Hoyer: Republicans Will Sink America To Drown Obama

WTF happened when the chairman of the House Banking Committee, Barney Frank, who had direct responsibility for Fannie Mae told America that Fannie was doing fine when it was in desperate trouble and about to crash just before the election? Apparently democrats have so much experience in intentionally tanking the economy that they think anybody can do it.

You can't debate whether republicans are blocking moves made by The President in general, they need to be broken down individually. Each and every one to get the full story. It's quite possible that some bills created by democrats are opposed by republicans on grounds of spending alone. Is it really a shock that republicans in a majority disagree with a liberal President or congress member?

Has a liberal majority acted in the same manner?

As for Iraq and WMD's. The real story here is that Bush declared a war on terror and warned any country from harboring terrorists. ..."And we will pursue nations that provide aid or safe haven to terrorism. Every nation in every region now has a decision to make: Either you are with us or you are with the terrorists. From this day forward, any nation that continues to harbor or support terrorism will be regarded by the United States as a hostile regime."

Would you agree that Iraq harbored terrorists? There have been many well known terrorists killed there. Would you agree that time after time, over and over that Iraq would not allow U.N. inspectors in their country?

Iraq had Al Samoud-2 weapons which meet the criteria for WMD. They also had tons of yellow cake uranium found in country. I don't understand the debate here.

I was laughing up until the yellow cake - then I knew you were crazy as an outhouse rat. You can't sell that bullshit any more about the old yellow cake sold to Canada or the supposed Niger yellow cake that Saddam was falsely said to be buying...

He has been brainwashed by the military.

WTF happened when the chairman of the House Banking Committee, Barney Frank, who had direct responsibility for Fannie Mae told America that Fannie was doing fine when it was in desperate trouble and about to crash just before the election? Apparently democrats have so much experience in intentionally tanking the economy that they think anybody can do it.

Fannie Mae had nothing to do with the financial meltdown.

But keep spreading those lies.

The private sector..you guys put hold as gods..

100% responsible.

Correct.

This irrational hatred of Obama is pathological.

Republicans want Americans to suffer – to be unemployed, to have no education, no health insurance, no hope for the future. The more miserable Americans are, the right ‘reasons,’ the greater the likelihood they’ll take it out on Obama come November.

speaking of irrational and BS dramatics

If that is what you call the truth, so be it.

Correct.

This irrational hatred of Obama is pathological.

Republicans want Americans to suffer – to be unemployed, to have no education, no health insurance, no hope for the future. The more miserable Americans are, the right ‘reasons,’ the greater the likelihood they’ll take it out on Obama come November.

so what was going on during the 8 years of libtaral pathological hatred of President Bush? Can't take it? don't dish it?

The Democrats cooperated with Bush, the cowards even followed him into Iraq.

Democrats had a majority in both houses of congress during the 2nd half of Bush's 2nd term and during that time Fannie Mae collapsed while Barney Frank was telling us it was fine. Along came Barry Hussein and now democrats have a total majority and they come up with junk like "cash for clunkers" and the economy gets worse. Hoyer is no doubt well aware of how democrats undermined the conflict in Iraq and tried to influence the morale of the Troops by calling their commanded "betray-us" and telling them the "war was lost". He is also no doubt aware of Barney Frank lying to Americans that Fannie Mae was fine when it was about to crash just before the election. The old Alinsky stuff don't work any more.

The GOP thugs have been out to destroy the country for years, and now has become their top objective under Obama. McConnel himself stated making Obama a one term president is the "#1 objective"
The GOP trash have been abusing the filibuster live never before, blocking everything that would better the nation, and otherwise acting like the 3 year olds they are throwing a pissy fit when they don't get their way.

Oh please, they're not even close to the democrats under Bush, blaming Bush for everything. Stop it, dont be an ass, or I'll ride ya.

The cry baby GOP have been abusing like filibuster like no other admin in the history of the nation. Face it, the GOP are a bunch of spoiled brat 3 year olds that shit in their pants and are crying for attention.
One of the main things I wish Obama would do is grow a pair, throw these whiny bastards over his knee, and give them the long deserved whoopin' they deserve.

GROW A PAIR? But I thought Ubama was a male. You mean he still hasn't got the 'Balls'?

