How's your day?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Big Black Dog, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Big Black Dog

Big Black Dog Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,702
    My day is off to a very shakey beginning... To start with, bad storm last night. Lots of thunder and lightening so at 3:30 am I am sitting on the back porch smoking a Marlboro watching the battle in the skies. The lights went out briefly at 4:00 am. This morning, the phones are out at my house. Bad deal because my implanted heart defib/pacemaker unit is monitored every night by a machine hooked up to my telephone. The wife went to leave to go to her Tuesday quilting thing with the "ladies" and her car wouldn't start so I had to drive her down to the "hen house" where they quilt on Tuesdays, talk about husbands, and gossip about all the local events. I stopped by the Auto Parts Place and bought a battery charger and while doing so I wondered why a 2009 Hyundai Sante Fe would have a bad battery so soon. It only has 6,000 miles on it. Got home and hooked up the battery charger. Figured it's dead because the wife's car hasn't been started in a month... Sent the phone company an e-mail telling them about my telephone woes and then sent an e-mail to a "special friend" describing a unique event that happened to me just recently. I am now deciding what I might have for lunch. I'm thinking a PB and J sammich with a glass of cold milk. Afterwards I will go see if the wife's car is going to start. The phone will get repaired whenever they feel it's a good time to repair it. Can't do anything about that but rejoice in the fact that there will be no "Sales pitch calls" today on the phone.

So, how is your day going? Mine on a scale of 1 to 10 has started out a 4. However, it's already better because I have got the whinning part over with. Maybe it's up to a 6 now.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2010
  2. Luissa

Luissa Annoying Customer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,664
    I think my son did something to my jaw, I will probably have to get an X ray today. My mom said it is pay back for all times I head butted her when I was two. lol

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. strollingbones

strollingbones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,905
    not a good day here either...just not a good day

4. Big Black Dog

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,702
    They say life is better with ice cream. I'm going to see if that's really true in just a minute.

5. LuckyDan

LuckyDan Sublime

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +609
    Hey Count. Bummer about the battery. But, you have a special friend, two cars and your PC is still working. I'd score that at 8.

I'm off today and dog sitting while Mrs LD is at her bible class. Got a pack of smokes and some fresh coffee.

10 here.

6. Big Black Dog

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,702
    Things are looking up. Have a bowl of chocolate ice cream in front of me. It's not Moose Tracks but chocolate ain't bad. My day has suddenly become a 7.:lol:

7. Madeline

Madeline BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,624
    It's noon, I just got up and I like the book I'm reading. It's a 10....but I *cuddle* those of you with stress.

8. Luissa

Luissa Annoying Customer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,664
    You live in the central time zone? It is only 1016 here. :D

9. Ringel05

Ringel05 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,349
    Morning all....*yawn, stretch* just finished my 1st cup-o-joe, time for number 2. Bleary eyed and sag tailed, eyes itching like crazy = allergy relief drops, here goes. Eye's on fire! Whew, that's better, starting the 2nd oral infusion of coffee. Fart, burp, where did that come from? Oh yeah, sittin' around a campfire eatin' beans and smoking cigars with Alex Karis last night.

10. LuckyDan

LuckyDan Sublime

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +609
    I'd say you've had enough.