Huckabee Tweets: ‘Time to Repeal 17th Amendment’

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Amen. Just what it needs to make that disfunctional group get back to work again.

Story @ Huckabee Tweets: ‘Time to Repeal 17th Amendment’

Allen West: How Differently Would Senators Act Without the 17th Amendment? @ Allen West: How Differently Would Senators Act Without the 17th Amendment?

I love this:

Imagine if those GOP senators who blocked the repeal of Obamacare could be recalled by their state legislatures, if they could be subjected to a vote of “no confidence” and be removed! How differently would these senators act – or any senator? It would certainly preclude the arrogance and defiance of what has become a very lucrative club — not of citizen servants but of those who believe their political position entitles them to lord over us with no retribution, enabling them to become career politicians.

Now those dumb Pubs are going after voting rights. What else do they want. We the taxpayers pay them and we deserve to vote.

Now those dumb Pubs are going after voting rights. What else do they want. We the taxpayers pay them and we deserve to vote.

seems to me that he wants to SIMPLIFY the system. People in states vote for their STATE
LEGISLATURE (theoretically with the level of intellect of the people of that state----in general)
Huckie seems to want those state legislatures to choose the state senator rather than having
a general election. Such a system does not constitute depriving citizens of the right to vote.
The persons the people of the state "voted in"-----choose the state senator. I do not
see any advantage in Huckie's idea other than it might be less expensive. It seems to me to be a
move TOWARD more centralized government

You do when you vote for your State legislature

Research what Tennessee did to Davy Crocket

-Geaux

Huckabee is now officially a snowflake..Taken to changing a system cause he didn't get what he wanted..Like when Trump was elected and a call for dismantling the electoral college was raised..

We need also to get rid of the EC and go by popular vote. People today can read, they are not rural and ignorant farmers, and the reason for the EC in the young days is people did not read, many , and we did not have autos or buses, and communication was a lot slower.

Huckabee is now officially a snowflake..Taken to changing a system cause he didn't get what he wanted..Like when Trump was elected and a call for dismantling the electoral college was raised..

Now T will come out with this, and pretend it was his idea.

Trump is going to "pretend" it was his idea to do away with elections for senators? Why?
How would he benefit from the claim or------were such a situation to become fact how would
he benefit. ? Anyone out there willing to lay a wager? I will bet that Trump DOES not
"take credit" for this "Idea" I will also bet that it is going to be ignored.

Trump is going to "pretend" it was his idea to do away with elections for senators? Why?
How would he benefit from the claim or------were such a situation to become fact how would
he benefit. ? Anyone out there willing to lay a wager? I will bet that Trump DOES not

Wait and see.

Wait and see.

ok

Amen. Just what it needs to make that disfunctional group get back to work again.

Allen West: How Differently Would Senators Act Without the 17th Amendment? @ Allen West: How Differently Would Senators Act Without the 17th Amendment?

I love this:

Imagine if those GOP senators who blocked the repeal of Obamacare could be recalled by their state legislatures, if they could be subjected to a vote of “no confidence” and be removed! How differently would these senators act – or any senator? It would certainly preclude the arrogance and defiance of what has become a very lucrative club — not of citizen servants but of those who believe their political position entitles them to lord over us with no retribution, enabling them to become career politicians.

Not a surprise that the Republicans don't want voters to have a chance to decide on their Senators.

Leave it up to the Republican controlled state legislatures- much easier to control.

I love this:

Not a surprise that the Republicans don't want voters to have a chance to decide on their Senators.

Leave it up to the Republican controlled state legislatures- much easier to control.

You know progressives could still implement all those wonderful government programs at the State level. In fact, reducing the size of the federal government would allow States to tax people EVEN MOAR!!!

Of course, you would have to deal with people voting with their feet, but hey, Progressive concepts or SUCH TEH AWESOME who would want to leave?

I love this:

are most states "controlled" by republican legislatures---(I really do not know)

I love this:

You know progressives could still implement all those wonderful government programs at the State level. In fact, reducing the size of the federal government would allow States to tax people EVEN MOAR!!!

Of course, you would have to deal with people voting with their feet, but hey, Progressive concepts or SUCH TEH AWESOME who would want to leave?

the RUGGED INDIVIDUAL sector has squeaked-----but, pessimistically

of course they are... because when "the people" vote, they lose.

"A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship."
-Alexander Tyler.

I love this:

the RUGGED INDIVIDUAL sector has squeaked-----but, pessimistically

I am seriously wondering why blue places haven't implemented single payer yet. If it such awesome stuff, why aren't they doing it?

If it is going to save sooooo much money for us, why can't they get it running?

I love this:

That is why we have a fed gov. It was necessary.

I love this:

That is why we have a fed gov. It was necessary.

The fed government was never designed to do what it is doing now. The United States is not one size fits all, despite current attempts to make it so.

Forum List

Back