Huckabee: Markets May Be Victim of "Terrorism"

Paulie

Diamond Member
May 19, 2007
[youtube]DPnpSpXY9Ac&[/youtube]

I mean, I always knew the guy was a fraud, but this is beyond ridiculous. Why do these idiots try to act like they have any fucking clue about economics and the markets? A "terrorist"? SERIOUSLY???

Maybe if he provided some sound facts, and some strong evidence, besides some supposed "weird late day moves" that his "secret source" he can't reveal is telling him, I might be willing to lend the idiot some credence. That, and showing some knowledge about the market and that he understands how it works would also be nice.

Where are the usual posters at who would normally chalk something like this bullshit up to tin foil hat theories?

I mean, I always knew the guy was a fraud, but this is beyond ridiculous. Why do these idiots try to act like they have any fucking clue about economics and the markets? A "terrorist"? SERIOUSLY???

Maybe if he provided some sound facts, and some strong evidence, besides some supposed "weird late day moves" that his "secret source" he can't reveal is telling him, I might be willing to lend the idiot some credence. That, and showing some knowledge about the market and that he understands how it works would also be nice.

Where are the usual posters at who would normally chalk something like this bullshit up to tin foil hat theories?

what the hell? THIS idiot tried to run for president???

what the hell? THIS idiot tried to run for president???

Are you serious? You didn't know he ran for president? He did so well that Fox gave him his own show.

Yes, a guy who is claiming a "secret source" is informing him about strange late-day market moves that he believes is from a "terrorist", but won't show any proof, and obviously has no idea how markets function, actually finished 3rd in primary voting, and has been given his own show on Fox.

Unreal.

Anyone here who likes Huckabee want to comment on his newfound kookiness?

He's not my guy, but I would think 'Soros' if true. :badgrin:

It's not some form of economic terrorism. People decided to bail on their mutual funds this week which means investment companies unloaded them. Another reason for the volatility and the sudden high spikes and low spikes is daytrading. We're getting what used to be months of rising and falling stocks in just a few hours. Plus they just reinstituted short selling which is why Friday went crazy low then crazy high again.

It's not some form of economic terrorism. People decided to bail on their mutual funds this week which means investment companies unloaded them. Another reason for the volatility and the sudden high spikes and low spikes is daytrading. We're getting what used to be months of rising and falling stocks in just a few hours. Plus they just reinstituted short selling which is why Friday went crazy low then crazy high again.

Could be. Then again, the spikes in the last hour for 12 days running is not normal. Couple that with an increase in chatter and spammers from Muslim countries and one does wonder. My guess is the mods/admins will be able to say that there has been a spike in spammers from 'foreign countries' unfriendly to the US in the past 3 weeks.

Could be. Then again, the spikes in the last hour for 12 days running is not normal. Couple that with an increase in chatter and spammers from Muslim countries and one does wonder. My guess is the mods/admins will be able to say that there has been a spike in spammers from 'foreign countries' unfriendly to the US in the past 3 weeks.

That is not what "economic terrorism" means. No way is this a global muslim conspiracy to cripple America.

That is not what "economic terrorism" means. No way is this a global muslim conspiracy to cripple America.

In for the penny, in for the pound. Could be Soros or Soros like.

On the other hand, to think that terrorists could do something like f with the markets, why not nuclear weapons?

In for the penny, in for the pound. Could be Soros or Soros like.

On the other hand, to think that terrorists could do something like f with the markets, why not nuclear weapons?

This is widespread global panic due to fears of a global recession, not some form of economic terrorism. Have you noticed that everyone's markets are down now?

The spikes in the last hour could very well be traders buying low. I agree with McGirt, this is one of the most volatile markets we've ever seen, so why would it be so strange to see late day spikes?

And Soros? The one you accused of possibly being the funding source for Ron Paul? Come on, Kath. Seriously?

There are a lot of people with his money, why him specifically? Even if it WAS, that pretty much puts the kooky "terrorist" claim to bed, no? Regardless, it isn't illegal to wait until the last hour and then buy. Nor is it "terrorism", no matter WHO'S doing it.

The market ought to be happy it's getting SOMETHING. Who cares what time it happens?

The spikes in the last hour could very well be traders buying low. I agree with McGirt, this is one of the most volatile markets we've ever seen, so why would it be so strange to see late day spikes?

And Soros? The one you accused of possibly being the funding source for Ron Paul? Come on, Kath. Seriously?

There are a lot of people with his money, why him specifically? Even if it WAS, that pretty much puts the kooky "terrorist" claim to bed, no? Regardless, it isn't illegal to wait until the last hour and then buy. Nor is it "terrorism", no matter WHO'S doing it.

The market ought to be happy it's getting SOMETHING. Who cares what time it happens?

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politicselections/nation/president/2004-06-01-soros-cover_x.htm

Come on an article from 2004? It's not even possible that Soros could do this to the world's economy even if he invested all of his money into the markets. The losses are in the trillions Kathianne. Hundreds of billions are traded everyday. The DOW was below 8000 on Friday then came back up. Hypothetically, if Soros even had the resources to do this, why would he let it go back up? Anyone attempting to manipulate any of these markets right now would get broke trying.

Come on an article from 2004? It's not even possible that Soros could do this to the world's economy even if he invested all of his money into the markets. The losses are in the trillions Kathianne. Hundreds of billions are traded everyday. The DOW was below 8000 on Friday then came back up. Hypothetically, if Soros even had the resources to do this, why would he let it go back up? Anyone attempting to manipulate any of these markets right now would get broke trying.

LOL! I'm not the fool you wish for. It was an admission to what he'd willingly do. In this case for him, it would be a win politically and a personal windfall. Yet, you laugh, fool.

LOL! I'm not the fool you wish for. It was an admission to what he'd willingly do. In this case for him, it would be a win politically and a personal windfall. Yet, you laugh, fool.

Um, sure. I never called you a fool for entertaining wild conspiracy theories from Chuck Norris and Mike Huckabee to explain the economic downturn. If you want to politicize the economy with Soros and "economic terrorism" (lol) instead of listening to the opinions of real economists and what they've been saying about our policies for years, then that's on you. The posts speak for themselves.

Seriously, Kath. One guy isn't moving the markets like that. Not a terrorist, and not Soros. Although, being a savvy investor who has made billions in the business, I would not doubt for a second that he's been doing some trading lately. But, it's just silly to think he's CAUSING anything as drastic as what Huckabee is espousing.

Seriously, Kath. One guy isn't moving the markets like that. Not a terrorist, and not Soros. Although, being a savvy investor who has made billions in the business, I would not doubt for a second that he's been doing some trading lately. But, it's just silly to think he's CAUSING anything as drastic as what Huckabee is espousing.

Myabe, then again, he's done such before. Not so silly.

Myabe, then again, he's done such before. Not so silly.

15 million dollars is a drop in a bucket compared to what it takes to move the markets like they have recently. You think he's got BILLIONS in on it? Because it would probably take several.

15 million dollars is a drop in a bucket compared to what it takes to move the markets like they have recently. You think he's got BILLIONS in on it? Because it would probably take several.

Ever hear of a consortium?

Forum List

Back