Hoyer: Republicans Will Sink America To Drown Obama

By Brian Beutler

Add House Minority Whip Steny Hoyer (D-MD) to the list of high profile Democrats who are publicly accusing Republicans of intentionally undermining the economy in order to defeat President Obama.

“There’s no intention on behalf of the Republicans in the House of Representatives to try to help the president move this country forward,” Hoyer told a small group of reporters in his Capitol office on Thursday morning. “I quote Jesse Jackson, who I thought said it best, there are a lot people in Washington who want to drown the captain and are prepared to sink the ship in order to do so.”

Hoyer: It’s The Economic Sabotage, Stupid! | TPMDC

and by that statement, there's no intention on behalf of the Republicans in the House of Representative to block the president from moving the country forward.

It's going to take some work on behalf of Republicans to convince the voters of that.

dark-ages_4.jpg

Don't keep presenting them with facts or anything, the far right wing sheep will continue to obey what their masters tell them no matter what.

Care to argue the WMD facts as I presented them?

The CIA, NATO, and even W himself have said all the same thing. There were NO WMD's.

So Hoyer accuses the Republicans of sabotage because they don't support the Democrat's program. Maybe somebody should try to explain to him about multi-party democracy.

Yes, Bush did say they didn't, but as to how UN Res. 1441 defined WMD's... Iraq DID have WMD's. And my previous post proves it with links to the friggin' UN. You are forgetting America WAS part of a coalition, made up of many countries... It was not just Boooooooosh. What part of "a missile with a range greater than 150km" IS considered a WMD by the UN are you not fully grasping? The Al Samoud-2 Missiles were in direct violation of Res. 1441... Why? Because the Al Samoud-2 missiles range exceeded 150km... Is it sinking in yet? It doesn't matter whether Bush wrongfully said they didn't have them, or not... The definition by the UN means that they DID have WMD's, because it WAS the UN who was defining what WMD's were under the UNSCOM Resolutions... Not Bush, or Cheney. Got it? Are IQ's not up to the task of reading for yourselves, what the UN sanctions actually were. I did not link some partisan hack site moron, I link to the authors of the actual sanctions... The United friggin' Nations.

Don't keep presenting them with facts or anything, the far right wing sheep will continue to obey what their masters tell them no matter what.

Care to argue the WMD facts as I presented them?

The CIA, NATO, and even W himself have said all the same thing. There were NO WMD's.

My God are you dense? I linked to the actual UN res. 1441, and even provided the document number, and paragraph where the information IS. Whether Bush said there wasn't WMD's is irrelevant... The UN authored the definition's, and a missile with a range greater than 150km IS a WMD... And Iraq DID in fact have them in the form of the Al Samoud-2. I cannot simplify it anymore. I've done the work FOR YOU, and given the exact location in the Resolution to find it (in the link)... It's obviously above your capacity.

I give up, I've given you ALL the facts from the actual UN Resolution, and the best you can do is link to a site without comment... How's it feel to go through life and never know what an original thought is?

Another member has posted at least a dozen links proving the facts there were no WMD's. Bush, his cabinet, EVERYONE said there were no WMD's.
Bush, Rumsfeld, and the rest of the W admin made up the story so congress would approve them to go to war with Iraq.

By Brian Beutler

Add House Minority Whip Steny Hoyer (D-MD) to the list of high profile Democrats who are publicly accusing Republicans of intentionally undermining the economy in order to defeat President Obama.

“There’s no intention on behalf of the Republicans in the House of Representatives to try to help the president move this country forward,” Hoyer told a small group of reporters in his Capitol office on Thursday morning. “I quote Jesse Jackson, who I thought said it best, there are a lot people in Washington who want to drown the captain and are prepared to sink the ship in order to do so.”

Hoyer: It’s The Economic Sabotage, Stupid! | TPMDC

Could it be that democrats are accusing others of what they have always done? Now they can't seem to make things better because they fucked things up in 2007

You can't debate whether republicans are blocking moves made by The President in general, they need to be broken down individually. Each and every one to get the full story. It's quite possible that some bills created by democrats are opposed by republicans on grounds of spending alone. Is it really a shock that republicans in a majority disagree with a liberal President or congress member?

Has a liberal majority acted in the same manner?

As for Iraq and WMD's. The real story here is that Bush declared a war on terror and warned any country from harboring terrorists. ..."And we will pursue nations that provide aid or safe haven to terrorism. Every nation in every region now has a decision to make: Either you are with us or you are with the terrorists. From this day forward, any nation that continues to harbor or support terrorism will be regarded by the United States as a hostile regime."

Would you agree that Iraq harbored terrorists? There have been many well known terrorists killed there. Would you agree that time after time, over and over that Iraq would not allow U.N. inspectors in their country?

Iraq had Al Samoud-2 weapons which meet the criteria for WMD. They also had tons of yellow cake uranium found in country. I don't understand the debate here.

You can't debate whether republicans are blocking moves made by The President in general, they need to be broken down individually. Each and every one to get the full story. It's quite possible that some bills created by democrats are opposed by republicans on grounds of spending alone. Is it really a shock that republicans in a majority disagree with a liberal President or congress member?

Has a liberal majority acted in the same manner?

As for Iraq and WMD's. The real story here is that Bush declared a war on terror and warned any country from harboring terrorists. ..."And we will pursue nations that provide aid or safe haven to terrorism. Every nation in every region now has a decision to make: Either you are with us or you are with the terrorists. From this day forward, any nation that continues to harbor or support terrorism will be regarded by the United States as a hostile regime."

Would you agree that Iraq harbored terrorists? There have been many well known terrorists killed there. Would you agree that time after time, over and over that Iraq would not allow U.N. inspectors in their country?

Iraq had Al Samoud-2 weapons which meet the criteria for WMD. They also had tons of yellow cake uranium found in country. I don't understand the debate here.

I was laughing up until the yellow cake - then I knew you were crazy as an outhouse rat. You can't sell that bullshit any more about the old yellow cake sold to Canada or the supposed Niger yellow cake that Saddam was falsely said to be buying...

you fuking war mongering rethugs can kiss my ass.

Now it doens't matter what the POTUS said. If the UN (when did you rethugs start putting your faith in the UN) says they (Iraq) have a missle that goes all of 150km, you think that is reason to invade a country that didn't attack us. That somehow that is the weapons of mass destruction that we were sold by Bush and Cheney as the reason to attack Iraq.

You all are full of shit. Stupid and gullible to.

The only ones who are trying to sink America is people like Hoyer going around saying this stupid shit..

This folks is your people in Government

Forum List

Back