You can't debate whether republicans are blocking moves made by The President in general, they need to be broken down individually. Each and every one to get the full story. It's quite possible that some bills created by democrats are opposed by republicans on grounds of spending alone. Is it really a shock that republicans in a majority disagree with a liberal President or congress member?

Has a liberal majority acted in the same manner?

As for Iraq and WMD's. The real story here is that Bush declared a war on terror and warned any country from harboring terrorists. ..."And we will pursue nations that provide aid or safe haven to terrorism. Every nation in every region now has a decision to make: Either you are with us or you are with the terrorists. From this day forward, any nation that continues to harbor or support terrorism will be regarded by the United States as a hostile regime."

Would you agree that Iraq harbored terrorists? There have been many well known terrorists killed there. Would you agree that time after time, over and over that Iraq would not allow U.N. inspectors in their country?

Iraq had Al Samoud-2 weapons which meet the criteria for WMD. They also had tons of yellow cake uranium found in country. I don't understand the debate here.

I was laughing up until the yellow cake - then I knew you were crazy as an outhouse rat. You can't sell that bullshit any more about the old yellow cake sold to Canada or the supposed Niger yellow cake that Saddam was falsely said to be buying...

He has been brainwashed by the military.

Did Iraq harbor terrorists? Were confirmed, high value terrorists killed in Iraq? They must have been on holiday I take it.

Maybe I'm brainwashed and I want to believe in a cause that I participated in, or maybe you're wrong.

Did the US harbor terrorists? Leading Al Quada terrorists were drawn to the US invasion of Iraq and many were killed there.

You were military and you served as you were ordered to serve.

Hoyer is rather melodramatic; the problem is, Republicans have set forth more pique than PLANS.

The problem is the Republican House has sent dozens of bills to the Senate where Harry Reid has, in effect, exercised a pocket veto by not bringing them to the floor for a vote.

Fannie Mae had nothing to do with the financial meltdown.

But keep spreading those lies.

The private sector..you guys put hold as gods..

100% responsible.

Who was responsible for you tiny brain shutting down ?

Was that your doctor or listening to Ed Shultz ?

Ignorance is so powerful. And amazing. I first thought that there werent that many posters here interested in how, "politics as usually" IS DEAD. It has thoughly been replaced by "all or nothing", zero-compromise idiocy.

Don't bother pointing out how Republican congressmen haven't actually *performed* their duties in years. Because, honestly, in the minds of the Rs. stopping Obama no matter how much it hurts the country IS THEIR JOB.

And I just wanted to say one thing on that, have any of you conservative GENIUSES actually observed how a partly-capitalist society benefits from the complete inaction of government as compared to a government that still functions for them, but makes *some* mistakes over the course of say... 10-15 years?

Last edited:
Ignorance is so powerful. And amazing. I first thought that there werent that many posters here interested in how, "politics as usually" IS DEAD. It has thoughly been replaced by "all or nothing", zero-compromise idiocy.

Don't bother pointing out how Republican congressmen haven't actually *performed* their duties in years. Because, honestly, in the minds of the Rs. stopping Obama no matter how much it hurts the country IS THEIR JOB.

And I just wanted to say one thing on that, have any of you conservative GENIUSES actually observed how a partly-capitalist society benefits from the complete inaction of government as compared to a government that still functions for them, but makes *some* mistakes over the course of say... 10-15 years?

in the minds of the Rs. stopping Obama no matter how much it hurts the country IS THEIR JOB.

And when you realize stopping Obama helps the country, you'll be able to stop whining.

By Brian Beutler

Add House Minority Whip Steny Hoyer (D-MD) to the list of high profile Democrats who are publicly accusing Republicans of intentionally undermining the economy in order to defeat President Obama.

“There’s no intention on behalf of the Republicans in the House of Representatives to try to help the president move this country forward,” Hoyer told a small group of reporters in his Capitol office on Thursday morning. “I quote Jesse Jackson, who I thought said it best, there are a lot people in Washington who want to drown the captain and are prepared to sink the ship in order to do so.”

Hoyer: It’s The Economic Sabotage, Stupid! | TPMDC

Republicans want to eat your baby too!

You fuckers are hilarious.

Forum List

Back