Hillary before I'd vote for Huckabee, but it is a wild stretch to say that he supports a Christian caliphate.

Since when has America ever done that?
Christian morals has been the rule of the land for 239 years ever since 1776 and no one has ever done that. No one is going to do that now.
I am a Christian and my morals are different than many other Christians. There are many conservative Christians who consider themselves very moral and I feel they do not live by the tenets of my God.
Were Christian morals ruling the land while we had slavery. I guarantee God wanted nothing to do with slavery.
How dense are you?

Your reasoning is spectacularly wrong.

I'd support Hillary before I'd vote for Huckabee, but it is a wild stretch to say that he supports a Christian caliphate.

It's a wild stretch to say he doesn't. What is a caliphate, exactly? Isn't it a government where God's law is supreme?

Source of legislation

In a democracy, laws are made by an assembly elected by the people; in a caliphate, the sources of legislation are supposed to be the Qur'an and the Sunnah۔ Concerning the supremacy of God in making laws rather than people, the Qur'an states:

Say, "Allah is most knowing of how long they remained. He has [knowledge of] the unseen [aspects] of the heavens and the earth. How Seeing is He and how Hearing! They have not besides Him any protector, and He shares not His legislation with anyone." (18:26)

"Legislation is not but for Allah". (12:40)

[We said], "O David, indeed We have made you a caliph upon the earth, so judge between the people in truth and do not follow [your own] desire, as it will lead you astray from the way of Allah." Indeed, those who go astray from the way of Allah will have a severe punishment for having forgotten the Day of Account. (38:26)

Huckabee thinks Kim Davis should be free to obey God's law over the People's law. That's the fundamental principle of a caliphate government.

Forum List

Back