Huckabee: Markets May Be Victim of "Terrorism"

Discussion in 'Economy' started by Paulie, Oct 11, 2008.

1. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,266
    [youtube]DPnpSpXY9Ac&[/youtube]

I mean, I always knew the guy was a fraud, but this is beyond ridiculous. Why do these idiots try to act like they have any fucking clue about economics and the markets? A "terrorist"? SERIOUSLY???

Maybe if he provided some sound facts, and some strong evidence, besides some supposed "weird late day moves" that his "secret source" he can't reveal is telling him, I might be willing to lend the idiot some credence. That, and showing some knowledge about the market and that he understands how it works would also be nice.

Where are the usual posters at who would normally chalk something like this bullshit up to tin foil hat theories?

2. DavidS

DavidS Anti-Tea Party Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +767
    what the hell? THIS idiot tried to run for president???

3. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,266
    Are you serious? You didn't know he ran for president? He did so well that Fox gave him his own show.

Yes, a guy who is claiming a "secret source" is informing him about strange late-day market moves that he believes is from a "terrorist", but won't show any proof, and obviously has no idea how markets function, actually finished 3rd in primary voting, and has been given his own show on Fox.

Unreal.

Anyone here who likes Huckabee want to comment on his newfound kookiness?

4. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    He's not my guy, but I would think 'Soros' if true. :badgrin:

5. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Bad Mother****er

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +503
    It's not some form of economic terrorism. People decided to bail on their mutual funds this week which means investment companies unloaded them. Another reason for the volatility and the sudden high spikes and low spikes is daytrading. We're getting what used to be months of rising and falling stocks in just a few hours. Plus they just reinstituted short selling which is why Friday went crazy low then crazy high again.

6. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Could be. Then again, the spikes in the last hour for 12 days running is not normal. Couple that with an increase in chatter and spammers from Muslim countries and one does wonder. My guess is the mods/admins will be able to say that there has been a spike in spammers from 'foreign countries' unfriendly to the US in the past 3 weeks.

7. Dirt McGirt

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +503
    That is not what "economic terrorism" means. No way is this a global muslim conspiracy to cripple America.

8. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    In for the penny, in for the pound. Could be Soros or Soros like.

On the other hand, to think that terrorists could do something like f with the markets, why not nuclear weapons?

9. Dirt McGirt

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +503
    This is widespread global panic due to fears of a global recession, not some form of economic terrorism. Have you noticed that everyone's markets are down now?

10. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,266
    The spikes in the last hour could very well be traders buying low. I agree with McGirt, this is one of the most volatile markets we've ever seen, so why would it be so strange to see late day spikes?

And Soros? The one you accused of possibly being the funding source for Ron Paul? Come on, Kath. Seriously?

There are a lot of people with his money, why him specifically? Even if it WAS, that pretty much puts the kooky "terrorist" claim to bed, no? Regardless, it isn't illegal to wait until the last hour and then buy. Nor is it "terrorism", no matter WHO'S doing it.

The market ought to be happy it's getting SOMETHING. Who cares what time it happens?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1